CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

My apologies if its already been mentioned but i have discovered an incompatibility between CUP weapons and explosives in the SOG and CLSA DLC's. With CUP weapons loaded it's no longer possible to use the breaching charge in SOG or the grenade on a stick on CLSA. I hope this info might be of some use, thanks for the awesome mods.

thats news to us, are you sure you're not loading some other mod like ACE3 that would affect that?

On 6/24/2021 at 8:43 AM, Chairborne said:

thats news to us, are you sure you're not loading some other mod like ACE3 that would affect that?

Thanks for the reply Chairborne. When I noticed the issue I started testing each mod I normally use individually until I narrowed it down.

CUP Weapons requires CBA however I have tested CBA on its own and the issue isn't present. Loading CUP weapons on its own (ignoring the CBA dependancy and the resultant error messages) still produces the problem. For a quick test for SOG drop down Men (MACV-SOG) --> Demolitions and for CSLA drop down Men (Special Forces) --> Saboteur. 

I have also reported it to the SOG and CSLA teams. I hope this info is of some use, as always thanks for the awesome mod.

On 6/22/2021 at 10:42 PM, Mack. said:

My apologies if its already been mentioned but i have discovered an incompatibility between CUP weapons and explosives in the SOG and CLSA DLC's. With CUP weapons loaded it's no longer possible to use the breaching charge in SOG or the grenade on a stick on CLSA. I hope this info might be of some use, thanks for the awesome mods.

Update on the above, with the latest CSLA patch the grenade on a stick trap is working with CUP.

4 hours ago, Damian90 said:

@Chairborne

It seems there is problem in CUP dev, M60 tanks do not have coax mg ammo.

Hm, I thought that was fixed already... I'll check.

Edit: You are right. Tank had the right ammo but the wrong coax gun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Hm, I thought that was fixed already... I'll check.

Edit: You are right. Tank had the right ammo but the wrong coax gun.

By the way, you should change M1A2C to M1A2SEPv3. This is because M1A2C was just a proposal of some politician from US defence commitee. US Army rejected this new designation system because it was too similar to export variants designation system like M1A2S or M1A2K.

All official documents designate new Abrams variant as M1A2SEPv3, also official manuals designate it as M1A2SEPv3 and not M1A2C.

HrjtYB3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Damian90 said:

All official documents designate new Abrams variant as M1A2SEPv3, also official manuals designate it as M1A2SEPv3 and not M1A2C.

I'll change it, thanks. I was under the impression that the C moniker was officially adopted, but then, it's the internet, and official documents are much more.. official 🙂

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 10:50 AM, Alwarren said:

I'll change it, thanks. I was under the impression that the C moniker was officially adopted, but then, it's the internet, and official documents are much more.. official 🙂

Thanks. 🙂

Yeah, funny enough I even have somewhere a photo of a soldier with official manual titled "M1A2SEPv3". Pity I can't find this photo.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:50 AM, Alwarren said:

If it's on the true, it's internet...

• Haha 1

@Alwarren

1. There seems to be bug with new M113 APC class in editor, in Dev branch.

2. Side note, M1A2SEPv3, should be written without space, so instead M1A2 SEPv3, it should be M1A2SEPv3 which is consistent with US Army naming convention. However even in official documents it's sometimes written with space. Sorry for being nitpicky. 😉

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

... it should be M1A2SEPv3 which is consistent with US Army naming convention...

It (and standardizing other vic / uniform naming) would benefit Zeus / mission editors as units would be placed in more logical order in the menus.

New HMMWVs are a perfect example - correct naming + onboard weapon and old model hidden for compatibility = win / win

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

@Alwarren

1. There seems to be bug with new M113 APC class in editor, in Dev branch.

What's the problem?

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

2. Side note, M1A2SEPv3, should be written without space, so instead M1A2 SEPv3, it should be M1A2SEPv3 which is consistent with US Army naming convention. However even in official documents it's sometimes written with space. Sorry for being nitpicky. 😉

Yeah, I guess I have written all others without the space, so for consistency alone it should be changed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

What's the problem?

The new M113's are in the new, how to name it? Cathegory in the editor, which is not named and this cause some sort of error? New M113's are not in APC's cathegory.

The new M113's are in the new, how to name it? Cathegory in the editor, which is not named and this cause some sort of error? New M113's are not in APC's cathegory.

Ah damn, right... I forgot to check in the changes to the baseconfigs.

