CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Is the 'CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon - v1.0' the same as the compatibility files found in the optional folder in ACE3,

or am I supposed to run all of them together?

I don't see anything inside the optional folder mentioning "cup" so I would say you have to download and run the CUP's compatibility addon

I know this might sound a bit selfish, but I think it's easy to do and fills a place in CUP (plus I'm too lazy to set up the development environment):

Would it be possible to get a variant of the SOV Humvee with an M2? Adding it seems like it'd be easy to do, just replaced the model and some memory points, and a small config edit. Plus, it adds a much more balanced option for SOF teams.

I thought the same thing when working on them. When the time comes we're going to do some other updates to the humvees as well. Right now we have other priorities unfortunately.

Is the 'CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon - v1.0' the same as the compatibility files found in the optional folder in ACE3,

or am I supposed to run all of them together?

As far as i know you only need the module released by us, the files inside the ACE3 folders are leftovers from old builds.

I don't see anything inside the optional folder mentioning "cup" so I would say you have to download and run the CUP's compatibility addon

As far as i know you only need the module released by us, the files inside the ACE3 folders are leftovers from old builds.

I use Play with six, and this is in the optional folder:

ace_compat_cup.pbo

ace_compat_cup.pbo.ace_3.4.1.0-0599b35f.bisign

ace_compat_cup.pbo.six_ace3.bisign

I guess they are redundant then and will not use them.

Great work!

If it's any help you can use my addons in this compilation (An2, C130, SU34, etc).

Source stuff can be found in my signature/first post of vehicle in the case of the An-2 and C-130, for the Su-34 send me a pm.

cheers

• Like 1

Just wonder :

You say that this mod is made to port all ArmA 1 and 2.

However, you also added new content like the CH-53E.

Do you plan to add more exclusive content?

Thanks

Who would I contact about permission to use this mod?

Thanks

Just wonder :

Thanks

Hi wiki,

none of our content is exclusive - everything we release gets released under APL-SA and is free for everyone to use. We do include donations from the community if we can - as long as the original authors agree to have it released under APL-SA. This also applies to the CH53-E which is a port of the CH53-E that was released as an addon for ArmA 2.

Who would I contact about permission to use this mod?

Thanks

Hi pydrex,

like mentioned before, CUP is released under APL-SA. This means that you can use every asset of CUP to your liking as long as you credit the original authors and release your modified assets under APL-SA, too. For more information on ArmA licenses visit https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses (this graphic is espcially handy)

Great work!

If it's any help you can use my addons in this compilation (An2, C130, SU34, etc).

Source stuff can be found in my signature/first post of vehicle in the case of the An-2 and C-130, for the Su-34 send me a pm.

cheers

Cool, thanks dude! We'll check that out.

If you're interested in joining shoot me a pm.

Just wonder :

Thanks

Yes, we have plans for more.

The CH-53E and Mi-6 were added out of necessity for heavy lifters though, for other content we are probably going to wait a bit and push some of the remaining vanilla stuff plus the usual bugfixing.

• Like 1

Hi wiki,

none of our content is exclusive - everything we release gets released under APL-SA and is free for everyone to use. We do include donations from the community if we can - as long as the original authors agree to have it released under APL-SA. This also applies to the CH53-E which is a port of the CH53-E that was released as an addon for ArmA 2.

Hi pydrex,

like mentioned before, CUP is released under APL-SA. This means that you can use every asset of CUP to your liking as long as you credit the original authors and release your modified assets under APL-SA, too. For more information on ArmA licenses visit https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses (this graphic is espcially handy)

Hello,

Is this still allowed under https://www.bistudio.com/monetization, We're applying to be approved for reserved slots so I was wondering if this effected your policy that is why I am asking direct permission.

Thanks

(Feel free to PM me for specifics) 

Hello,

Is this still allowed under https://www.bistudio.com/monetization, We're applying to be approved for reserved slots so I was wondering if this effected your policy that is why I am asking direct permission.

Thanks

(Feel free to PM me for specifics) 

Sorry but our license specifically says no commercial use is allowed, therefore we cannot give you green light on our content.

Good luck with your server. :)

• Like 1

The FAQ in the first post got updated regarding the usage of CUP on monetized servers.

If making own "faction mod" out of CUP MLODS due the license, does it have to depend on CUP addons itself or can it be standalone?

If making own "faction mod" out of CUP MLODS due the license, does it have to depend on CUP addons itself or can it be standalone?

If what you're trying to do is "avoid CUP veto-ing my monetization program" then you still can't do that because you're still using work derived from ours.

The license is applied automatically to any derived content so the non-commercial clause still applies, even if you were to make your own ports derived from BI content.

It will have to depend on the CUP addons.

• Like 3

If what you're trying to do is "avoid CUP veto-ing my monetization program" then you still can't do that because you're still using work derived from ours.

The license is applied automatically to any derived content so the non-commercial clause still applies, even if you were to make your own ports derived from BI content.

No need to jump into such conclusion of "monetization" I simply asked out of curiosity as I'm planning to work on RACS since PRACS won't be coming to A3 and I miss Sahrani

But thank you

• Like 1

No need to jump into such conclusion of "monetization" I simply asked out of curiosity as I'm planning to work on RACS since PRACS won't be coming to A3 and I miss Sahrani

But thank you

Then what does the license have to do with your question?

Also the "banned" under your profile doesn't exactly make for a good presentation.

Better safe than sorry. :)

If you edit the config files of course they are not dependent on other cup stuff anymore, but the license still applies.

Still you'd probably have an easier time just making a dependancy out of our mod, given the amount of changes going around.

Then what does the license have to do with your question?

Also the "banned" under your profile doesn't exactly make for a good presentation.

Better safe than sorry. :)

If you edit the config files of course they are not dependent on other cup stuff anymore, but the license still applies.

Still you'd probably have an easier time just making a dependancy out of our mod, given the amount of changes going around.

Funny thing is. I have no clue where this "Banned" came from, if I were banned I wouldn't be able to write or log in right? I've recently returned to BIS Forum just to see a massive change.

As I mentioned. Curiosity, I did think of dependencies since its easier that way.

I will have to admit, never worked on a mod that has dependency from a major mod so I just gotta get my head around this.

Modding in Arma 3 is far more confusing than what it was in arma 2 for me.

Anyway thank you for your answer.

@TheConen an Chairborne

Thanks for your answers.

@TheConen

I meant "exclusive" for "non official Arma 2 assets", because there was no CH-53E in Arma 2 ;)

Just a little thought.

FN FAL's recoil is kind of... Too small for what a punch it can give. I think the recoil of it, especially on Full Auto should be increased.

EDIT: Actually MOST of weapons need a recoil boost.

Hey ho :)

I have a Question about CUP Units.

Is it possible to make the Uniforms accessible for Players in Multiplayer ? ( Exile)

This would be good because than i dont have to add Tryk or somethink like this.

I also tryd it with @unlockuniform but that dont work. The only way i found is when the Player buy the Stuff by the Trader and get it forced on the Body.

greetings

Xatu