CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

1 hour ago, Darkhound7 said:

Loving the work!. Have come a long way since the aia days. My Apologies if this is in the wrong section but Im having an issue when I start a mission on my Dedicated box. 

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_weapons_dynamicloadout

Have all the same mods etc. ANy Ideas?

You might be using an old version of CUP Weapons, the DynamicLoadouts should be in since a while.

I apologize if it was written before, 

But the RPG 7 in CUP weapons is much better than vanilla Apex

4 hours ago, zukov said:

But the RPG 7 in CUP weapons is much better than vanilla Apex

The model of the RPG-7 was graciously donated to us by the RHS team. So it should read "The RPG in RHS is much better than vanilla APEX" :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

The model of the RPG-7 was graciously donated to us by the RHS team. So it should read "The RPG in RHS is much better than vanilla APEX" :)

Do you think they could also generously share the HK 416 with you?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alwarren said:

You might be using an old version of CUP Weapons, the DynamicLoadouts should be in since a while.

Thanx.. Ended up being outdated cba on the server. Weird it didnt throw mismatch  error. Just the cups error. Updated the version and works fine. 

• Like 1

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am very excited for what you guys come up with post-tanks dlc. :D

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Polyus said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am very excited for what you guys come up with post-tanks dlc. :D

So am I :D

• Like 5

CUPREP #0008: Breaking News!

CUP_RHS.jpg

As an important part of our community have requested it to happen, we are happy to finally be able to announce that we have come to an agreement with another long standing modding group for Arma3 :

Pending the release of BI Tanks DLC, RHS and CUP teams have agreed to merge development forces to provide the community with an unified mod!

This is not going to happen overnight, so please have some patience, but there is a lot to look ahead for. Part of this move is done in order to reduce workload on both of the teams while removing duplicated assets and finally provide a better solution for the end user.

The second and more important reason, and this is news on its own is that our DLC pitch have been accepted by Bohemia Interactive !!

What we can safely divulge at this stage is that some of the most requested content so far, such as US Striker family, LAV-25, M16A2 and SCAR families together with RU MTLB lineup and RPK variations are being made from scratch and will be available alongside a lot of other undisclosed content in this upcoming DLC.

More information regarding the DLC will be made public once Bohemia Interactive will allow us to share it with the community.

Stay tuned!

PS: We have yet to come up with a name that we are happy with for this merger, so feel free to provide suggestions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

On the topic of updates here's a quick teaser of a future lore friendly cup expansion for the AAF with more vanilla factions getting love shortly!

20180320221549_1_jpg.png

All vehicles can be edited within the Virtual Garage to create many different variants.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Delta... Just... please...

Fix the NATO Tropic Abrams' wheel textures....

48 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

Delta... Just... please...

Fix the NATO Tropic Abrams' wheel textures....

"Would you mind fixing the NATO Tropic Abrams' wheel textures? See, I made this ticket here *insert link to ticket*"

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Would you mind fixing the April Fool ? I am able to made a ticket  :don16:

CUPREP #0008: Part 2!

CUP_RHS_pnkd.jpg

As many of you have already guessed it by now... this was an april’s fools prank.

Many of you consider CUP and RHS as competitors even though that is hardly the case. What we wanted to show that it is absolutely possible that two of the biggest mods for arma, that have different goals, workflow and approaches can work together quite happily to pull a gig like this. So can others, and not just for April Fools or Arma for that matter.

Working together is what kept this creative community alive for so long, sharing information, skills, ideas and the interest into this unique game we all gravitate around.

The dedication and tenacity of the modding community is part of what makes this game so special for all of us. This goes for all the modders out there, especially the ArmA ones: Keep on going, continue to expand the armaverse, help each other out and push things to the limit. This game wouldn’t be the same without you all.

You might wonder if RHS and CUP will ever merge? We already have people who are part of both development teams, so who knows what might happen in the future, especially with a new iteration of the franchise on the horizon. For now, we’ll carry on sharing information and knowledge just like before, but each with its own development path.

Now for the good news, neither CUP or RHS have any intention to put a paywall between their creation and the community as part of a DLC.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not CUP's goal to simply port old content to Arma3, but also to bring this content up to the same level as the Arma 3 content. This includes the level of detail, textures and the support of new engine features. Since we are only a small team, we have to move bit by bit towards this goal. Good examples of this are the LAV-25, the upcoming Landrover and many more. The upcoming Tank DLC contains some really interesting features and you can be sure that is only a matter of time and manpower to adopt these new feature in our mod.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

It was cool an effort was made to have some fun with the community. Something like this should remind everyone that those involved with both CUP and RHS are gamers who love the Arma series as much as the rest of us, and show their love through creativity.

CUP content always continues to impress me and has something worthwhile with every update. Both the groups, CUP and RHS basically take Arma modding and puts it on steroids, if not simply through the sheer content.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 01/04/2018 at 1:13 PM, deltagamer said:

On the topic of updates here's a quick teaser of a future lore friendly cup expansion for the AAF with more vanilla factions getting love shortly!

[image here]

All vehicles can be edited within the Virtual Garage to create many different variants.

Looks incredible, I really like the parts where CUP stuff has been used to round out vanilla factions, so seeing more work go into that is great. The only downside is that I really dislike the inconsistency in naming, where CUP vehicles retain their ARMA 2 (often the correct) name alongside Arma 3's variants (i.e. the Kasatka next to the Orca) - Feels like they should probably be renamed for that faction to be brought in-line with the faction's naming scheme.

Other than that, awesome work and I really look forward to seeing how you flesh out the other factions with the CUP equipment! (In my dreams, I hope that you'll also flesh out factions that should exist but don't, such as the Horizon Islands Armed Forces/Defence Forces, so that we have a native INDFOR/BLUFOR for Tanoa)

• Like 2

Hello!

I have a problem with static TOW launcher from your mod - it fires too fast (2-3 seconds between rocket launches)

Anyone have such problem?Maybe it is conflict with other mod?

8 hours ago, ofp_comissar said:

Hello!

I have a problem with static TOW launcher from your mod - it fires too fast (2-3 seconds between rocket launches)

Anyone have such problem?Maybe it is conflict with other mod?

Have you tried running only CUP?

Got this error popup in a mission cutscene today, is this known to you guys? It wasn't there before (even though it's one or two months ago I last launched this mission).

y4mG4AVF4mxisgCPDUpXb9pjb9jRlatseO-a-guW

The .rpt spilled this out in that second:

21:33:11 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CUP_D_RadioProtocol_CZ_ACR/SentCovering.'.
21:33:11 Warning Message: No entry '.text'.
21:33:11 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:33:11 Warning Message: No entry '.speech'.

Some seconds later it spilled this out:

21:33:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CUP_D_RadioProtocol_CZ_ACR/SentCoverMe.'.
21:33:28 Warning Message: No entry '.text'.
21:33:28 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
21:33:28 Warning Message: No entry '.speech'.

The whole rpt is here.

• Like 1

Yep I reported this to RHS mod a few days ago, identical error, must be a common base class or resource that got changed in Arma. I can see it was reported to CUP on Monday https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T2481

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please note: We are aware of problems with CUP and the latest Tank DLC. We are currently working on a hotfix for the most pressing issues.

If you find problems with CUP that might be related to the latest Arma patch, please report them on the bug tracker (https://dev.cup-arma3.org/) and  make us aware of the ticket in our discord (tag with @member). Please restrict this to only critical bugs that need to go into the hotfix. We will not yet update features, like tank armor, top/direct attack etc. This will come in a separate update down the line.

Thank you.

• Like 7