CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Chairborne, on 26 Oct 2015 - 14:36, said:Chairborne, on 26 Oct 2015 - 14:36, said:

This is taken from our internal dev wiki, public one needs to be updated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9vc3o7v1i09rdv/Screenshot%202015-10-26%2021.43.56.png?dl=0

On top of this there are CUP_I_RACS and CUP_O_SLA for royal sahrani army and sahrani liberation army (arma 1 factions).

PERFECT - thank you for this info!  I'm adding faction info for the A3 version of my SAM pack.  LOTS of missing things yet, but progress is being made.  Maybe by Thanksgiving we'll have real SAM's in A3 now  :)  I found the CUP weapons stuff, so items like the commander's M2 etc. should be in hand, although there is only the M240 listed on the wiki.  I assume that will be expanded sometime soon... just guessing however that I'll need to "simply" put CUP_ on the front of the weapons...?

Some compatibility problems between ACE and CUP were already reported, probably there's something more to it.

We should do some investigation but it might take a while.

PERFECT - thank you for this info!  I'm adding faction info for the A3 version of my SAM pack.  LOTS of missing things yet, but progress is being made.  Maybe by Thanksgiving we'll have real SAM's in A3 now  :)  I found the CUP weapons stuff, so items like the commander's M2 etc. should be in hand, although there is only the M240 listed on the wiki.  I assume that will be expanded sometime soon... just guessing however that I'll need to "simply" put CUP_ on the front of the weapons...?

No we have some rather specific naming conventions.

Try this (although you probably need an account):

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/w/naming_standards/

This is the feature checklist for our mods too:

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/w/common_upgrade_standards/

My suggestion, if you want to use CUP for your project, is to just join in or at least have our repo cloned, there's tons of stuff we change on the fly and never get around to update on the wiki.

First of all, thank you to everyone who's worked with this project!

All of the vehicle-mounted machineguns (PK, DShKM, M2) seem to leave a screeching/repeating sound playing while the gun is being loaded. Is this only on my end or a larger issue? (Loaded: newest CBA, new CUP mods after deleting the old folders)

Video of what it sounds like:
https://youtu.be/RiHpowHpb8s

I have a problem with the infantry.

Almost all infantry (single units and groups) gets vanilla gear except the weapon.

The ones that works are Germany KSK (Single units and Groups) and Takistan Army (Groups).

USMC should also appear correct.

The rest, as has been mentioned, are placeholder units that will be replaced with correct units as soon as they are ready.

And also Russian Federation troops with CSAT uniforms? Not my taste really. But otherwise I like the overall work you've done guys.

See my previous post. Same rules apply. Placeholder units (like russian CSAT) will be replaced as they become available

Magirot, on 26 Oct 2015 - 15:42, said:

All of the vehicle-mounted machineguns (PK, DShKM, M2) seem to leave a screeching/repeating sound playing while the gun is being loaded. Is this only on my end or a larger issue? (Loaded: newest CBA, new CUP mods after deleting the old folders)

Something is missing the "attenuationEffects" setting.  Possibly the vehicle config itself.

No we have some rather specific naming conventions.

Try this (although you probably need an account):

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/w/naming_standards/

This is the feature checklist for our mods too:

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/w/common_upgrade_standards/

My suggestion, if you want to use CUP for your project, is to just join in or at least have our repo cloned, there's tons of stuff we change on the fly and never get around to update on the wiki.

I simply haven't the time to play detective in tracking down all the names.  Real Life keeps me busy enough that I barely have the time to mod any more.  Surely there's a list somewhere that can be posted to the wiki as a reference?

The new Ural wheels are AMAZING.

Sorry not sorry for bold text, razor-sharp edges of Ural's wheels was (slightly) bugging me for literally years, each time (last time - about an hour ago in Arma 2) I saw one I've noticed how unnatural its wheels are. Well, it seems that that old truck finally got a pack of new tyres. :D Also, outstanding job with PhysX, I can really feel the weight and inertia of vehicles, even tracked ones, and the gearbox works flawlessly!

Thanks again for your outstanding work guys! :)

This soundbug is A3 related and already known at BI. They are working on it.

Can you replace the texture on the Seahawks where it says USS KAE something to the USS Nimitz? Since its the only ship for Arma 3 so far

Hold on, its incompatible with the ACE mod. The cup vehicles - ace compat file is "out of date".

