CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

First of all, thank you for your great mod and lots of improvements in last update! I have a couple of questions: does anyone have problems with magnifiers after the last update? Will the weapons from FHQ be improved? And do you have any plans to improve weapons sounds in future?

I'm loving the latest update. It just gets better and better. The Hilux technicals are insane. So much fun.

I would like to make one suggestion: the armored technicals need a little buff. Right now, it seems small arms are easily penetrating the "armor" and disabling the engine and killing occupants. Grenade shrapnel from frags as well. I think they need to offer some protection, at least up to 7.62x51 ball ammo.

So you think a mass produced sheet metal car body should be able to stop .308?  That would barely stop 9mm!  Well, OK, anything could stop 9mm but yeah, thin pieces of sheet metal on cars don't provide cover against bullets in Real Life.  Only in Hollywood.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think he means the ones with home-made armour welded on/around.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:44 PM, Marechal Lasalle said:

Hi CUP team,

Where can i found classename of all your weapon ?

Thanks for your work on Arma !

temporary wiki is here: http://wiki.audiocustoms.info/index.php?title=Hauptseite

On 3/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, Disgusting_Man said:

First of all, thank you for your great mod and lots of improvements in last update! I have a couple of questions: does anyone have problems with magnifiers after the last update? Will the weapons from FHQ be improved? And do you have any plans to improve weapons sounds in future?

no problems here, might want to check your CBA keybinds perhaps? no new sounds are currently planned

11 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

I'm loving the latest update. It just gets better and better. The Hilux technicals are insane. So much fun.

I would like to make one suggestion: the armored technicals need a little buff. Right now, it seems small arms are easily penetrating the "armor" and disabling the engine and killing occupants. Grenade shrapnel from frags as well. I think they need to offer some protection, at least up to 7.62x51 ball ammo.

penetration is handled for the most part by the engine, once armor with specific thickness is provided (in this case thin panels of scrap metal), so if bullets go through then its probably what you'd see on a real vehicle too.

im not the one who worked on them but im pretty sure testing was done to make them behave correctly. if you shoot at close range with 7.62 or even 5.56 you'll probably through armor easily.

10 hours ago, Chairborne said:

no problems here, might want to check your CBA keybinds perhaps? no new sounds are currently planned

Sorry, it was my mistake.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 6:54 AM, Redders said:

I think he means the ones with home-made armour welded on/around.

Even that, in real life, being almost always untempered, "mild" steel, won't stop anything with a force greater than .22 LR or 9mm.  Or some .40SW and 45 ACP loads.  Any "high powered" rifle caliber simply punches right through those thinner metal plates.  That's why steel targets are kind of pricey - you shoot them up then have to buy another one.  Heck, I have a 1 inch thick (26mm) plate steel target and it has already been penetrated by the rather mild .30-06 loads from my Garand. 

It makes me sad because the target isn't going to last as long as I thought, but I think you get my point. 

Making good armor that stops modern rifle rounds isn't as simple as bolting on 1/4" plate on to something.  AND most of the military loads are built to penetrate some amount of mild steel plate in their design.  I'm starting to rant so I'll shut up - just keep in mind that bolting on plates of steel only deflects "light" loads, not the majority of military ammo.  Unless we are talking about the Walking Dead.  Now THAT corrugated sheet metal (is it even steel?) they weld onto the cars appears to stop anything up to .50 BMG!  😄

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Making good armor that stops modern rifle rounds isn't as simple as bolting on 1/4" plate on to something.  AND most of the military loads are built to penetrate some amount of mild steel plate in their design.  I'm starting to rant so I'll shut up - just keep in mind that bolting on plates of steel only deflects "light" loads, not the majority of military ammo.  Unless we are talking about the Walking Dead.  Now THAT corrugated sheet metal (is it even steel?) they weld onto the cars appears to stop anything up to .50 BMG!  😄

I agree with you about mild steel, but with regards to the vehicles being represented by CUP, there's a reason people started taking .5 API, GMGs and Javelins to Iraq and Syria to deal with the up-arnoured VBIED threat because small arms weren't cutting it.

I doubt anyone wants CUP to add the equivalent of composite armour to these vehicles, but a bit of extra protection can't be a bad thing, game-play wise.

• Like 2

Hello CUP team

Thank you very much for the latest update, and your hard work!

I wanted to know if it was planned for a next update to add silencers to the FAMAS F1?

Cordially

On 3/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, Redders said:

I agree with you about mild steel, but with regards to the vehicles being represented by CUP, there's a reason people started taking .5 API, GMGs and Javelins to Iraq and Syria to deal with the up-arnoured VBIED threat because small arms weren't cutting it.

I doubt anyone wants CUP to add the equivalent of composite armour to these vehicles, but a bit of extra protection can't be a bad thing, game-play wise.

