CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Will cup update their tanks and other ground vechs to use the lazer to range and auto adjust elevation? Like how the defult arma vechs now work.

7 minutes ago, Linkn said:

Will cup update their tanks and other ground vechs to use the lazer to range and auto adjust elevation? Like how the defult arma vechs now work.

Please see the following post: 

Missed that, quick answer though, thanks!

Whats the eta of the update? Read it was on the dev build for cup atm 

Personally, I'm looking forward when (if) the CUP guys get around to converting the CUP aircraft to the new dynamic loading. Can you imagine being able to custom load their Apache? That, along with this amazing mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32755

Makes in-game aircraft loadouts real-time.

3 hours ago, Linkn said:

Whats the eta of the update?

They have had everything fixed for WEEKS and they don't want to share the update with anyone!

Or... "when it is done". 

Not sure which...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Actually, it's a bit more complicated. If it's impossible to lock on with a human gunner, then AI should also use manual guidance, unless CUP is doing something weird. AI can use manual guidance, but it used to be somewhat unreliable in my experience, not working at all on vanilla missiles. The patch didn't automatically fix RHS missiles, at the very least, so devs probably need to look into implementing the fix.

In case CUP is doing something weird, it should stop and use whatever manual guidance method Scalpel uses. Scalpel works, I can say that for certain. As long as the gunner is actually looking at the target (generally, it seems that designating a target does ensure that he is), the missile will guide.

13 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Last i checked our missiles are SACLOS too.

dragon01 is right. Since the last ArmA3 update the SACLOS missiles on the Mi-24 don't require a lock-on anymore and work as intended. The problem is solved then.

• Like 2

Ah, so there it is. If that's so, they never did require lock-on, it was just that for a long time, SACLOS has been broken for AI. That's probably why it was so hit or miss (*ba-dum-dish*). :)

• Like 2

I'd like to report what may be a bug or design oversight

I decided to make some of my standard lore-friendly loadouts with the XM8 and I discovered that the 5.56mm Mags may be a little too heavy. Here's some numbers:

Assault Pack: 14 CUP mags, 20 BIS 5.56, 17 RHS M855, 16 6.5mm NATO, 5 BIS C-mags, 6 6.5mm 100s, 3 CUP C-mags, 5 RHS 100 M855

Kitbag: 25 CUP mags, 35 BIS 5.56, 29 RHS M855, 28 6.5mm NATO, 9 BIS C-mags, 11 6.5mm 100s, 6 CUP C-mags, 10 RHS 100 M855

This isn't a big deal for most weapons since they are configured to be able to use BIS 5.56, but it is really bad for G36/XM8 users since those weapons can't take anything but CUP G36 mags. I know there is a simple solution: Use NIArms, and while that works fine for private use it may not work for servers that don't use NIArms for various reasons

Working on how to make a ticket in the CUP Phabricator, brb

Edit: I don't seem to be able to make a ticket, halp :/

• Like 1

AFAIK Vanilla A3 does not have G36 mags (and XM8 is a uglyfied G36, thus the mag incompatibility). So I think being unable to use STANAG (M16\4, Tavor, F2000 etc) 5.56 mags in a G36-derived weapon is by design

10 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

I'd like to report what may be a bug or design oversight

I decided to make some of my standard lore-friendly loadouts with the XM8 and I discovered that the 5.56mm Mags may be a little too heavy. Here's some numbers:

Assault Pack: 14 CUP mags, 20 BIS 5.56, 17 RHS M855, 16 6.5mm NATO, 5 BIS C-mags, 6 6.5mm 100s, 3 CUP C-mags, 5 RHS 100 M855

Kitbag: 25 CUP mags, 35 BIS 5.56, 29 RHS M855, 28 6.5mm NATO, 9 BIS C-mags, 11 6.5mm 100s, 6 CUP C-mags, 10 RHS 100 M855

Problem with the whole weight issue is that it's a completely arbitrary number. Weight and Volume rolled into a single number. The CUP values are mostly calculated after a forumla that was used by one of the load calculator addons, and sometimes tweaked up or down a bit, according to real-world weights (where applicable). But the whole weight/carry capacity thing in Arma isn't very transparent, so everybody comes up with different values.

