CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

No and it is against forum rules to ask.  Rest assured, it will be done WHEN IT IS DONE.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:14 AM, Alwarren said:

About Water levels, remember that previous Arma titles had tides. Arma 3 doesn't.

Aren't tides simply disabled on official terrains?

17 hours ago, danil-ch said:

Aren't tides simply disabled on official terrains?

I don't think they work at all, but I might be wrong. I certainly don't think they are enabled on CUP Terrains.

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I don't think they work at all, but I might be wrong. I certainly don't think they are enabled on CUP Terrains.

I think they do work, some maps do use them in limited amounts. I think most maps just don't use them.

They were enabled around 2017.  It is unclear from this discussion topic whether they remain enabled:

You can edit maxtides in CfgWorlds of your mission to adjust the tides:

Now back to the CUP discussion on the CUP discussion topic!

• Like 1

@CUP

Ok, the M1 model looks promising. It looks like USMC M1A1HC. Can't tell much more, but I would adjust geometry and positioning of the M257 smoke granade dischargers, they should face more towards the front.

18922593_1420034731376445_23332581271776

Photo presents the difference between USMC M257 smoke granade dischargers (top) and US Army M250 smoke grenade dischargers (below).

I would also work on muzzle of the M256 120mm main gun. Muzzle should be a bit longer and smaller than barrel thermal shroud.

But other than that, it really looks promising.

23 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Ok, the M1 model looks promising. It looks like USMC M1A1HC. Can't tell much more, but I would adjust geometry and positioning of the M257 smoke granade dischargers, they should face more towards the front.

Yeah good point. I turned them 90 degrees, but that is really way too far. I have turned them more forward now.

The model has more or less the M1A1HC, indeed. I have a couple of extra parts that can be toggled on and off (the TUSK kit for example), this is basically the master model which all variants can be made of (the commander hatch is separate and can be exchanged for the substantially different M1A2 hatch.

Photo presents the difference between USMC M257 smoke granade dischargers (top) and US Army M250 smoke grenade dischargers (below).

Yeah I have made a US Army smoke launcher as well, just switched off in the picture.

I would also work on muzzle of the M256 120mm main gun. Muzzle should be a bit longer and smaller than barrel thermal shroud.

Hm, you are right. I made the barrel after a blueprint I found, but if I compare it with photos they all have a much longer muzzle. I'll correct that.

But other than that, it really looks promising.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Yeah good point. I turned them 90 degrees, but that is really way too far. I have turned them more forward now.

The model has more or less the M1A1HC, indeed. I have a couple of extra parts that can be toggled on and off (the TUSK kit for example), this is basically the master model which all variants can be made of (the commander hatch is separate and can be exchanged for the substantially different M1A2 hatch. 

If I may suggest something. Loaders MG shield should also be separate as well as EAPU on turret rear transport basket. Also rear left hull sponson should have a separate fuel injection cover and it's entire upper part, because M1A2SEP variants do not have fuel tank there but either UAAPU or Hawker Battery Pack.

There are probably a few other minor parts but I would need to see more of the model to make suggestions. If you want to just PM me. 🙂

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

If I may suggest something. Loaders MG shield should also be separate as well as EAPU on turret rear transport basket.

They are. I know some variants don't have the shields, and the M1A2 hasn't got the EAPU but some cooling system for the internal electronics.

Also rear left hull sponson should have a separate fuel injection cover and it's entire upper part, because M1A2SEP variants do not have fuel tank there but either UAAPU or Hawker Battery Pack.

Now that you mention it... I saw a picture of the rear deck of the Abrams with a hatch for the APU/Battery pack in the rear.

There are probably a few other minor parts but I would need to see more of the model to make suggestions. If you want to just PM me. 🙂

I'll get back to you on that. Thank you 🙂

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

They are. I know some variants don't have the shields, and the M1A2 hasn't got the EAPU but some cooling system for the internal electronics. 

