CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Great!

BIG HUGE EXTREME THANK YOU CUP TEAM!

honestly I would not be playing ArmA3 without your contribute, your effort is really really appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

can't wait for new update

will try to release my warfare after testing it with new updated CUP

CHEERS!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Niiice,

iam evertime exited seing a update on the CUP projects. Thanks guys, you let me enjoy ARMA again!

• Like 1

Sounds great! I have a question concerning the upscaled textures: does this cover interiors as well? I'm asking because I just jumped into Dynamic Recon Ops and asked it to give me a mission with US Army units and HMMWVs, and the interior textures looked pretty low-res - but perhaps the upscaler can't do much with those textures to begin with.

42 minutes ago, thirith said:

Sounds great! I have a question concerning the upscaled textures: does this cover interiors as well? I'm asking because I just jumped into Dynamic Recon Ops and asked it to give me a mission with US Army units and HMMWVs, and the interior textures looked pretty low-res - but perhaps the upscaler can't do much with those textures to begin with.

We have ran the upscaler on air and water vehicles only, and even then there are some exceptions with some vehicles getting only interiors or exteriors upscaled instead of both (or no upscaling done at all).

Unfortunately the AI we're using to generate these is not infallible and sometimes textures get butchered horribly so those get skipped.

Other times the gain is so minimal it's not worth increasing the file size.

If you check the changelog you can find an accurate list of those that got the upscaling done.

Anyway we plan on expanding that to other vehicles and other weapons too, it's just taking some time as the process takes a lot.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, CUP said:

So what's next you may ask? Well we've already shown a brand new vehicle (Boxer IFV) that will be featured soon, but on top of this we're planning to make a revamp of the US/USMC factions and add a brand new, never before seen, faction. More details to come later!

Wow that's exciting! Awesome work guys, thanks a lot for CUP!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Navalny for president said:

Still hope to see T-64 or T-62 someday...😉

still hope you send me 1mln euros some day

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Finally had time to wander though all the new and improved stuff, nice!!!!

Love all the new technical and enjoyed to see the vehicles are weighted to show the immense weight of some of the weapons you've added to the back of the Hiluxs! And some interesting choices they are indeed!

Thanks for the hard work!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Navalny for president said:

so Vilas sell his models? Lol😂

idk what you mean, but you've been going on with these requests all over the forums for a while so you may want to quit whining before the mods take interest in the situation. 🙂

• Like 4

On 3/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, Navalny for president said:

Still hope to see T-64 or T-62 someday...😉

Can you stop littering nearly every thread with a request for a T-64 or T-62, we have place for addon requests and they aren't in different threads. They belong here: 

Now i do hope i don't see another one of your requests, now lets return to the topic in hand.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

I love the new FALs! ❤️

Maybe a good idea to give the rename the Vz.58, to better distinguish it from the SA-58? (Or you could rename it 'AK47Cz', like it was in flashpoint!)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, biggerdave said:

Maybe a good idea to give the rename the Vz.58, to better distinguish it from the SA-58? (Or you could rename it 'AK47Cz', like it was in flashpoint!)

What's the point? Seems like an arbitrary suggestion that does little more than remove accurate description.

1 hour ago, biggerdave said:

I love the new FALs! ❤️

There's no weapon called SA-58 and also none called AK47Cz. And this is not Flashpoint either. The correct designation is Vz.58, and even in CWR², the rifle is called Vz.58. Deal with it I'd say. 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, W0lle said:

There's no weapon called SA-58 and also none called AK47Cz. And this is not Flashpoint either. The correct designation is Vz.58, and even in CWR², the rifle is called Vz.58. Deal with it I'd say. 🙂

I think you misunderstand - Both the Vz.58 and DSA FAL currently both use the SA-58 displayname. I'm saying it's probably better to change the Czech rifle to use 'Vz.58' instead. (Since, as you say, it is the correct designation)

I could have been a bit clearer about that. My bad.

• Like 1

🤔

Yes, I indeed read the post as 'rename the Vz.58 to Sa-58'.

I seen the Sa-58s before in CUP but then ignored the fact that they should be called Vz.58P and V respectively. This even more as below they have the UK Vz.59. Might make a ticket about this and see what happens. 🙂

• Like 1

Remington R11 has some small issues:

• magazine is not visible in first person
  • iron sights default and max zoom seems too low (especially when compared with M110 or ACR)
  • reload animation looks weirdly convoluted - almost like OFP infamous let's hide the gun from player's perspective and do a magic hand wave - maybe that's a design choice but again, M110 reload anim is much simpler.

+1 on adding "vz." to Czech guns.

Apart from that, new guns are a blast!

This is a question concerning Maps 2.0, I have not personally got a good look at the new Cherno but just wanted to ask if it has or will be shaped to the new specs on DayZ? adding like; Prison Island, Tisy Military, Novodmitrovsk & Svetlojarsk?

The Galil SAR rifle has an animation error that is not in the original. pdt: hint, they can also change the reload animation to slower and rougher like ak model.(

sorry for my English)

Not sure about you guys but I'm using those BTR-80s even for supermarket trips. The new toys are a blast!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Adam Noble said:

it would be nice to see the AC-130

Well I propose to visit a US Airbase, you might be able to see one there.

Seriously, though, yeah, it would be nice to see X. It would also be nice to have one million on my account. Both are not very likely to become reality in the foreseeable future. Please, skip the requests, okay?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2