• Like 1

Thanks for the C47, its a lovely plane. As an outlandish request, will we see an AC-47 Spooky variant  ;)

Thanks for the C47, its a lovely plane. As an outlandish request, will we see an AC-47 Spooky variant  ;)

Make it an opfor aircraft so we can have gunship battles between the AC130 and AC-47 

Maybe. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We thought the same thing a few days ago.

Like everything else, depends on how fast we deal with all the stuff still missing and all the bugfixing.

It desperately needs a military livery too.

• Like 2

Hold on, its incompatible with the ACE mod. The cup vehicles - ace compat file is "out of date".

As RHDent says, I make this question too... 

Will be any fix by the CUP team or just wait until ACE updates ?

OBSERVATION / BUG REPORT:

AK rifles do NOT have a last-round bolt stop.  The bolt will slide forward into an empty chamber.  In-game, the bolt stays locked in the "open" position.  Observed on AK-74, however I'm sure other AK variants will have the same behavior.

VZ/CZ-58 DOES have a bolt stop, and will behave accordingly.

As RHDent says, I make this question too... 

Will be any fix by the CUP team or just wait until ACE updates ?

Has been answered several times

VERY IMPORTANT:

Ace bug will be fixed with Hotpatch rolling out someday this week.

• Like 1

So whats the plans for the future? 

Fixing errors and releasing more content ;) Sounds good, doesn't it? ^^

Is it just me or are the Apache and Cobra unflyable?

Apache spawns a few feet in the air, Cobra torque means any throttle kills the engine.

Are you using AFM? If so, it is still broken on some helos.

• Like 1

Hi and thanks to CUP team for hard work.

i have a few questions about CUP and RHS compatibility (sorry, if it is only me, or this issues were already reported). 

1. Are CUP optics unable to use on RHS AK`s? When i try to attach it in arsenal, optics renders ill-placed. 

2. Played a bit in editor with M1A1-s. Looks like CUP Abrams is invulnerable for RHS ammo. I sucsessfully destroyed M1A1 with 1 PG-7VL round from CUP RPG-7, but it remain unharmed after several PG-7VR hits from RHS RPG-7. Also RHS tanks ammo has no effect on CUP Abrams. Btw, CUP Ka-50, using "Vikhr", failed to destroy CUP M1A1 too.

Am i correct, that now CUP has all statics and vehicles as in Reyhard`s RDS packs?

RHS is notorious for having different views on armour and damage... Its best not to mix RHS stuff whith anything else when making a mission in my experience... So only RHS vs RHS.

Hi and thanks to CUP team for hard work.

i have a few questions about CUP and RHS compatibility (sorry, if it is only me, or this issues were already reported). 

1. Are CUP optics unable to use on RHS AK`s? When i try to attach it in arsenal, optics renders ill-placed. 

2. Played a bit in editor with M1A1-s. Looks like CUP Abrams is invulnerable for RHS ammo. I sucsessfully destroyed M1A1 with 1 PG-7VL round from CUP RPG-7, but it remain unharmed after several PG-7VR hits from RHS RPG-7. Also RHS tanks ammo has no effect on CUP Abrams. Btw, CUP Ka-50, using "Vikhr", failed to destroy CUP M1A1 too.

Am i correct, that now CUP has all statics and vehicles as in Reyhard`s RDS packs?

1- It's something we want to have but it's going to take some time. The thing with AKs is that due to the different dovetail mount (instead of the rail system) every modpack does things slightly differently.

2- We haven't tested compatibility with RHS for this sort of stuff and as it was mentioned, they handle things differently from anybody else.

As for the Ka-50 not killing the Abrams, it might be some balancing issue.

Also daily reminder that:

a ) we have a public feedback tracker, we appreciate you posting about all these issues but stuff written in here tends to get lost, if you want to be sure we know about the issues you report you should write them on our public feedback tracker over here: http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/my_view_page.php

b ) we're still looking for dedicated (and possibly experienced :D ) modders to help us out. Modelers, people who know their business around configs/photoshop, etc. If you're interested drop a PM to one of us and we can talk about it.

• Like 1

loving the mod guys, however, ive been testing the RHIB boats, and they dont really seem to have any manoeuvrability to them, and take way to long to slow down, have you done this intentionally? or is it yet to be seen?