CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

CUP is working properly on our server as well. I run a couple of test for a mission yesterday and everything worked flawlessly.

By the way, huge thanks to you guys, you are making our life easier with nearly everything we need in your mod.

First want to say our group is really enjoying the CUP content so far, particularly the vehicle variety we now have.

Just wondering, if anyone else is finding the T-72 a bit too strong? It is taking around 4-6 rounds (all rear shots) from an M136 or SMAW, with a disabled state being kind of rare (out of three tanks only the one I hit in the front had orange hull damage). For comparison's sake, if I use an RHS launcher against the CUP T-72, it takes up to 10 M136 rounds. Meanwhile RHS T-72s will be disabled in one hit and killed in three, regardless of whether it is a CUP or RHS launcher.

I have to say that after doing some testing I agree with you that the T-72 seems a little too well protected. Today I had one take three TOW hits to the side before it exploded which is just a little bit too tough for my liking. This could be explained in a number of different ways though, depending the variant of both the missile and the tank, and whether the tank is fitted with ERA.

mod=@CBA_A3;@ace;@ALiVE;@PooterASR_AI3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@SpyderAddons;@AliveServer;@task_force_radio;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Units;@CUP_ACE3_Compatibility_Addon;@CUP_ACE3_Compatibility_Addon_Vehicles;@3cb_baf_equipment;@3cb_baf_vehicles;@3cb_baf_weapons;@3cb_baf_units;  

Do you have a minus in front of "mod"?

Do you have a minus in front of "mod"?

Yes.

We use CUP on dedicated at CiA, there is no issue with dedicated server. Your second error is a bogus mission file and has nothing to do with CUP.

Where did you download from? I guess we need md5's for the files.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

All of them are from Steam.

Perhaps it's a Steam corrupt download issue? Didn't I read on here that a few folks were getting incomplete CUP mods when they subscribed to it on Steam?

I'll try downloading them from another location and see what happens. But it works perfect when I start it on LAN so I don't know.

I've checked my modline and mods on the dedi about a dozen times so far. I'm hoping that I've missed something super simple but so far I haven't found it. Love the mod too which is frustrating me why I can't get those missions working properly on our dedi

I'm glad to hear others are having no issues on dedi.

So I have some good news and I was able to get a test mission using CUP up and running.  

I used my previously set up modline as well so it was indeed correct.

I have narrowed the issue down to some manually placed down units on the map.  I use ALiVE Modules to populate most of the forces for our missions, but I manually placed some CUP SLA, RACS, and UK vehicles and troops on the mission.  Something that I placed caused the "no.entry model" error and was bouncing me on the dedi. 

So I did 2 things that may have caused an issue and I need a CUP guy to tell me if I'm correct or not.

1. I placed some CUP Dshkm empty machine guns in some bunkers and then manually attached an SLA soldier to them.  Could this cause an issue as the SLA doesn't techincally have any support units built into the config?

2. We use 3CB and I was augmenting the British troops with some CUP British aircaft, Landrovers, and Helos.  Since the UK faction isn't technically completed yet for CUP, could that be an issue?

Glad to see I can run CUP on the dedi, but still investigating what I manually placed that caused my original missions to go FUBARED.  

Unlikely to be either of the suggestions you made Autigergrad. Shouldn't be anything wrong with what you were trying.

More likely EDEN did something "funny" ?

Unlikely to be either of the suggestions you made Autigergrad. Shouldn't be anything wrong with what you were trying.

More likely EDEN did something "funny" ?

Yup. Looks like it. I deleted a CUP ZSU and an SLA Sniper...and the error stopped. Funny thing is I had other units of the same type on the map as well. Lol.

I guess ARMA being ARMA.

Working great on dedi now so all is well. Great mod.

Are Takistani civilians on the front burner, back burner, or currently off the stove?  ;)

Are Takistani civilians on the front burner, back burner, or currently off the stove? ;)

Hard to tell. Most of the time I make decisions like that on a minute note.