This isn't a big deal for most weapons since they are configured to be able to use BIS 5.56, but it is really bad for G36/XM8 users since those weapons can't take anything but CUP G36 mags. I know there is a simple solution: Use NIArms, and while that works fine for private use it may not work for servers that don't use NIArms for various reasons

The G36 and XM8 have magazine wells that are not compatible with STANAG. They can be exchanged and fitted with an appropriate magwell in real life, but it will always be one or the other. We opted for the more common G36 magazine wells.

Working on how to make a ticket in the CUP Phabricator, brb

Edit: I don't seem to be able to make a ticket, halp :/

Just select "create task" from the star menu on top.

• Like 2

I'm not confused by anything, I already know about the magazines and magwell thing. It just seems a little strange to me that the CUP mags would come out heavier than the BIS 6.5 mags. Yeah if you're only carrying the "standard issue" 8 mags plus some other bits its not a big issue, but nobody does that thanks to it being a vidya gaem

As for the Phabricator I already know how to use it having used BIS', but for CUP my only two options are "create project", which I can't do, and "edit favorites,"

Oh, and on the uglified G36 bit, the XM8 is also lighter, simpler, and easier to change major components. As for aesthetics, one man's ugly is another man's cool, key words Suzuki Hayabusa. Whether PCAP was a good idea, well look at what we have now with M-LOK and Crapmod Keymod.

Ive noticed a new option in 3DEN under attributes called CUP static line attributes does anyone know what this is for?

13 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Ive noticed a new option in 3DEN under attributes called CUP static line attributes does anyone know what this is for?

It gives the player the option to do a static line para jump from a capable aircraft. Its really awesome, I just wish I could work out how to get the AI to use it too ><

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

I'm not confused by anything, I already know about the magazines and magwell thing. It just seems a little strange to me that the CUP mags would come out heavier than the BIS 6.5 mags.

Why? One of the points of caseless ammo is the weight. 6.5 vs 5.56 doesn't make a lot of difference (I think the 6.5 is Grendel format anyway, meaning 6.5x39) so if the BIS 6.5 mags are heavier, I would say that is a bug.

18 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Oh, and on the uglified G36 bit, the XM8 is also lighter, simpler, and easier to change major components. As for aesthetics, one man's ugly is another man's cool, key words Suzuki Hayabusa. Whether PCAP was a good idea, well look at what we have now with M-LOK and Crapmod Keymod.

I happen to like the look of the XM8 (and the G36, for the matter).

• Like 2

someone having issues with maps after arma jets dlc?
All biulding Cup if with problems. 

9 hours ago, Leviat said:

someone having issues with maps after arma jets dlc?
All biulding Cup if with problems. 

Wrong thread, you want CUP terrains.. and also some further clarity on what the issue is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cyruz said:

Wrong thread, you want CUP terrains.. and also some further clarity on what the issue is.

this topic is not for all cup mods? 

7 minutes ago, Leviat said:

this topic is not for all cup mods? 

There's a thread for CUP terrains.

• Like 1

It'd be helpful if you actually linked it

• Like 2

I went back a few pages and googled this question before asking, so apologies if I missed it being asked. Have the talented people behind CUP put converting the helos in the pack to use the new dynamic loading on the to-do list?

Having this feature, along with Grumpy's in-game script would make using the CUP Apache really dynamic.

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:

I went back a few pages and googled this question before asking, so apologies if I missed it being asked. Have the talented people behind CUP put converting the helos in the pack to use the new dynamic loading on the to-do list?

Having this feature, along with Grumpy's in-game script would make using the CUP Apache really dynamic.

Work on this is underway. No ETA yet, but we intend to add the dynamic loadout to all CUP helicopters and planes.

• Like 5

Awesome news! Thanks (as always) for the effort and hard work!

• Like 1

For the helicopters, are you making your own Hellfire missiles or would you be using Firewill's AWS?  Cuz it would be cool to select different hellfire types per rail (if possibile).  I think the only types of HF's in game were the K, dunno if there are/were plans to have others for different roles.  I ETSed in 2011, but at that time we were using F, K2, K2A, M, N and trying to use up whatever was left of the C's.  We didn't use the L's cuz we didn't have the FCR's when we were deployed...too much weight...though with the Block III/-64E drivetrain overhaul and full utilization of the 701D engines I don't think that's an issue anymore