CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

4 hours ago, bars91 said:

While we're at the topic of magazines - the AR-15 mags are not sitting deep enough in the mag well (especially noticeable with the PMAG reinforcement ribs not being nowhere near the receiver)

Is there a ticket for that?

4 hours ago, bars91 said:

EDiT: Russian Army vertical grip for AK-12 and modified AK-74M is the 6Ch64 (6Ч64) not the collapsing one that was used by some SF units as private purchase before stubby grips became the new gucchi thing.

I'll look into that.

50 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Is there a ticket for that?

I'll look into that.

Ticket: 

https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T4662

6Ch64:

https://ibb.co/F75FMGY
https://ibb.co/7JFXzc3
https://ibb.co/DtrRySL
https://ibb.co/F75FMGY
https://ibb.co/LPj9HZN
https://ibb.co/BwZQLQk
https://ibb.co/mtpGVyD
https://ibb.co/DwD0MxG
https://ibb.co/yFkvcxL

EDiT: just a small sidenote - "30rd STANAG L85 mag" could be renamed to "30rd HK steel mag" (it's the same one from the HK416s).

Thanks. Grip should be easy enough to exchange. I'll see what to do about the magazines.

• Like 1

Just to mention (at least on my system), after installing the new Oct 1.17 Terrains_Core update,  I'm getting  very annoying 'texture rendering' problems with the new re textured 'Dum_mesto2' house.  It wouldn't be a big issue at all if it wasn't such a common building, but it happens to be a 'very common' building on many Arma terrains old and new, so as this was a 'game breaker' I had to replace the the entire 'cup_terrains_ca_buildings' pbo with the previous one from version 1.16 to solve the problem. Didn't have any problems with any of the other re-textured buildings or the new added buildings in version 1.17, only the 'Dum_mesto2' house.

3 hours ago, Whirlybirds said:

Just to mention (at least on my system), after installing the new Oct 1.17 Terrains_Core update,  I'm getting  very annoying 'texture rendering' problems with the new re textured 'Dum_mesto2' house.  It wouldn't be a big issue at all if it wasn't such a common building, but it happens to be a 'very common' building on many Arma terrains old and new, so as this was a 'game breaker' I had to replace the the entire 'cup_terrains_ca_buildings' pbo with the previous one from version 1.16 to solve the problem. Didn't have any problems with any of the other re-textured buildings or the new added buildings in version 1.17, only the 'Dum_mesto2' house.

This is the wrong thread, there is an extra thread for the terrains. Also, what do you mean with "annoying texture rendering problems"?

19 hours ago, Alwarren said:

This is the wrong thread, there is an extra thread for the terrains. Also, what do you mean with "annoying texture rendering problems"?

My apologies, I didn't realize there was a thread for CUP terrains, but since you asked and since we're here already, if it's all right I thought I would try to explain more clearly this "texture rendering" problem with this new re-tex 'dum-mesto2' house, not so much 'texture pop-in' because that would imply the textures load in slowly which is not the case, the case is the textures of this building completely lose their detail at a distance of about 150m or more, becoming very 'low-poly' and it's very obvious when this happens especially if flying and 'very annoying'. It's a similar problem I've encountered  many times before using  assets from older A1 and A2 mods such as Ensk Objects 2.0 for example, certain parts of the objects in the mod will lose texture detail or even disappear at a certain distance, that's not a big issue with these editor placed objects, you simply don't use them. However, in the case of the 'dum-mesto2' house , the problem exists on probably dozens and dozens of Arma terrains with CUP Terrains Core dependency which use this house, from lets say Sahrani onwards making it a 'game-breaker'. Of course it could just be my system, but it is strange that no other CUP building seems to have this problem including the new re-tex 'dum_olezlina_open' building which appears to be identical to the 'dum-mesto2' house. I've linked two photos and hopefully they are clear enough to show you the problem. If you could look into it some time and if you discover anything like I've described, do let me know. Thanks. 

https://ibb.co/w4vSL4C

https://ibb.co/wQt4v4v

Our local terrain expert Ben has taken a look, should be fixed when Terrains update again.

