CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Note that "cup_weapons readme.txt" included in 1.4 still lists old version:

CUP Weapon Pack Version 1.3.1 (06|11|2015)

Yes i know , but that's not for vehicles. I ask that question for object placement like a briefing room , an arsenal area.

Fire up an LHD and check the height of spawned vehicles or units using the debug console - should be the same as ATLAS.

Will there be a fix for the missing interaction menu's (ACE3) on the CH53 and the C130 ? Devs from ACE3 said, they cant do nothing and that basically you have to fix it

I have a question we have run into a problem with the guns because we can shoot our guns and locally we can hear the shots, but my friends wont hear the gunshots just the bullets going past.

Welcome to the club. It's an Arma's problem and the only somewhat reliable solution is to make sure that all connected clients use exactly same modset.

Did the issue of the AI, in the Cobra and Apache gunner position(and possibly other attack choppers), not shooting at infantry on the ground get resolved? I looked through the bug tracker and didn't see it listed any where but I could have missed it!

Did the issue of the AI, in the Cobra and Apache gunner position(and possibly other attack choppers), not shooting at infantry on the ground get resolved? I looked through the bug tracker and didn't see it listed any where but I could have missed it!

Nope, and you want to know why? Because as i wrote here several times, issues that aren't posted in the feedback tracker get forgotten.

We don't do that on purpose (ignoring bugs reported here) but we already have enough on our hands and we can't spend our time checking every single public thread of ours looking for this stuff, if you want to see stuff getting fixed do us a favor and use the feedback tracker. :) 

I remember AiA had tonnes of Civilian vehicles from the previous games, will those be ported by CUP too?

NM first post says all content, i thought it said most for some reason 

Question, maybe alreay asked, and in case of it I'm sorry for asking again:

With AiA Standalone u can load A2 addonsand make it work with A3. There is a way to do this with CUP? Or generically there is a way to have A2 addons on A3 w/o modelling/modding/ etc etc? Thanks for the info :)

Question, maybe alreay asked, and in case of it I'm sorry for asking again:

With AiA Standalone u can load A2 addonsand make it work with A3. There is a way to do this with CUP? Or generically there is a way to have A2 addons on A3 w/o modelling/modding/ etc etc? Thanks for the info :)

A2:OA vehicle and weapons mods work with A3....kinda.

You wont get any weapon sounds but vehicles do move and stuff, providing they're not big planes, they don't work what-so-ever 

If you remember there was a patch a while ago (might of been the transition between Beta and full release) where it broken weapon sounds (they changed the sound archive destination i believe) and mod authors had to update their mods for the sounds to work again. Thats why A2 mods don't work with A3 anymore, before that patch you could use the Eurofighter in A3.

And big planes don't work because of a physics X change, it broke Denzik's Jets and the E3 AWACS from the USAF mod (for a time). The Wings of the East Mod for A2 could work fully if you know how to update the vehicles physics to work  

• Like 1

The new LHDs are awesome, but I noticed some funky spawning happening.  Some helicopters on the flight deck would spawn in the air, others would be at an angle.

This happened on all 3 loadouts that had vehicles.

Tried it on Stratis and Altis.

A2:OA vehicle and weapons mods work with A3....kinda.

You wont get any weapon sounds but vehicles do move and stuff, providing they're not big planes, they don't work what-so-ever 

If you remember there was a patch a while ago (might of been the transition between Beta and full release) where it broken weapon sounds (they changed the sound archive destination i believe) and mod authors had to update their mods for the sounds to work again. Thats why A2 mods don't work with A3 anymore, before that patch you could use the Eurofighter in A3.

And big planes don't work because of a physics X change, it broke Denzik's Jets and the E3 AWACS from the USAF mod (for a time). The Wings of the East Mod for A2 could work fully if you know how to update the vehicles physics to work  

First thanks for the info. However I looking only for veichles. Weapons there are too much of them in A3. I will try. Thanks again or the info officeramr!

hi I' m waiting for pw6 update of the cup ace compatibility...maybe you forgot it because of this big last amount of Releases(Thank you !!)

bYe

Nope, and you want to know why? Because as i wrote here several times, issues that aren't posted in the feedback tracker get forgotten.

We don't do that on purpose (ignoring bugs reported here) but we already have enough on our hands and we can't spend our time checking every single public thread of ours looking for this stuff, if you want to see stuff getting fixed do us a favor and use the feedback tracker. :)

My apologizes! I had assumed that when the issue was tested and confirmed by one of the CUP team members that it would have been added. My bad!

Edit: Issue has been added to the tracker!

That link is for the units pack not vehicles :)

Yep.  Correct destination is:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29716

I downloaded v1.1 of the (awesome) vehicle pack yesterday, but today the download link on ArmaHolic points to v1.2?  Has a new version just been released?  :D B)

Thanks a lot guys for porting the SUV,much appreciated.It was one of my fav vehicles in A2:OA for pmc&spec ops missions.

no it's 1.1, it was mistakenly named as 1.2 in one post

The ArmaHolic download is named Community-Upgrade-Project-Vehicles-Pack-version-1.2.rar, so the version number is wrong there as well.

Note that mod.cpp in the vehicle pack for v1.1 shows current version as "1.0.1."

name = "CUP Vehicle Pack 1.0.1";
tooltip = "Community Upgrade Project Vehicle 1.0.1";
tooltipOwned = "Community Upgrade Project Vehicle 1.0.1";

Also note that cup_vehicles readme.txt also lists wrong version and release date:

CUP Vehicles Pack Version 1.0.1 (06|11|2015)

ok, now I'm getting I little confused...

is this still all the things you gave us for x mas , or was there another update?