CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I'd say just to darken the unit textures a bit, and they'll look just perfect! Thanks for all the hard work

Which unit textures do you mean? Don't judge them by their appearance in the Armory. The lighting in the VR world is rather weird, and doesn't look like the one in the "real" worlds. This is how they look on Altis.

In any case, going over all the textures and applying the same kind of darkening on them is out of the question. The USMC alone uses a couple dozen textures.

bug: UK59 always has a flame of fire, not matter firing or not, thanks.

Noted, thanks.

Boo! :yay:

Nice mod, keep up the good work guys!

Does anyone know what kind of hand guard/rail is on the AR15 sanitized?

Does anyone know what kind of hand guard/rail is on the AR15 sanitized?

Are you on about the HLC AR15 pack? :O Wrong mod fella :D

Are you on about the HLC AR15 pack? :O Wrong mod fella :D

Face palm... Yes :D

As usual in arma 3, the last patch has broke once again a bunch of mods (i'm beginning to have enough about these patches that are breaking mods..... in ArmA 2 this didn't happen) and CUP's weapons muzzleflashes doesn't work once again, FYK

As usual in arma 3, the last patch has broke once again a bunch of mods (i'm beginning to have enough about these patches that are breaking mods..... in ArmA 2 this didn't happen) and CUP's weapons muzzleflashes doesn't work once again, FYK

Thank you, yeah we noticed it. I had hoped the recent hotfix would resolve the problem, apparently it hasn't.

I'm looking into an alternative, probably I will try to change all the muzzle flash/fire selections back to "zasleh" because they always seem to work (as evident by BIS' own weapons). This is the second time that this bug has occurred, so much for wanting to do things "right" by going with the sample model :)

Thank you, yeah we noticed it. I had hoped the recent hotfix would resolve the problem, apparently it hasn't.

I'm looking into an alternative, probably I will try to change all the muzzle flash/fire selections back to "zasleh" because they always seem to work (as evident by BIS' own weapons). This is the second time that this bug has occurred, so much for wanting to do things "right" by going with the sample model :)

Thank you very much Alwarren and team, for your huge effort, and your great addon

In somw of the other mods affected by this,if you equip then un-equip a suppressor it will fix the issue.

---------- Post added at 02:39 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

Am i on the right thread to ask about A2 civilians being ported?i really like the orthodox priest from Chernarus and as Altis is greek orthodox he would fit in well there.Are they being added?

Am i on the right thread to ask about A2 civilians being ported?i really like the orthodox priest from Chernarus and as Altis is greek orthodox he would fit in well there.Are they being added?

Search is your friend ;)

As I already said before, yes civilians are planned as well.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Hi. i'm so excited about all the work CUP have done and are working on for the future of the Arma3 community.

And i have a question, not necessarily just to the CUP guys but to everyone on this forum section.

I have been searching for a Mauser M03 in a arma 3 addon but so far i haven't been able to find it if it is out there. I really think the Mauser M03 would be perfect for a Arma3 addon and have it's purpose. As we all know there's a overwhelming amount of DMR's in pretty much any weapon pack you find (and of course they serve their purpose as well). And frankly i don't think there are enough bolt action rifles compared to other guns. We can find multiple different addon packs of the same weapons (AR's,AK's,H&K's etc) and i know that's what CUP weapon pack is sorting out and i can't thank you enough for that :)

So now to the meat of my main question: So why the Mauser M03 you may ask? Well..to be honest it's just one amazing rifle and one hell of a engineering & mechanical masterpiece. And everyone that hunt or go to the gun range frequently and have got to try one will probably agree that it's just a piece of art (if you haven't tried one yet,you should asap) :) It's a completely modular system.