Hello, first time poster here on the Bohemia forums!

My friend and I noticed that there is no way to add the ammunition for the Panzerfaust 3 (and Bunkerfaust 3) into ammunition boxes, or vehicles. The only solution we've found so far is letting our players grab the ammunition from a virtual arsenal, which has it's own share of problems (like people playing Barbie, or deleting magazines/items when the arsenal is limited/whitelisted). I've tried smacking in the rounds through the addItemCargo and addItemCargoGlobal-script commands, which does nothing. You cannot find the ammunition for the launchers in the equipment storage of any vehicle or ammobox, nor can you add it. You cannot spawn a character with Pzf 3 ammunition in his backpack, as the rounds are deleted from the backpack upon scenario initialization.
The Pzf 3 can be reloaded, and you can switch between ammo types before firing, but it's set as a disposable launcher unless if you tick off the CBA settings "Replace disposable launcher" and "drop used disposable launcher". The Pzf 3 should be able to be reloaded. Bug, or intended feature?

. Will there be a fix for this issue in the near future?

42 minutes ago, SadisticWolfoid said:

Bug, or intended feature?

It's an intended feature. The Panzerfaust cannot be reloaded, the only thing you can do (in reality) is to remove the firing device/grip and attach it to a different unit. However, the firing device is only a fraction of the weight/volume of the weapon, so there is no point in implementing this feature, as it basically boils down to carrying a second Panzerfaust along. If we would have made it reloadable, the ammo would be equally heavy as the weapon itself is now.

You should be able to load a PzF 3 (the complete launcher) into a backpack. EDIT: There seems to be a pull request for CBA that will turn ammo into launchers if they fit the backpack

In reality, you can opt to extend or retract the spike on the shot, but there is no way to model this in Arma except for scripting, which we will always avoid in CUP if possible. But there is no way to reload a Panzerfaust, it's a disposable weapon with a (small) detachable fire control unit.

Anti-Tank weapons in Arma are generally overpowered. It usually takes much longer to reload, or make ready, any kind of anti-tank weapon. Sad to say it, but Dragon Rising did that part better (and pretty much everything else worse).

I know this isn't an ideal solution. But as it is now, the PzF 3 has one of the most potent warheads in all of Arma, and making it simply reloadable, disregarding the reality of it, would make it way too powerful, especially considering AI using it - they can usually fire shot after shot with reloadable launchers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

Sad to say it, but Dragon Rising did that part better (and pretty much everything else worse).

This is a very accurate statement.

CUPDATE TIME

Update 1.17.1 released.

We're in the process of releasing a hotfix/service update to our latest CUPDATE. 1.17.1 contains a couple of fixes, most notably for the new ACE cookoff, but also a couple of new toys.

• A complete set of new AK-12 (the real one, not the prototype), AK-15 and AK-19 rifles for the Russian faction, in a variety of camos and configurations (models/textures by Alwarren)
  • A new UZI, courtesy of Gwynbleidd, both for the Rifle slot as well as the handgun slot.
  • Fixes for ACE cookoff parameters
  • Another bunch of fixes that are all detailed in the changelog.

As we speak, the Web Site has already been updated with the new files, and Workshop will follow in a couple of minutes.

Enjoy, and we wish all Arma players a Happy New Year!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CUP said:

A complete set of new AK-12 (the real one, not the prototype), AK-15 and AK-19 rifles for the Russian faction, in a variety of camos and configurations (models/textures by Alwarren)

Ah yes, we were expecting the new Kalashnikovs, very good!

Guys over the pond will also probably appreciate the 19 variant these days... *shit-eating grin emoji*

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CUP said:

CUPDATE TIME

A complete set of new AK-12 (the real one, not the prototype), AK-15 and AK-19 rifles for the Russian faction, in a variety of camos and configurations (models/textures by Alwarren)

Enjoy, and we wish all Arma players a Happy New Year!

