CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

1 hour ago, pcc said:

Also I noticed AI tend to fly CUP jets higher and further away than vanilla jets while circling back to attack ground targets.  Is this set in the configs?

Might be related to the simulation="aircraft" vs. simulation="aircraftX". Vanilla use aircraftX, that includes physX. Sadly, we tried to use PhysX on some of our planes and it resulted mostly in spontaneous self-combustion.

16 minutes ago, TheForst4 said:

can you open and close the rear ramp on the boxer?

No it's not possible. 

On 9/15/2020 at 11:26 AM, CUP said:

it has dual sights, you use the left ctrl+rmb hotkey (default) to switch between the two, the second one has ranging too, just like the rpg18

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh okey! Thanks a lot.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 4:52 PM, TheForst4 said:

can you open and close the rear ramp on the boxer?

I considered it, but since the external model already has some 70k tirangles, adding the interior would have brought it up to nearly 100.000 triangles, and I'm not sure the engine can handle that (well, it can, because I tried, but might slow down things on some machines substantially)

The effect will be that I will rework the interior now to be more detailed, it's been deliberately "low polygon" to be able to see it from outside, but since that is no longer on the table, the polygon budget just went up

1 hour ago, Varanon said:

...adding the interior would have brought it up to nearly 100.000 triangles, and I'm not sure the engine can handle that (well, it can, because I tried, but might slow down things on some machines substantially)
[...]

Yeah, it can handle it but Object Builder grinds to a halt. Had an incident where I accidentally imported a high poly model (roughly 120,000 triangles) and Object Builder threw a fit and started to cry. 

Certainly not worth the performance hit and the trade off for a purely aesthetic functionality probably isn't worth it other than for screenshots...

22 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

Yeah, it can handle it but Object Builder grinds to a halt. Had an incident where I accidentally imported a high poly model (roughly 120,000 triangles) and Object Builder threw a fit and started to cry. 

Certainly not worth the performance hit and the trade off for a purely aesthetic functionality probably isn't worth it other than for screenshots...

Exactly. It didn't add any gameplay value, only cost a lot of polygons. That's also why the turn out uses the LOD 0 and if you look down, you only see "blackness"

By the way, try blender with Alawrren's Blender Toolbox Addon... I do all work with that and never need to bother with Object Builder anymore