To be more precise, a baseline M1A2 have EAPU on turret rear. However M1A2SEPv1/v2/v3/v4 in place of EAPU have VCSU (Vapor Compression System Unit) which is part of crew air conditioning and electronics cooling system.

Now that you mention it... I saw a picture of the rear deck of the Abrams with a hatch for the APU/Battery pack in the rear.

It depends if there is UAAPU or Hawker Battery Pack. UAAPU besides access hatch have also UAAPU exhaust.

m1a2_details_047_of_125.jpg

Here you can see exhaust cover for UAAPU next to left rear light.

m1a2_details_068_of_125.jpg

M1A2SEP with Hawker Battery Pack does not have exhaust and exhaust cover.

In general M1A2SEPv1's had UAAPU and M1A2SEPv2's have Hawker Battery Pack, but it's not an absolute rule, it depends on production series from which a specyfic vehicle comes from.

m1a2sepv2_118.jpg

By the way, M1A1SA's, M1A1FEP's and M1A2SEP's have also these two boxes, smaller one is for rear slave receptacle, larger box is for tank-infantry phone. Also notice rear right light also have rear driver camera.

IMG_0018.jpg

I'll get back to you on that. Thank you 🙂

Glad to be helpfull. 🙂

• Like 1

My plan is to make four variants of the M1 for the US Army (M1A1SA with and without TUSK, M1A2 SEP v1 with and without TUSK) and two for the USMC (M1A1FEP with or without TUSK). I know that most of the USMC tanks didn't have the TUSK side EPA but I'll make one anyway 🙂

This is the rear of the tank (with the damaged-stage SLAT of the TUSK kit)

l4UuDDW.png

Details on the lights will probably be normal map only.

Some features will be configurable in the VhC, like the bustle rack extension usually found on the FEP., the DUKE antennas, etc.

I doubt I will ever get it 100 percent accurate, but then, most people will probably not notice 🙂

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, ShaKodemon said:

this model will be without interiors ?

If I have the time I will make an interior for this, but it depends on a number of factors.

• Like 2

If I have the time I will make an interior for this, but it depends on a number of factors.

Maybe instead of going with full interior simple ones would be time saving? GM devs did nice work with their interiors, they are not that immersive, and you are actually sitting in black box with periscope, but it's far better than static 2D image, and saves a lot of time compared to full interior

Some of the NAPA units like sniper, AKM, etc are missing name tags. 

8 hours ago, mihal190 said:

Maybe instead of going with full interior simple ones would be time saving? GM devs did nice work with their interiors, they are not that immersive, and you are actually sitting in black box with periscope, but it's far better than static 2D image, and saves a lot of time compared to full interior

TBH, I will either make a "real" interior on the level like the vanilla vehicles, or not at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Anzac Class Frigate Deck Broken.

Well all I have to say is that when your on the Helicopter Deck of the ship, You fall through. I Doubt it'll ever get fixed because it's been like that for years and yeah.

19 hours ago, Alwarren said:

My plan is to make four variants of the M1 for the US Army (M1A1SA with and without TUSK, M1A2 SEP v1 with and without TUSK) and two for the USMC (M1A1FEP with or without TUSK). I know that most of the USMC tanks didn't have the TUSK side EPA but I'll make one anyway 🙂

This is the rear of the tank (with the damaged-stage SLAT of the TUSK kit)

Details on the lights will probably be normal map only.

Some features will be configurable in the VhC, like the bustle rack extension usually found on the FEP., the DUKE antennas, etc.

I doubt I will ever get it 100 percent accurate, but then, most people will probably not notice 🙂

Looks good!

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14

5 hours ago, TitleMax said:

Well all I have to say is that when your on the Helicopter Deck of the ship, You fall through. I Doubt it'll ever get fixed because it's been like that for years and yeah.

it wont, engine cant handle it, not worth spending time on it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TitleMax said:

Haven't tried this myself, but you could "patch" that spot with the invisible wall object from the editor?