When you buy a M03 what's amazing is the tool less switching of different ammo types by turning the Bolt head. Also the modular system with interchangeable barrels for different ammo types (long/short barrels),and i believe each of the rifle magazines supports up to 7 different ammo types if i remember correctly maybe more. I have no modeling or coding skills myself so this is why i'm posting this here,in hope that someone with the skill sets might get a interest for it. I know that it would be one HELL of a job to start the work on this rifle, but it wouldn't necessarily need to support all the ammo types. Me personally would be pretty happy if it just supported one of the more common ammo types for it like the 300 Mag win/338 Lapua. 308 win. 243 win. 7mm-08 Rem. 270 Win. 375 H&H Mag. 416 Rem Mag. 458 Lott. or the 404 Jeffery.

Supported calibers:

Mini: 222 Rem, 223 Rem

Standard: 22-250 Rem, 243 Win, 7mm-08 Rem, 308 Win, 6,5x55, 6,5x57, 6,5x65 RWS, 25-06 Rem, 270 Win, 7x64, 30-06, 8x57IS, 8,5x63, 9,3x62

Magnum: 270 WSM, 300 WSM, 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag, 300 Wby Mag, 8x68S, 338 Win Mag, 375 H&H Mag, 416 Rem Mag, 458 Lott, 404 Jeffery

As i said i would be quite happy if it only support one type of ammo. And one could always add another ammo type later on. I think it could make for some interesting missions in the future if for instance a sniper team (the sniper & a spotter),would have to carry a extra barrel and a balanced supply of 2 ammo types for different unexpected scenarios.

And as i mentioned before this is probably one hell of a task to manage and would probably take a long time to accomplish. But if there is someone reading this that has the skills or know someone that might have. I am sure there is a lot of people in the Arma 3 community that prefer the bolt action rifles,that would really appreciate it. I know this is a LOT to ask for,but i had to post it in hope of someone reading it and maybe felt the way i do. So this is more of a shot in the dark in hope of a weapon pack maker/modeler reading this. Anyway,thanks in advance for reading.

Edited by Cid1
Was a bit wall of text. Hopefully this is a bit better.

Hi. i'm so excited about all the work CUP have done and are working on for the future of the Arma3 community. And i have a question, not necessarily just to the CUP guys but to everyone on this forum section. I have been searching for a Mauser M03 in a arma 3 addon but so far i haven't been able to find it if it is out there. I really think the Mauser M03 would be perfect for a Arma3 addon and have it's purpose. As we all know there's a overwhelming amount of DMR's in pretty much any weapon pack you find (and of course they serve their purpose as well). And frankly i don't think there are enough bolt action rifles compared to other guns. We can find multiple different addon packs of the same weapons (AR's,AK's,H&K's etc) and i know that's what CUP weapon pack is sorting out and i can't thank you enough for that :) So now to the meat of my main question: So why the Mauser M03 you may ask? Well..to be honest it's just one amazing rifle and one hell of a engineering & mechanical masterpiece. And everyone that hunt or go to the gun range frequently and have got to try one will probably agree that it's just a piece of art (if you haven't tried one yet,you should asap) :) .When you buy a M03 it usually come with 3 interchangeable barrels for different ammo types,and i believe the rifle it self supports up to 7 different ammo types if i remember correctly. I have no modeling or coding skills myself so this is why i'm posting this here,in hope that someone with the skill sets might get a interest for it. I know that it would be one HELL of a job to start the work on this rifle, but it wouldn't necessarily need to support all the ammo types. Me personally would be pretty happy if it just supported one of the more common ammo types for it like the 300 Mag win/338 Lapua. 308 win. 243 win. 7mm-08 Rem. 270 Win. 375 H&H Mag. 416 Rem Mag. 458 Lott. or the 404 Jeffery. As i said i would be quite happy if it only support one type of ammo. And one could always add another ammo type later on. I think it could take for some interesting missions in the future if for instance a sniper team (the sniper & a spotter),would have to carry a extra barrel and a balanced supply of 2 ammo types for different unexpected scenarios. And as i mentioned before this is probably one hell of a task to manage and would probably take a long time to accomplish. But if there is someone reading this that has the skills or know someone that might have. I am sure there is a lot of people in the Arma 3 community that prefer the bolt action rifles,that would really appreciate it. I know this is a LOT to ask for,but i had to post it in hope of someone reading it and maybe felt the way i do. So this is more of a shot in the dark in hope of a weapon pack maker/modeler reading this. Anyway,thanks in advance for reading.

