CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hi guys: sorry if was already asked, but: will u plan to include some different skin for the CH-53? Example Marines Desert or Woodland, NAVY skin, or USAF camo green/grey. Did u? And also some skins for the Cobra, Desert or Camo?

Thanks for the attention :)

USMC helos haven't been painted other than grey for almost 25 years, if anything we might add other older versions but it's not a priority right now.

• Like 2

If you can find someone to donate/make the models I think it would be great if the RACS could have some older model of the UH-1, perhaps the UH-1D which Germany also uses. The M60 Patton tank would also be nice, but I haven't seen one for Arma 3 at all. It's sad that the Project RACS guys probably won't allow anything to happen to all the stuff they made.

Edit: Just remembered that Takistan has the UH-1H!

If you can find someone to donate/make the models I think it would be great if the RACS could have some older model of the UH-1, perhaps the UH-1D which Germany also uses. The M60 Patton tank would also be nice, but I haven't seen one for Arma 3 at all. It's sad that the Project RACS guys probably won't allow anything to happen to all the stuff they made.

There's a bazillion vehicles we could use in game, we just gotta find decent models for them and the rights to use them under our license. Super easy! :D

• Like 1

There's a bazillion vehicles we could use in game, we just gotta find decent models for them and the rights to use them under our license. Super easy! :D

It's still nice to dream  :wub:

But yeah, there is Takistan's UH-1H that hasn't been ported yet, as far as I know. But I can happily wait until someone gets round to it.  :)

Edit: Just remembered that Takistan has the UH-1H!

We have the source for UH-1C, D, H and also N.

Might take some time but they will be included.

• Like 1

It's planned to include women. Not sure how they will work, though. We'll see once I get to them

Yeah-I'm not sure how women work either...Oh,did you mean in game or....nevermind ;)

• Like 2

Sort of. We had definitely planned to port some of the missions, and a few have considered tackling the campaign, but if and when that will happen, I cannot really say. It will certainly take a while.

(Any help on that is welcome :))

That's great to hear. I would help..but you really don't want my help hehehe. Not if you want it to look good or function anyway.

Yeah-I'm not sure how women work either...Oh,did you mean in game or....nevermind ;)

Hehehe, good one :D

• Like 1

Here some statistics from the CUP mods published on Steam Workshop:

CUP Weapons:
115,623 Subscriber

CUP Units:
84,819 Subscriber

CUP Vehicles:
78,294 Subscriber

CUP Terrains Core:
51,566 Subscriber

CUP Terrains Maps:
42,881 Subscriber

Keep in mind, those are only the numbers from Steam. We also have GoogleDrive and who knows on what platforms CUP Mods are also avaliable.
Thinking about those numbers is stunning and giving me goose bumps...

At this point it's more than fair to say THANK YOU!

Thank you for your trust, your patience and your love for Arma and our Mods!
This is only the beginning ;)
  • Like 12

Here some statistics from the CUP mods published on Steam Workshop:

CUP Weapons:
115,623 Subscriber

CUP Units:
84,819 Subscriber

CUP Vehicles:
78,294 Subscriber

CUP Terrains Core:
51,566 Subscriber

CUP Terrains Maps:
42,881 Subscriber

Keep in mind, those are only the numbers from Steam. We also have GoogleDrive and who knows on what platforms CUP Mods are also avaliable.

Thinking about those numbers is stunning and giving me goose bumps...

At this point it's more than fair to say THANK YOU!

Thank you for your trust, your patience and your love for Arma and our Mods!

This is only the beginning ;)

It just goes to show how much of a great job you all are doing. Thank you for that!

How can there be more unit subscribers then vehicle? Wouldn't that mean people are playing with errors because of the missing dependencies? 

How can there be more unit subscribers then vehicle? Wouldn't that mean people are playing with errors because of the missing dependencies? 

You having a derp moment? :P

You can use weapons & units together....units doesn't depend on vehicles...vehicles depend on units :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 2

Ah I like how the guy in the corner appears to be vomiting :D

That's a squaddie taxi rank !! :D

• Like 1

You having a derp moment? :P

You can use weapons & units together....units doesn't depend on vehicles...vehicles depend on units :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

ah okay 

Just logged in to once again thank you for your best efforts, guys! It's amazing to see all of you so motivated for the project, enjoying the progress, no matter in what increments.

Such a motivated and talented modding group could possibly also make a separate Cold War mod, I suppose. I'd love to have a CWR-like mod back for Arma 3.

It's been missing out for far too long :)

I should probably clarify my ideas behind the '85 era troops before people start getting ahead of themselves :p I made the RU and FIA '85 troops quickly over the course of a night or two as I felt it'd be nice to have some OFP looking units, either included in the mod or released separately as a mini expansion. I'm not gonna start going out of my way making a CWR-esqe mod , there's simply too much to do :p

I should probably clarify my ideas behind the '85 era troops before people start getting ahead of themselves :P I made the RU and FIA '85 troops quickly over the course of a night or two as I felt it'd be nice to have some OFP looking units, either included in the mod or released separately as a mini expansion. I'm not gonna start going out of my way making a CWR-esqe mod , there's simply too much to do :P

I've always liked the FIA. They would make a good extra rebel/guerilla faction. Maybe include the Russian uniforms, but I'm not sure about them having their own faction or being part of the Russian one.

I've always liked the FIA. They would make a good extra rebel/guerilla faction. Maybe include the Russian uniforms, but I'm not sure about them having their own faction or being part of the Russian one.

Russian uniforms are listed under Men ('85) in the Russian faction :) 

• Like 1

I searched this topic for 'shoot through rocks' and got no hits.

Have just played on Takistan, and can confirm that some rocks can be shot through.

The mission I played, was on the road between Feruz Abad and Jilavur. 

We plan to but there are a few obstacles, and we're looking for a model of an M3M to have some more variety/punch.

I think Siddy has a model that may be available. We're sitting on it at the moment waiting to get it textured (I think so anyway)

I think Siddy has a model that may be available. We're sitting on it at the moment waiting to get it textured (I think so anyway)

don't get why you're adding more models when the current models are very low-quality as it stands. It would make more sense to improve the plethora of stuff you've already got 

• Like 2

don't get why you're adding more models when the current models are very low-quality as it stands. It would make more sense to improve the plethora of stuff you've already got 

The point of CUP is *NOT* to improve models.  Their special purpose in life is to import EXISTING CONTENT!  "Better" models is a bonus that is icing on the cake.

Besides, better models != better quality is a LONG discussion and does NOT equate to better quality.  There are all sorts of ways to make it look better w. current models.

• Like 2