CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hi, I skimmed the CUP tracker, and it seems questions re: 3rd party stuff aren't intended to be mentioned there. (only meant as: I shouldn't bring up my problem there. :) )

Is there something special/unique/problematic about CUP weapon class names or the shotguns specifically that users should know in order to use them with scripts? I am a beginner scrub when it comes to scripting. This is not a huge deal or a well-known one b/c it's so newly released, but bp.sushi made a door-breaching script that in the breach-settings.cpp asks for weapon class names to apply an event handler. His script seems to ignore the CUP shotguns, but will correctly add the EH to e.g. vanilla and RHS weapons. I tried adding only the CUP_M1014 or the CUP_sgun_M1014, then I tried including both. I checked all the shotguns, then a sample of the other CUP weapons. We've already troubleshot the script, and every bit of it works as advertised -- just not with CUP weapons.

class BREACH
    {
        gunClasses[] = {"CUP_M1014", "CUP_sgun_M1014", "hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F", "CUP_Weapon_sgun_AA12"};
    }

(I cut out non-relevant classes and comments)

I pulled the weapons' class names from the in-game config viewer.

I do really appreciate all the immense and tedious work that the huge CUP conversion is requiring. The edits, fixes, and improvements are truly a labor of love. And the Vodnik! Oh yes. One of the earlier Arma 2 videos I watched featured several AI-driven Vodniks. It was pretty cool, and in a tiny way helped motivate me to buy Arma 3 and get into the mod/mission/etc. community.

Please note I'm only hoping/asking for some guidance to help me figure it out. I'm not asking that anyone fix anything -- b/c I know it's in no way an obligation to deal with someone else's scripts when your project is already plenty large.

I'm not aware of anything special in weapons that would cause that.

Maybe something different with inheritances?

Will you be adding the new distant gunfire sounds to your weapons?

We still have to look into the new sounds overhaul tbqh fam.

Hi, I skimmed the CUP tracker, and it seems questions re: 3rd party stuff aren't intended to be mentioned there.

Well, it's a bug tracker, it tracks bugs with CUP. It's not meant as a help desk for problems with using the assets, only for reporting problems with the assets themselves.

For anything else, there's the forum or out Discord chat.

I love that vehicle in ArmA 2 when i played as BAF i used it every time! Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

5zVoRPql.jpg

New civilian units: Firefighter and Mechanic

• Like 11

LOL! Firefighter :P  ? Useful for Napalm

Napalm? Nobody said anything about napalm. Napalm is a lie! ;)

• Like 2

Napalm? Nobody said anything about napalm. Napalm is a lie! ;)

Inb4 Chairborne

So, outside of a Main battle tank....we should have assets for every other area of a British force (infantry, apc, IFVs, Helos)?

Excited to combine this CUP BAF force with my existing 3cb forces in our missions!

So, outside of a Main battle tank....we should have assets for every other area of a British force (infantry, apc, IFVs, Helos)?

Excited to combine this CUP BAF force with my existing 3cb forces in our missions!

Yes, about everything else is there. We're still looking for a Challenger 2, but so far without luck.

Tempted to do one myself, but then there is still so much else left to do...

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Turbosquid is off limits for a number of reasons.

why? I never knew that you couldn't bring models to the game if u buy em.

Well first off our source-sharing policy (APL-SA) is surely against their IP protection clauses, secondarily i remember someone going more thoroughly in their license and pointing out that the models acquired can't be redistributed as game content, even more so if this content can be "reverse-engineered" (as in ripped).

• Like 1

Also, its almost a million polys. :wacko:

We still have to look into the new sounds overhaul tbqh fam.

Copy that!

I really hope you add it sometime in the future! :)

Well first off our source-sharing policy (APL-SA) is surely against their IP protection clauses, secondarily i remember someone going more thoroughly in their license and pointing out that the models acquired can't be redistributed as game content, even more so if this content can be "reverse-engineered" (as in ripped).

Thank you.

M1hFJfHl.png

Regular VDV and MVD troops (click for larger)

2a4kdZDl.jpg

Spetsnaz (Click for larger)

• Like 19

So it looks life BAF, Russian, and US army units will be coming that's some great work there. 

Hiya!

Quick question regarding ranging the M230 on the AH64. For me it seems like it is auto-ranging between 100m and ~1200m as in basically hitting exactly where you aim no matter the actual range within that span.

What happens when you shoot at ~2km is that all rounds fall very very short and it seems like there's no way of manually setting the range. On a few other apaches out there you are able to enable the laser desig and lock the gun to that to get it to auto range and at the time of writing I haven't tested that on the CUP iteration. Is this the case here too?

So, to my actual question then. How are you supposed in a properly range the M230-cannon? What's the intended way? :)

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1