CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Question; in the A3 Controls addons there is an option to set CUP searchlight, left, right, up, down,  but cant find a CUP search light in the editor? (running all the latest CUP) is it referring to searchlights on vehicles/helicopters? or has the A2 searchlight been ported over?

1 hour ago, jgaz-uk said:

Question; in the A3 Controls addons there is an option to set CUP searchlight, left, right, up, down,  but cant find a CUP search light in the editor? (running all the latest CUP) is it referring to searchlights on vehicles/helicopters? or has the A2 searchlight been ported over?

This refers to the searchlight on some vehicles, namely the UAZ

Thanks for the awesome FAL models pushed to dev branch recently! 

• Like 1

Can anyone send me a Classnames list (especially magazines)? The Docs link on the CUP website don't appear to be working.

Hello,

Do You guys have plans to update suspension physics and geo LODs on aircraft like CH-53, MV-22 Osprey, Harrier etc? I flicked through bug tracker, but haven t found any open tickets regarding that deficiency.

Thanks and regards.   

Love the new FAL models - any chance we can get these updated to use the (slightly) better reload animation RHS mod created for the L1A1 SLR?

New toys coming soon:

On 12/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, MoPoUK said:

Can anyone send me a Classnames list (especially magazines)? The Docs link on the CUP website don't appear to be working.

There's a temporary version here: http://wiki.audiocustoms.info/index.php?title=Hauptseite

On 12/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, bolo861 said:

Hello,

Do You guys have plans to update suspension physics and geo LODs on aircraft like CH-53, MV-22 Osprey, Harrier etc? I flicked through bug tracker, but haven t found any open tickets regarding that deficiency.

Thanks and regards.   

No, besides the CH53 is a helicopter, and they dont have them. The others were left with the old simulation to allow compatibility with the LHD and its very unlikely that will change (also they work mostly fine so we put our time elsewhere).

On 12/10/2019 at 5:40 PM, colosseum said:

Love the new FAL models - any chance we can get these updated to use the (slightly) better reload animation RHS mod created for the L1A1 SLR?

Very unlikely.

• Like 12

We have no plans for a french army extension currently.😇

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

That's a shame about the FAL reload - the current one is atrocious. It would almost be better to sub it with the default arma 2 reload animation of old!

Especially disappointing as the NIArms pack includes a good FAL reload for its SA-58 OSW, but inexplicably uses the same old/bad reloads for its regular FALs. Seems we will never get a perfect FAL addon 🙂

2 hours ago, colosseum said:

That's a shame about the FAL reload - the current one is atrocious. It would almost be better to sub it with the default arma 2 reload animation of old!

Especially disappointing as the NIArms pack includes a good FAL reload for its SA-58 OSW, but inexplicably uses the same old/bad reloads for its regular FALs. Seems we will never get a perfect FAL addon 🙂

I completely disagree, CUP reload is quite good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

FAL with big buttstock? Can you do fal with big butt stock like most of them use?

On 12/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, jacobs said:

I completely disagree, CUP reload is quite good.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion on this, but the legacy FAL reload in use is not good (I first saw it used in the NIArms FAL pack back in 2015). With the higher quality stuff being put out by Toadie, RHS, and even stock Arma3... it's surprising to me this reload animation set is still in use.  It's awkward, unnecessarily slow, and seems like it was created by someone who has never actually reloaded an FAL before...

10 hours ago, colosseum said:

You are of course entitled to your own opinion on this, but the legacy FAL reload in use is not good (I first saw it used in the NIArms FAL pack back in 2015). With the higher quality stuff being put out by Toadie, RHS, and even stock Arma3... it's surprising to me this reload animation set is still in use.  It's awkward, unnecessarily slow, and seems like it was created by someone who has never actually reloaded an FAL before...

Well, the FAL actually uses the anims by Toadie
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/19/2019 at 3:06 AM, Bukain said:

FAL with big buttstock? Can you do fal with big butt stock like most of them use?

You mean fixed buttstock? We have them too, probably they're not on stable release yet, but you can check them out on our DEV version.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 12:44 AM, audiocustoms said:

Well, the FAL actually uses the anims by Toadie
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toadie's release page very clearly states the reloads were made by someone else, though I'm not sure why it makes any difference -- my points about the animation not being that great still stands.  Interestingly the SA58 OSW in the NIArms pack includes a much better reload seemingly produced by Toadie. I'm not sure why we can't just get that animation ported to the other FALs.  But I digress - clearly we're just spinning our wheels here and this isn't a priority.

http://credmo.updatedtuesdays.com/tier1/products/legacy-products/fal-rifle-pack/

Clifton Vlodhammer – Animation (main FAL animation)

On 12/23/2019 at 6:13 PM, colosseum said:

I'm not sure why we can't just get that animation ported to the other FALs. 

If you feel like it, feel free to make a better animation and send them over for inclusion.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Alwarren said:

If you feel like it, feel free to make a better animation and send them over for inclusion.

I concur, and this is the result from porting reloads from RHS and NIA:

But all good if there are no new FAL reloads in the works any time soon. Besides, anyone can do this, and they should for their preference. 

A kind hearted individual in the team decided to replace the reload anims with new ones, so we can put this discussion behind us now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CUP said:

A kind hearted individual in the team decided to replace the reload anims with new ones, so we can put this discussion behind us now.

So magically appearing/teleporting magazines in hand will be a thing of the past! 

Amen for that!

Thank you!

Great news! Looking forward to updated animations in later releases.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, Alwarren said:

OK, but this isn't really a real answer to give someone who leaves commentary on the mod -- are we not allowed (as the community) to provide feedback? Clearly the feedback I gave was actionable, as the dev team chose to make an update, so I'm not clear on why you even chose to respond with a snipe like this in the first place. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, colosseum said:

OK, but this isn't really a real answer to give someone who leaves commentary on the mod -- are we not allowed (as the community) to provide feedback? Clearly the feedback I gave was actionable, as the dev team chose to make an update, so I'm not clear on why you even chose to respond with a snipe like this in the first place. 

The reply you received was likely because many non addon makers of the community don't always understand or realise how many hours it takes to get content into game. I however do agree a better worded answer would have been better. Porting an animation is not a simple process, actually making animations for Arma3 is not very simple, especially for weapons.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colosseum said:

OK, but this isn't really a real answer to give someone who leaves commentary on the mod -- are we not allowed (as the community) to provide feedback?

Your feedback wasn't that gentle either. Perhaps you are more of pragmatic nature but it seems quite obvious what warranted that response. A pretty please here and a thank you there goes a long way and never hurt anyone. Regardless, end result is positive and perhaps this was a useful example on how to achieve it easier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colosseum said:

You are allowed feedback of course, and in fact you did when you said you don't like the reload animation. But as soon as it appears to be going towards nagging, I get slightly pissy, I'll admit that. And while I understand you do not like the current reload animation, the discussion could have ended after "very unlikely" or audiocustom's reply. Repeating the same thing does not make it more likely that it will be fixed - quite the opposite of that.
We make CUP in our spare time, and a lot of our time goes into this. So if we chalk up an item as "very unlikely", that's exactly what it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1