CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 1/15/2020 at 3:18 PM, bolo861 said:

Quick question, because i havn t got time to check dev branch. Will the new FALs include 50.41/42 FALO squad automatic rifle variant with heavy barrel and bipod?

Thanks and regards. 

Negative.

I like how the quality of CUP weapons improves from update to update. And i know that you don't take requests, but it would be great if you can bring back version of M68 CCO (low) from previous update or make a version without lens covers. I know this may be a strange wish, but still. Thank you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Disgusting_Man said:

I like how the quality of CUP weapons improves from update to update. And i know that you don't take requests, but it would be great if you can bring back version of M68 CCO (low) from previous update or make a version without lens covers. I know this may be a strange wish, but still. Thank you!

thank you, we'll think about it

• Like 1

Hi all, thanks again for our outstanding work; On my side, you motivate me to upgrade and improve some of my missions.

Just one question: playing with marker flags (type), I found that "Faction_CUP_US_ARMY" flag and "Faction_CUP_RNZN" flag are same.

Here is a little code I wrote for coupling factions and their flags as far as there is no direct command/function for that.

Easy to check by console when previewing map (virtual reality recommended for readable font).

Spoiler

0 = [] spawn {
private _factionFlags = [
 ["BLU_F","flag_NATO"],
  ["BLU_T_F","flag_NATO"],
  ["BLU_CTRG_F","flag_CTRG"],
  ["BLU_GEN_F","flag_TanoaGendarmerie"],
  ["BLU_G_F","flag_FIA"],
 ["OPF_F","flag_CSAT"],
  ["OPF_T_F","flag_CSAT"],
  ["OPF_V_F","flag_Viper"],
  ["OPF_G_F","flag_FIA"],
 ["IND_F","flag_AAF"],
 ["IND_G_F","flag_FIA"],
  ["IND_C_F","flag_Syndicat"],

["CUP_B_USMC","Faction_CUP_USMC"],
  ["CUP_B_US_Army","Faction_CUP_US_ARMY"],
  ["CUP_B_CDF","Faction_CUP_CDF"],
  ["CUP_O_RU","Faction_CUP_RU"],
  ["CUP_O_ChDKZ","Faction_CUP_CHDKZ"],
  ["CUP_I_NAPA","Faction_CUP_NAPA"],
  ["CUP_B_RNZN","Faction_CUP_RNZN"],
  ["CUP_C_CHERNARUS","Faction_CUP_CDF"],
  ["CUP_C_RU","Faction_CUP_RU"],
  ["CUP_C_SAHRANI","Faction_CUP_RU"],
  ["CUP_O_TK","Faction_CUP_TKA"],
  ["CUP_O_TK_MILITIA","Faction_CUP_TKM"],
  ["CUP_C_TK","Faction_CUP_TKG"],
  ["CUP_C_Special","White"],
  ["CUP_B_US","flag_USA"],
  ["CUP_B_CZ","Faction_CUP_CzechRepublic"],
  ["CUP_B_GER","Faction_CUP_Germany"],
  ["CUP_I_TK_GUE","Faction_CUP_TKG"],
  ["CUP_I_UN","Faction_CUP_UNO"],
  ["CUP_O_SLA","Faction_CUP_SLA"],
  ["CUP_I_RACS","Faction_CUP_RACS"],
  ["CUP_B_GB","Faction_CUP_GB"],
  ["CUP_I_PMC_ION","Faction_CUP_PMC_ION_black"]
];

for "_i" from 0 to count _factionFlags -1 do {
_mk = createMarker [str(_i),player getpos [100 * round ceil ((_i+1)/36), _i*10]];
_mk setMarkerType (_factionFlags #_i)#1;
_mk setMarkerText (_factionFlags #_i)#0;
};
};

If you have time to glance at these couples... Any remark welcome. Thanks

• Like 2

it probably went unnoticed because, to my knowledge, flags were only used for the old 2d editor's factions, which now in eden dont work anymore. please make a ticket before we forget: https://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Did CUP include a Colt 4x20 scope at one point or am I thinking of something else? I remember this optic being available in the game a while ago, but I can't find it in any of the mods I use (RHS, CUP, NIArms). Goes perfectly with the early M16 variants in the game!

is that the one that mounts directly on the carryhandle? then no, dont think we ever had one, currently even fixed carryhandle colt rifles have a rail that is used to mount top attachments. maybe unsung or the 80s black ops mod had those.