Thank you for this holiday present! Happy New Year to the whole CUP team!

• Like 1

anyone know where to find Challenger tank mod with the original sight. Challenger in CUP and CWR3 has  the Abrams sight. 
 Mod Burnes Armories - FV4034 Challenger- has original sight, but it is no  supported any more

1 hour ago, ShaKodemon said:

anyone know where to find Challenger tank mod with the original sight. Challenger in CUP and CWR3 has  the Abrams sight. 
 Mod Burnes Armories - FV4034 Challenger- has original sight, but it is no  supported any more

This isn't exactly the place to ask a question like this.

57 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

This isn't exactly the place to ask a question like this.

sorry, my bad, only in  CUP and CWR3 mods I found this tank

Hey again, friends!

I've done a little thinking to myself, and figured that although this is a mostly useless feature, it'd be cool if you could mount the PGO-7vX optics on the AK-platforms. This was done to a wide degree in the Soviet-Afghan war in 1979-1989, where a few pictures of AK-74s with the PGO-7V-optics mounted to their side-rails are visible. It might be a little too much work to mount a RPG's optic on top of an AK-platform, however it'd be a nice feature to have. Before anyone comments, I'm aware RHS already does this.

• Like 1

Hello there,

if I may make a little suggestion, have you fine folks ever considered integrating this mod into CUP:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1816591840
It is modelled after the S-400 missile system and would immediately expand the capabilities of CUP with a long range air defence without much effort for you guys.

Thanks for considering it.

Greetings to the CUP mod developers and all the community.

I have found some bugs and described them in the following thread.

At the time of writing I did not know about this thread.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:12 AM, Waldemar 337 said:

Greetings to the CUP mod developers and all the community.

I have found some bugs and described them in the following thread.

At the time of writing I did not know about this thread.

If possible, I would post this issue on their bug tracker: https://dev.cup-arma3.org

Has anyone noticed tracked vehicles, such as the bradley, have a really hard time driving in a straight line?  They swerve around crazily much of the time.

Also, vehicle turrets seem to oscillate badly when rotating toward new target.

10 hours ago, flyingsaucerinvasion said:

Has anyone noticed tracked vehicles, such as the bradley, have a really hard time driving in a straight line?  They swerve around crazily much of the time.

Also, vehicle turrets seem to oscillate badly when rotating toward new target.

Just tried it, no such problem here. Works as intended.

Are you loading any other addons except CUP? If so, please try without. If the problem persists, make a bug report on our tracker and include detailed steps to reproduce the problem.

Thank you.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:54 AM, Alwarren said:

Just tried it, no such problem here. Works as intended.

Are you loading any other addons except CUP? If so, please try without. If the problem persists, make a bug report on our tracker and include detailed steps to reproduce the problem.

Thank you.

The only mods I have installed except for CUP are some terrains, jsrs, and one tiny mod I made which changes some values in cfgAiSkills.  Increasing "aimingspeed" to values > 1 in cfgaiskills could be the culprit for oscillating turrets.  However, I still see bradleys driving like drunks, I think when they've got dismounted infantry in their squad. 

As long as I'm here, I'll point out that the LOD scaling for some vests is very poor quality:

MZgiRvi.png

Some vests disappear entirely at distances around ~30 meters

16 minutes ago, flyingsaucerinvasion said:

The only mods I have installed except for CUP are some terrains, jsrs, and one tiny mod I made which changes some values in cfgAiSkills.  Increasing "aimingspeed" to values > 1 in cfgaiskills could be the culprit for oscillating turrets.  However, I still see bradleys driving like drunks, I think when they've got dismounted infantry in their squad. 

As I said, try without any mods except CUP and if the problem persists give me some steps to reproduce it. I have tried it here several times, and I cannot reproduce it.