CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 9/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, Chairborne said:

it can probably be disabled, usually we use randomization scripts from BI usually so it can probably be turned off.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:32 AM, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

revert to default CUP gear after launching the mission

Excuse my ignorance here, but I was under impression that setting loadout in Virtual Arsenal in Eden should disable BIS randomization stuff? Is it not what's happening in Arma in general?

2 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

setting loadout in Virtual Arsenal in Eden should disable BIS randomization stuff? Is it not what's happening in Arma in general?

Yes. I didn't notice any problem with that. Potential homemade script issue.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, Chairborne said:

are you using GM too? that's a known GM issue

Yes GM was loaded, I'll try it without. Only get that error with the CUP C130 & Dakota C47 aircraft.

Thanks for your answer..

7 hours ago, Chairborne said:

New toys:

Available soon in DEV CUP?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrMasMola said:

Available soon in DEV CUP?

probably next friday or the one after that

• Like 3

AI uses tow missiles against flying aircraft and can lock on, is that intended?

Btr90 cannon muzzle flash is at the barrel instead of the tip. 

what are the commands for lowering the ramps of the landing crafts? have been looking around but cant find a list of the commands...

specifically im looking for the commands for the LCU Mk10 and LCU-1610

LCU-1610
Front ramp down:
this animate ["ramp_front",1]; this animate ["ramp_front_hook",1]; this animate ["ramp_front_wheels",1]; this animate ["led_ramp_front_off",0];

Rear ramp down:
this animate ["ramp_rear",1]; this animate ["led_ramp_rear_off",0];

Mk 10
Front ramp down:
this animate ["FrontRamp",1]; this animate ["FrontRampRubber",-0.7];

Rear ramp down:
this animate ["rearRamp",1];

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, W0lle said:

LCU-1610
Front ramp down:
this animate ["ramp_front",1]; this animate ["ramp_front_hook",1]; this animate ["ramp_front_wheels",1]; this animate ["led_ramp_front_off",0];

Rear ramp down:
this animate ["ramp_rear",1]; this animate ["led_ramp_rear_off",0];

Mk 10
Front ramp down:
this animate ["FrontRamp",1]; this animate ["FrontRampRubber",-0.7];

Rear ramp down:
this animate ["rearRamp",1];

perfect, thank you.
though the Mk 10 doesnt work...  getting a error..

"error missing ]"

Edited by Andreas_Forkbeard

May I suggest some improvement over existing ramp opening mechanizm in the LCU/LCAC vessels? I took it from my own iterration of Burne's Mk.10. More incremental opening allows for adjustments whenever they are needed - steep shoreline, quey, ship ramp, etc. Default shortcuts, ie. gun elevation down/up are usually not needed in driver position, they're quite intuitive and simple in use. Obviously, in this example below you have animationSource instead of several animations you use to open ramp of, for example, LCU1610. So, some adjustments are required. This method is quite old, currently people use CBA bindings but hey, it's just something to start with.

class front_ramp_down
			{
				displayName 		= "lower front ramp";
				displayNameDefault 	= "lower front ramp";
				position		= "driver_action"; //mem point close to driver proxy
				radius			= 2.5;
				shortcut 		= "gunElevDown"; //default: PgDn key
				condition		= "this animationSourcePhase ""FrontRamp_source"" < 1";
				statement		= "this animateSource [""FrontRamp_source"",((this animationSourcePhase ""FrontRamp_source"")+0.05)];";
			};	
			class front_ramp_up
			{
				displayName 		 = "raise front ramp";
				displayNameDefault 	 = "raise front ramp";
				position		= "driver_action";
				radius			= 2.5;
				shortcut 		= "gunElevUp"; //default: PgUp key
				condition		= "this animationSourcePhase ""FrontRamp_source"" > 0";
				statement		= "this animateSource [""FrontRamp_source"",((this animationSourcePhase ""FrontRamp_source"")-0.05)];";
			};

ramp anim is just there for visuals, you're not really supposed to use it cause driving vehicles on it will cause havoc on physx, if you want it set to a specific height it can be scripted, but i dont think it's smart to require you to hit a button 20 times to get an animation to play fully