Actually, with VBIEDs, I think that was less of a problem with small arms fire not getting through the armor, but rather with it being unable to detonate the IED. If you shoot up the engine of a bomb truck coming at you... well, you still have a bomb truck coming at you, only now without an engine, which is of little help if it had already gotten close. It can't blow you up if it's shot to pieces, which is what GMGs are good for.

This "hillbilly armor" was, in reality, never good for much. It could have some effect on RPGs if mounted some distance from the hull, to create a makeshift spaced armor, but without a solid backing plate that won't work, either.

• Like 3

On 3/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, krycek said:

Not sure about you guys but I'm using those BTR-80s even for supermarket trips. The new toys are a blast!

Prophetic words!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, Marechal Lasalle said:

Hello CUP team

Thank you very much for the latest update, and your hard work!

I wanted to know if it was planned for a next update to add silencers to the FAMAS F1?

Cordially

yes they're already available in our dev branch, i posted a picture of them in the previous page in this thread, the model for the suppressor is entirely new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah sorry, i hadn't seen it.

Really nice job for the FAMAS, it is really well done ! Thanks for the French 😉

I also have a small question, do you plan in the future, to embellish the mortar ?
for example adding new shells (like the BAF mod and the phosphate shells), and new mortar?

(Sorry for my English), Thanks for your work !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marechal Lasalle said:

Ah sorry, i hadn't seen it.

Really nice job for the FAMAS, it is really well done ! Thanks for the French 😉

I also have a small question, do you plan in the future, to embellish the mortar ?
for example adding new shells (like the BAF mod and the phosphate shells), and new mortar?

(Sorry for my English), Thanks for your work !

they got their textures upscaled recently, but other than that it's unlikely they'll get more love anytime soon

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chairborne said:

they got their textures upscaled recently, but other than that it's unlikely they'll get more love anytime soon

Love my brand new, as issued from the armorer, AK-74N, all shiny; looks like its straight from the factory.

• Confused 1

I know that our knight in shining armor @Chairborne stated that there won't be any more Building Interior updates in the near future but for the long term future please consider these:

a_office02.p3d

I believe that just by making the second door openable this building would be good enough as a Bank or an alternative to the Hospital or just as an office building.

Arma3-x64-2020-03-28-20-07-14.png

Arma3-x64-2020-03-28-20-06-59.png

a_municipaloffice.p3d

This one is a beautiful and iconic building that would be great to have a hall inside!

Arma3-x64-2020-03-28-20-13-40.png

Arma3-x64-2020-03-28-20-13-58.png

skola.p3d

This is a nice big building that was supposed to be a school but without interiors it just looks like a huge house.

Arma3-x64-2020-03-28-20-17-42.png

Arma3-x64-2020-03-28-20-18-46.png

My vote goes for these 3 buildings in this particular order.

I would love to think what other CUP users think and which of these they would like to see having interiors.

Anyways, keep up the great work CUP team and stay safe!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, badanov said:

Love my brand new, as issued from the armorer, AK-74N, all shiny; looks like its straight from the factory.

Not sure what you're trying to say. Happy you like them i guess?

13 hours ago, LSValmont said:

I know that our knight in shining armor @Chairborne stated that there won't be any more Building Interior updates in the near future but for the long temp future please consider these:

I said there wouldn't be any more buildings from me.

Currently busy with new weapons:

mdSOVDe.png

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Currently busy with new weapons:

Ah , new M60 i see :tounge2:

btw can you add rifle grenades to Famas like a hidden GL? that would be neat and suppressor compatibility as well

of course more Famas variants , thank you :sol:

we considered adding rifle grenades, we'd need to script a few bits and i hate sqf with a passion, we'll see

a custom suppressor model has been added already (reposting)

unless we add rifle grenades i consider the famas otherwise done😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

we considered adding rifle grenades, we'd need to script a few bits and i hate sqf with a passion, we'll see

a custom suppressor model has been added already (reposting)

You don't need a script , you can do it as a invisible GL and with power of hiding - there is other mod who does that and it quite works well

and what i meant by compatibility , can it support all custom made 5.56 suppressors? 😄

4 hours ago, roberthammer said:

You don't need a script , you can do it as a invisible GL and with power of hiding - there is other mod who does that and it quite works well

and what i meant by compatibility , can it support all custom made 5.56 suppressors? 😄

you'd still need to disable the main muzzle and enable the secondary one dynamically, after that it depends on how complex we'd want it to be (extra magazines for blanks? custom reload anims? etc)

didnt really think about it, currently it supports its own custom suppressor only, i suppose we could change that 🤔

fair point mate , it was just a suggestion , if you want to make more realistic then yes you will need scripts :P

• Like 1