My god...

Any chance you can format this post better? Paragraphs perhaps? All I am seeing is a wall of text and my eyes hurt now.

I am sure I'm not the only one who would think this. So yeah, TL;DR

Kind regards,

Sanchez

My god...

Any chance you can format this post better? Paragraphs perhaps? All I am seeing is a wall of text and my eyes hurt now.

I am sure I'm not the only one who would think this. So yeah, TL;DR

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Better?

As far as I know CUP is dedicated to porting the content from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3, not make new content atm. I do believe that Toadie2k will be working on a load of rifles, including a Mauser K98. He's the guy who made the HLC weapons..You may want to post this in there and convince him to add it to his work list. He posted a spreadsheet of his work list a while ago, available here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/edit#gid=0

Anyway, I'm pretty sure CUP won't be adding any new(as in, not ArmA 2 ported) content anytime soon.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ok thanks i only have toadie on twitter, and it's hard to explain what my ideas are over 140 char. Really appreciate it. Do you know if toadie has a section on the Bi forum or another forum? really appreciate the help man ty very much :) Never mind i already have him here on Bi forums.

Ok thanks i only have toadie on twitter, and it's hard to explain what my ideas are over 140 char. Really appreciate it. Do you know if toadie has a section on the Bi forum or another forum? really appreciate the help man ty very much :) Never mind i already have him here on Bi forums.

Yeah man your question would probably be best placed here: Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

That's the page for the HLC weapon packs.

Hello I am trying to add all of your great weapons and attachments into a campaign, specifically MERCs, and am trying to be thorough with the attachments especially. Because of the shop system I found out that the Bizon can use more than the suppressor. I attached the Kobra sight as well! Now I would like to add all the weapons and attachments to the units. Is there a list of weapons and supported attachments that I could get? For example, Bizon Suppressor, Kobra, etc.

Hello I am trying to add all of your great weapons and attachments into a campaign, specifically MERCs, and am trying to be thorough with the attachments especially. Because of the shop system I found out that the Bizon can use more than the suppressor. I attached the Kobra sight as well! Now I would like to add all the weapons and attachments to the units. Is there a list of weapons and supported attachments that I could get? For example, Bizon Suppressor, Kobra, etc.

Try this

http://friedenhq.org/tmp/CUP_Class%20List/classlist.html

Thank you for that. I had found that in my search before asking here. It gave me the list of weapons. What I am looking for is a list of accessories that COULD go onto those weapons. Does that make sense?

For example, on that link there is CUP_bizon_snds ... ergo a Suppressed Bizon SMG. What I discovered is that there CAN be a CUP_bizon_snds_kobra (if my formatting is correct). I am looking for THE list of all accessories that will mount to a Bizon. (In this instance.)

I have never modded anything and the answer may well be under my nose and I don't know it as well.

Thank you for that. I had found that in my search before asking here. It gave me the list of weapons. What I am looking for is a list of accessories that COULD go onto those weapons. Does that make sense?

For example, on that link there is CUP_bizon_snds ... ergo a Suppressed Bizon SMG. What I discovered is that there CAN be a CUP_bizon_snds_kobra (if my formatting is correct). I am looking for THE list of all accessories that will mount to a Bizon. (In this instance.)

I have never modded anything and the answer may well be under my nose and I don't know it as well.

If I were you I'd just go on VA, test the optics that work, find their classnames using https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/primaryWeaponItems and try the formatting or otherwise open up the PBOs, idk. I am assuming you are editing a shop system that is not made by you (thus you re-writing it so that it uses https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addPrimaryWeaponItem would be too difficult perhaps).

Kind regards,

Sanchez