CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

If it helps, the normal rifle grenades use blanks, so that magazine question could be addressed by forcing all rifle grenades to use special blanks.  In RL there is a different kind of rifle grenade that uses a bullet trap, and relies on standard ammo.  THAT kind of rifle grenade could be ignored for this discussion.  Just make them all use the blank-firing magazines for consistency in the config.  I can't see why this wouldn't work.  Since the magazines are configured in the the muzzle config, if you tried to "break" it by switching muzzles, you'd come up with an empty magazine for that muzzle, right?  So the player would be forced to reload that mag regardless.

Can I reiterate that please, if you want to make requests, there is a thread on the forum for that already:

We will ignore any and all requests posted here, especially broad-stroke requests like "Please add XX Army" or anything like that. Same holds true for buildings, vehicles, maps, well, you get the point.

Actually, there is a good chance you don't get the point, because we're getting pretty tired of re-iterating this again and again. So here it is again, with a bit more obvious font:

WE DO NOT ACCESS SUGGESTIONS.
Thank you

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When i try to start a server with a CUP map I get the error bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Takistan

How can i fix this?

On 4/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, D. Simpson said:

When i try to start a server with a CUP map I get the error bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.Takistan

How can i fix this?

Check you have core and maps loaded.

If you have, verify your game files, it probably gotten corrupted during download/update.

2 hours ago, Jono the Cutest said:

Something's wrong with CUP BDUs.

I think that's what the hotfix is about. Something in the latest update broke things.....

3 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

I think that's what the hotfix is about. Something in the latest update broke things.....

Ah, roger that. I tried "repair mod" and enabled only CUPs but that happened.

10 hours ago, Jono the Cutest said:

Something's wrong with CUP BDUs.

Hide contents

sKfHnYA.jpg

I also get this

Any idea what broke / what will need to be patched?

At first I thought it was another mod that had broken it so I unloaded everything else and when it persisted I tried repairing and then was trying to think of what could have happened... so I'm curious if it's the model or the rvmat or something else that will have to be updated.

CUP Units hotfix was released last night, you can find it in the usual places.

The character uniforms broke really bad so we had to do it, however it was known for some time before the patch was even out, we just didnt know when it would release.

The issue was caused by faulty selections in shadowvolume LOD.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

The character uniforms broke really bad so we had to do it, however it was known for some time before the patch was even out, we just didnt know when it would release.

this bug is found on the community factions addon project CFP

damn it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this is a CUP issue, but it's been happening to me on CUP maps, so I thought I'd ask here - plus the CUP team certainly knows Arma exceedingly well.

Lately I've been having an error popping up that bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.housedestructionsmoke is missing. Any idea what this could be and whether it's connected to CUP? I have to admit that I can't even tell what component of Arma or of any mod that path refers to.

If this has nothing to do with CUP, my apologies.

P.S.: I'm learning to appreciate Zargabad much more thanks to the great work on this mod (especially in combination with the TRGM2 mission).

45 minutes ago, thirith said:

Not sure if this is a CUP issue, but it's been happening to me on CUP maps, so I thought I'd ask here - plus the CUP team certainly knows Arma exceedingly well.

Lately I've been having an error popping up that bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.housedestructionsmoke is missing. Any idea what this could be and whether it's connected to CUP? I have to admit that I can't even tell what component of Arma or of any mod that path refers to.

If this has nothing to do with CUP, my apologies.

P.S.: I'm learning to appreciate Zargabad much more thanks to the great work on this mod (especially in combination with the TRGM2 mission).

probably related to some third party mod

On 4/17/2020 at 9:09 PM, lesbille said:

this bug is found on the community factions addon project CFP

damn it

well unfortunately despite our cooperation CFP is not directly managed by CUP, however im sure the devs are already aware of it and will fix it accordingly.

18 hours ago, thirith said:

Fallujah map loaded ? This error might pop up when Fallujah is loaded, depending on the load order.

• Like 1

True, Fallujah is loaded. Thanks for clarifying this! It makes sense now when the error began popping up.

I'm afraid I don't really know anything much about Arma and load order. Would it be best if I put Fallujah further up or further down? And I assume the same would have to be done on the server as well as on all the clients, right?

I'm not even sure it's related to load order, but it pops up for some people and for others, it doesn't, so I assume it is the load order. In any case, I've got Fallujah pretty much at the end of my mod list, and I don't get the error, so you might want to try that

It's a good idea, but sadly it didn't help in this case - I moved Fallujah to the very end and still got the error. Though perhaps it'll be restricted to Fallujah missions? We'll see. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Hello CUP Team,

To begin thank you a lot for this mod this is so good to play with the content of the previous arma series.🤗

Maybe it's a bit late to do feedback

Playing a lot on sahrani with arma1 memories, i was hoping to see a fix about subject that come below

i saw some things which need attention/fix:

1 . The water level on Sahrani should be higher from one meter i think

Is it an easy fix to you? (never worked on map creation)

Arma1

Arma 3

2 . The textures of the M1 abrams, m113 should be reworked, they are too differents from other us vehicles (maybe your plan is to replace it), i 'm using rhs instead but i have to load a lot more stuff just for some vehicles.
I miss the original textures from arma1 on the stryker, the uh60, the hummvees, m113, M1 abrams.They are a bit blury but it's the original.

Helicopters
Strykers
M1,M113,Vulcan
Trucks & Humvees

3 . I remember a mod which added russian voices and spanish for sla, racs, maybe it could be better to have this in Cup.

What do you think about theses suggestion?

I didn't read all the pages so i apologize if i put again the subject on table.

Thank you again,

Greetings

GSVIPER

6 hours ago, [ghostsoldier]viper said:

/big wall of text

I didn't read all the pages so i apologize if i put again the subject on table.

Thank you again,

Greetings

GSVIPER

1- there's a specific thread for this and a feedback tracker too if you feel this is an issue. its not the first time it is brought up but i dont remember what the conclusion to the discussion was.

2- some models just flat out need to be remade. the abrams and humvee specifically stand out for being exceptionally bad, but remodeling will take time.

3- cup has voices (radio protocols) for russians, not sure about spanish. unfortunately dubbing samples dont grow on trees, so adding them is not just a matter of flicking a switch.😋

• Like 1

Nice work Chairborne ! New M240 (s) model look sexy 😀

The fact that CUP Team is still creating for Arma 3 is one of the reasons this game is so great for me.

Thanks for your efforts !

• Like 1

About Water levels, remember that previous Arma titles had tides. Arma 3 doesn't.