CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

@CUP@Chairborne@Alwarren

Just tested new Abrams tanks on dev branch. Great work!

Few observations. TUSK parts on tanks seems to be not "welded" to the turret, here I mean these wires connecting additional M2 MG over the main gun. Also M2 MG over the gun on RACS version, have some problems with muzzle flash being continously visible and levitating in air.

Otherwise it seems to work ok.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, Damian90 said:

@CUP@Chairborne@Alwarren

Just tested new Abrams tanks on dev branch. Great work!

Thanks!

Few observations. TUSK parts on tanks seems to be not "welded" to the turret, here I mean these wires connecting additional M2 MG over the main gun.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. 

Also M2 MG over the gun on RACS version, have some problems with muzzle flash being continously visible and levitating in air.

WTF, you're right... it only appears when you play it in game, placing it in the editor works fine... That's... weird....

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll fix those ASAP.

• Thanks 1

@Alwarren

Not quite sure what you mean by that. 

Place and Abrams with TUSK kit, start rotating turret and observe TUSK elements on top of the turret, mainly these wires connecting to the M2 MG over the gun mantlet. Ok, screenshot might help.

7wt8piY.jpg

kyd2gOT.jpg

I meant these wires.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

@Alwarren

I meant these wires.

Argh, probably missing the main_turret selection. Thanks for the heads-up, dunno why I didn't notice it 😐

38 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Argh, probably missing the main_turret selection. Thanks for the heads-up, dunno why I didn't notice it 😐

All variants with TUSK kit have the same problem.

38 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

All variants with TUSK kit have the same problem.

Yeah, they are all made from the same master model. I have added functionality to the toolbox were you can export different configuration of the model from the same source. Means you only have to correct a mistake once, but also means that you do duplicate mistakes to all variants 🙂

• Like 2

Kind of details showing how tremendous work modding is. May the force be with you.     :don14:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now that's how you do vic's!

The new CUP Abrams is a prime example of why one ought to include at least a rudimentary 3D int. (which this is way beyond btw).

Really all I can "gripe" about are aesthetic "good to have's":

-coax 240 belt not being animated

-no camera shake feedback from shooting the 120mm

-TC's M2 barrel shroud recoiling with the barrel

This will be some good "fps view only" CO-OP materiel )

Hi!

How am I supposed to use timed satchel charge "CUP_TimeBomb_M"? I don't get any user action after I set the charge. Does it explode after fixed time, if so, how much time is it?

THX

On 5/15/2021 at 9:58 AM, Hans(z) said:

Hi!

How am I supposed to use timed satchel charge "CUP_TimeBomb_M"? I don't get any user action after I set the charge. Does it explode after fixed time, if so, how much time is it?

THX

are you using ACE mod? if so you need the compatibility files too and use their method, otherwise its the same old useraction method

On 5/14/2021 at 8:15 PM, bars91 said:

-coax 240 belt not being animated

-no camera shake feedback from shooting the 120mm

-TC's M2 barrel shroud recoiling with the barrel

I'll look into the bottom two.

As for animating the coax, there is simply not enough bones left. The RV Engine has a limit of (I think, since it would be an 8 bit number) 256 bones per model. The Abrams, as it is now, has 248. I already had to drop a couple of animations (for example, the CS/AMM M2 doesn't animate at all) in order to get it into the limit. Animating a belt feed usually takes a lot of bones. I even had to remove the Tank inheritence from model.cfg since it added some default animations were the bone limit was breached... So there is little chance this will get fixed, sadly.

• Like 4

@Alwarren

One more thing. M1 Abrams gun elevation angles should be -10 and +20 degrees.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chairborne said:

are you using ACE mod? if so you need the compatibility files too and use their method, otherwise its the same old useraction method

Only CUP+dependency

5 hours ago, Alwarren said:

...simply not enough bones left. The RV Engine has a limit of (I think, since it would be an 8 bit number) 256 bones per model...

"Ouch! That is seriously weak,  dude  RV."

On 5/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, Damian90 said:

@Alwarren

It seems that bug with RACS Abrams is still present.

yeah I forgot to check in model.cfg *facepalm*

G'day CUP Devs,

I know that @deltagamer was working on updates of the Wasp LHD and San Antonio LPD sometime ago. Since his departure from the CUP team, has anyone picked up where he left off?

Also, have you considered approaching the creator of the USS Iowa and bringing it into the CUP stable of Naval Vessels? It would make a great fire support system if the guns were configured to use the vanilla artillery computer.

Keep up the great work. 

CUP Team- I'm hoping to create some faction mods using your content, and I was wondering if you guys would be cool with that. I'm pretty sure it's kosher just from the amount of mods that use your stuff, but it's always best to make sure!

On 5/27/2021 at 6:21 AM, wansec_6 said:

G'day CUP Devs,

I know that @deltagamer was working on updates of the Wasp LHD and San Antonio LPD sometime ago. Since his departure from the CUP team, has anyone picked up where he left off?

Also, have you considered approaching the creator of the USS Iowa and bringing it into the CUP stable of Naval Vessels? It would make a great fire support system if the guns were configured to use the vanilla artillery computer.

Keep up the great work. 

no, we only cleaned up some of the scripts that didnt work very well, and no we havent considered adding any more ships.

13 hours ago, osterizer8 said:

CUP Team- I'm hoping to create some faction mods using your content, and I was wondering if you guys would be cool with that. I'm pretty sure it's kosher just from the amount of mods that use your stuff, but it's always best to make sure!

yes, as long as you dont rip and repackage our content, but rather use CUP as a dependency

On 5/27/2021 at 6:21 AM, wansec_6 said:

G'day CUP Devs,

Keep up the great work. 

Delta has posted a lot of source file in Steam workshop

2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

yes, as long as you dont rip and repackage our content, but rather use CUP as a dependency

Thanks, that's my plan! They're just going to be ORBAT mods.

Abrams with interiors is amazing, have you plan to make tanks T-series on the same level?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShaKodemon said:

Abrams with interiors is amazing, have you plan to make tanks T-series on the same level?

There is a good chance for a remake of the T-72 at that level, yes. T-90, I don't know yet.

• Like 8