The solution is not invented to fully open the ramp, you missed the point, Chairnborne. It is to adjust the ramp angle to fit with whatever the vessel was supposed to be moored to, with such small incremental steps for better adjustment. The fully opened ramp very often looks dumb as it usually moves the vessel's bow up so the boat is partially in the air. Some skilled SQF guy would easily transfer the solution to smooth way of opening ramp, with animation played only while a key is kept pressed. After all, you can leave the old system regardless the new, incremental opening and let people decide which one they want to use in specific circumstances - whether they need old scroll menu with 100% close/open or the new, incremental one under PgUp/PgDn right?
BTW, what do you mean "havoc" on physx regarding LCU + vehicles? Wierd phsyx interactions during MP tests? I am asking, beacuse I had only one case of my Mk10 capsized on the highest sea state due to heavy loadout shift, no ViV, pure phsyx involved. Sure, vehs were moving a bit during transportation, but get no damage. But that was during SP tests a couple of years ago, so no idea how it would end up in MP tests these days.

does anyone know the command to unload all cargo for the lcu1610?  I am trying to have the ai beach up on the shore line and then let the cargo vehicles out. If I use the waypoint "vehicle get out" the lcu coasts up on top of the unloaded vehicles and creates mayhem. 

On 1/18/2021 at 7:20 PM, NightIntruder said:

The solution is not invented to fully open the ramp, you missed the point, Chairnborne. It is to adjust the ramp angle to fit with whatever the vessel was supposed to be moored to, with such small incremental steps for better adjustment. The fully opened ramp very often looks dumb as it usually moves the vessel's bow up so the boat is partially in the air. Some skilled SQF guy would easily transfer the solution to smooth way of opening ramp, with animation played only while a key is kept pressed. After all, you can leave the old system regardless the new, incremental opening and let people decide which one they want to use in specific circumstances - whether they need old scroll menu with 100% close/open or the new, incremental one under PgUp/PgDn right?
BTW, what do you mean "havoc" on physx regarding LCU + vehicles? Wierd phsyx interactions during MP tests? I am asking, beacuse I had only one case of my Mk10 capsized on the highest sea state due to heavy loadout shift, no ViV, pure phsyx involved. Sure, vehs were moving a bit during transportation, but get no damage. But that was during SP tests a couple of years ago, so no idea how it would end up in MP tests these days.

I understood your point the first time, and i'm telling you why i consider it a waste of time for a convoluted solution that adds really nothing valuable to the game. If you dislike it feel free to write your own overhaul mod so it works in a way that better suits your needs.

By havoc i mean things exploding, ragdolling, being shot in the sky at impossible speeds and other weird stuff you're really not meant to do cause the engine doesn't support it.

I wouldn't trust the success of an arma session on transporting assets by driving them on an LCU and risk physx bugging out potentially wasting an evening of fun with my friends when a properly working in-engine solution is provided.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:56 PM, oneisdown said:

does anyone know the command to unload all cargo for the lcu1610?  I am trying to have the ai beach up on the shore line and then let the cargo vehicles out. If I use the waypoint "vehicle get out" the lcu coasts up on top of the unloaded vehicles and creates mayhem. 

You have to slow it down and make sure its stopped before issuing the command. It takes a bit of fiddling but it can be made to work, the AI needs a lot of handholding.

• Like 1

When reloading the CZ shotgun, the ammo type can get reset from what was last selected / fired. Could that be fixed in future cupdates?

We're currently mostly playing missions like Dynamic Recon Ops and TRGM2, where you can mix and match factions, so I was wondering: how well does it work to set up CUP factions against, say, RHS factions or factions from Project OPFOR? Are there things to keep in mind that don't work particularly well?

20 hours ago, thirith said:

We're currently mostly playing missions like Dynamic Recon Ops and TRGM2, where you can mix and match factions, so I was wondering: how well does it work to set up CUP factions against, say, RHS factions or factions from Project OPFOR? Are there things to keep in mind that don't work particularly well?

RHS follows its own balance compared to CUP, especially when it comes to AI. Here's a topic on it. Damage, armour, and accuracy values may differ significantly. I'd recommend going either fully with CUP or fully with RHS, and not mix them.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's what I thought I'd previously read somewhere. I'll stick to that rule of thumb. Any idea what the situation's like with respect to Project OPFOR?

Project OPFOR requires RHS, so it's safe to assume their values are based on RHS. If you're looking for PrOPFOR equivalent in CUP realm, then CFP (Community Factions Project) is the way to go.

• Like 2

@Chairborne, even though I'm blocking twitter and can't see much beyond first sentence of plain text, knowing it's from you, there is no doubt in my mind that it is going to be brilliant. 😎

• Thanks 1

Haha thanks, but its Alwarren and Varanon behind these masterpieces!

• Like 3

Well, same goes for them as well, you're all pretty awesome in my book!

• Like 1

Indeed, those new toys are an absolute joy! Many thanks to the whole team! Also many thanks for adding them in "vanilla" flavour. 🙂