I'm looking forward to them.   :)   I'm thinking of porting a Zargabad-based campaign over from A2. 

If everything goes smooth next CUP patch will have support for ACE Fastroping:

RJ1GoMf.jpg

• Like 14

Does anyone know how to raise the Gyrocam of the RG-31 M2 GC?  It seems like the camera works perfectly fine, but is useless so long as it's stuck down in that telescoping turret.  There doesn't seem to be any action menu item to raise it and even trying to animate "Gyrocam" in the config's AnimationSources does nothing.  Am I missing something or this just not functional (yet)?

You use the raise/lower (analog) periscope keybinds for it, as found on the Strider and Remote Designator in vanilla.

You use the raise/lower (analog) periscope keybinds for it, as found on the Strider and Remote Designator in vanilla.

Perfect, thank you!  I figured I was overlooking something.  This may be a dumb question, but is this documented somewhere that I just didn't find?

Can you pick where the ropes be placed on ch47 either the 2 on ramp or the one in the fuselage?

Not really, all three are spawned by default, you'd need a custom pbo to modify the fastrope spawns.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to implementing fastroping into my clan! Really great work!

Does anyone know when the next update is due for release? Really looking forward to implementing fastroping into my clan! Really great work!

I know when it is due for release.

But I will only say "When it'S done". Which should be soon

• Like 4

Some news!

I've added 4 FFV positions to the BMP1/2 line up. It seems only right that you can ride on top of Russian vehicles. I've also added 4 "non-combatant" ride on top slots to the BMP Ambulance. In keeping with the tradition of MEDEVAC vehicles being unarmed, these allow for walking wounded. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509279488218380828/24BD002C708E70B838B95FF5CFAF85A0954D8FE5/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509278725899975332/5005151BF2F1711882CA4D41A0AF1FAE320B838C/

Also started work on the Pchela-1T UAV. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509279488218377958/62927ED6F390EF8F666D7EF3EF88CCAD917095D4/

It works just like any other UAV in Arma 3. Which is great considering how it was in Arma 2 ;) Can't say for sure if it will make the next update. 

• Like 7

Is there tool or a text file with a list of arma2 and CUP classnames to help mission makers to port arma2 mission to arma3 with CUP?

Something like this:

UH1Y --> CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC
USMC_Soldier_SL --> CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_SL
USMC_Soldier_AR --> CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_AR
Ins_Soldier_MG --> CUP_O_INS_Soldier_MG
Ins_Lopotev --> CUP_O_INS_Soldier_AK74
Ins_Soldier_Medic --> CUP_O_INS_Medic

Is there tool or a text file with a list of arma2 and CUP classnames to help mission makers to port arma2 mission to arma3 with CUP?

Something like this:

UH1Y --> CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC
USMC_Soldier_SL --> CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_SL
USMC_Soldier_AR --> CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_AR
Ins_Soldier_MG --> CUP_O_INS_Soldier_MG
Ins_Lopotev --> CUP_O_INS_Soldier_AK74
Ins_Soldier_Medic --> CUP_O_INS_Medic
Unfortunately not. Most weapons have aliases that are like the Arma2 name with CUP_ prepended, but not Vehicles, and we haven't got a list either.

Some news!

I've added 4 FFV positions to the BMP1/2 line up. It seems only right that you can ride on top of Russian vehicles. I've also added 4 "non-combatant" ride on top slots to the BMP Ambulance. In keeping with the tradition of MEDEVAC vehicles being unarmed, these allow for walking wounded. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509279488218380828/24BD002C708E70B838B95FF5CFAF85A0954D8FE5/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509278725899975332/5005151BF2F1711882CA4D41A0AF1FAE320B838C/

Also started work on the Pchela-1T UAV. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/509279488218377958/62927ED6F390EF8F666D7EF3EF88CCAD917095D4/

It works just like any other UAV in Arma 3. Which is great considering how it was in Arma 2 ;) Can't say for sure if it will make the next update. 

Fantastic!  Reminds me of Iron Front with Russian soldiers riding on the T-34s!