• Like 1

@Alwarren

It's DEV version of course.

Yeah, idiot me forgot to check in some changes to VehicleCore. Should be fixed tonight after the daily update.

• Like 2

Hey CUP Team

Just a shout out to the ongoing work you guys do for us. In paticular, your Chernarus conversion is really good.

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to be the bearer of a bug! The BAF Mastiff HMG has a little bug where the gunner floats a few feet above the turret in first person mode. The ACOG on top still works so the .50 cal is still usable and from third person it still looks fine, just a perspective thing. 

• Like 1

Hi Cup Team
I've noticed recently that there are plans to implement separate 3D and 2D scopes for ACOGs and such, like the G36's scope?
It seems like a waste of a great 3D scope to keep it hidden.

CUPDATE release candidate 1.17 #1.
The Community Upgrade Project is happy to announce our first release candidate for the new update. In order to download, subscribe to the dev branch on Steam. Until release, the dev branch will only see bugfixes.
Report all your findings to our bug tracker at dev.cup-arma3.org.

• Like 11

Hey guys...I have got one question about the Chernarus 2020. It really seems that itw would be as same as the Chernarus map is in the DayZ, so will the Chernarus main airfield look the same way? I mean as the proper airfield without those wrecks, garbage etc.?

mn856h3d61r41.jpg

AFAIR there are next to no changes on Chernarus 2020's NW Airfield compared to the original Chernarus.

• Like 1

CUPREP #0015

“Time, Dr. Freeman? Is it really that… time… again?”

Greetings everyone!
After a bit more than a year, we today have a new CUPDATE for you. And we think that it was worth the wait.

So what is new? Glad you asked. For one thing, a metric excremental ton of US vehicles have been upgraded with new models, most notably the Abrams, classic HMMWVs and the M113’s. For the M113’s there are seven new models, both A1 and A3 variants of the base APC, MEV vehicle and HQ variant, plus the venerable M163 that goes “brrrrrrrrrt”. 

On the HMMWV side, we have the new M1025 (with a variety of weapons mounted), M1025 SOV, M1036, M1037 Shelter Carrier, M1038 in various configurations and two new Ambulances (2 and 4 patients).

On the M1 Abrams side, there are new models for the M1A1SA, M1A1FEP, M1A2SEPv1 and M1A2SEPv3, plus the RACS export variant, the MBT Orlando. All of these come with camo nets, configuration options for deployment gear, TUSK versions, and fully modelled interiors. Like all other new US vehicles, they come in a wide variety of factions, camos and configs.

Other new stuff includes the Bell 412 and HC3 from Take On helicopter in a number of liveries and with different interiors, including the Grand Business variant - finally travel in style as a VIP. There is also a new Cessna 172, a new Pickup truck, and a couple of new liveries for older vehicles. The Cessna and M113’s are a gracious donation from the CWR3 team.

We have also extended the functionality of some of the existing vehicles, for example, the Leopard 2 and GTK Boxer now have camo nets too. Also, a new loadout system for tank ammunition lets you configure the loadout of a number of tanks with real-life ammunition, allowing any combination of different shells from APFSDS to HE and even Canister ammo. Some APC’s like the Bradley can now select the type of ammo in their primary and secondary ammo bin.

On the side of things that go “pew-pew”, new ammo types have been added for tank shells, autocannons, new weapons like the slamfire shotgun (for your VERY special operators needs), a new model for the L129, a new long-range pew-pew (the M2010), new variants of existing guns (most notably the G36 and the Sa vz. 58), new ballistic shields with various guns to escalate those police encounters, new attachments, new russian NVGs… you notice, I get carried away…

On to Units. On the civilian side, we have new tracksuits, new VKPO uniforms, a new Smersh vest with various camo and not-so-camo patterns, a new air medic unit to go with the new rescue chopper, and a number of new vest camo types. 

And on top of all of the above, another metric excrement ton of bug fixes, tweaks and corrections. As usual, find the changelogs and downloads on our homepage under the Download section

Finally, we would like to thank all of you that have donated to our PayPal for your generosity.It’s great to feel our work is being appreciated. Thank you!

Here's a couple of Screenshots for your enjoyment https://imgur.com/a/jMv1BYy

Bottom line, we hope you like the new update, and we hope that the next update will not take as long again. 

That’s it for today. This is the CUP team, have a great day!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 10