Some former FHQ Weapons now made it into CUP. Coming soon to an Arma 3 near you.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to ask for a little help finding CUP classnames. I tried the 'Docs" link on the site but it doesn't go anywhere. Google hints that it may be temporarily unavailable.

Thanks

omg... they are coming back.. **WITH A VENGEANCE**

loving the versions with a BMP-1 cannon and the welded armor plates! 

• Like 3

Is there any chance you can make the new technicals a little more robust on the tires?  The old PK technicals always seemed take a lot of damage if someone sneezed in their general direction.

The extended cab model is a great addition.   Looking forward to these!

• Like 1

@CUP @Chairborne

Your M1A1 and M1A2 tanks still need some fixes.

1. The gunner primary sight view is from the wrong side of the turret, it should be from "doghouse" in front of the TC cupola.
2. Coaxial M240 MG have wrong ammunition count. Ready bin holds around 4000 rounds, and in total there is 11400-12000 rounds for 7.62mm machine guns.
3. TC 12.7mm M2 MG hold 100 ready rounds and in total 1000 rounds.
4. If these are equivalents to modern variants. Gunner primary sight should have such zoom levels. Day channel have 3x and 10x zoom, and thermal channel have 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom.
5. M1A1 TC cupola have 1x front periscope + 3x CWSS sight for the machine gun. M1A2 TC have either CROWS or CITV for his disposal. CITV have only thermal channel with 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom.

Other than that, only the models are not very accurate.

• Like 3

thank you for your feedback, there's a chance models might be scrapped soon and replaced with decent ones.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

Other than that, only the models are not very accurate.

Yeah the models are pretty clearly showing their age. I'm currently working on new models from scratch, hopefully they will come out a bit more accurate. Thank you very much for the feedback 🙂

• Like 10

@Chairborne@Alwarren

Perhaps this might help a bit with new models.

M1A1 series uses CWS or in case of modern M1A1SA (US Army and ARNG) or M1A1FEP (USMC) new fully stabilized cupola SCWS.

jTS0iod.jpg

This image shos M1/M1IP and M1A1 series CWS (Commander Weapon Station) cupola on the left, and M1A2 series ICWS (Improved Commander Weapon Station) cupola on the right.

The CWS cupola is non stabilized and have only power traverse. Elevation is manual handcranck. CWS cupola only have 3x day sight + 6 periscopes.

EFTGpFyXUAEqMdC.jpg

Here you can see the CWS sight on the side of the machine gun mount, and central periscope under the machine gun mount.

M1A1(HA)_cal50_sight.jpg
And this is view from CWS cupola, CWSS (Commander Weapon Station Sight) sight.

The modern M1A1SA and M1A1FEP uses upgraded SCWS (Stabilized Commander Weapon Station) which have a full stabilization in azimuth and elevation, as well as power traverse and power elevation.

WFXbLpF.jpg
main-qimg-671fe4a5f3ea25de6d2bece6d32f32
main-qimg-937846ac1460643459401e4a914008
rrPiyw2.png

The SCWS cupola uses upgraded CWSS sight for day channel, but also RTS (Remote Thermal Sight) seen in front of the ammunition box. RTS provides 3x, 6x and 9x zoom.

The M1A2 series ICWS cupola due to changes in internal electronics architecture is non powered and is fixed (it does not rotate). Only it's machine gun mount rotates around the cupola and can only be used when TC open hatches and expose itself.

This is why in M1A2SEPv2 (currently the most common M1 tank variant in US Army active service, all basic M1A2's and M1A2SEPv1's were long time ago upgraded to M1A2SEPv2 standard) replaced the mg flex mount, with M153 CROWS-2 remotely operated weapon station.

u7Av7DM.jpg
uHxtgt3.jpg

The CROWS-2 is fully stabilized, have a day channel 1x, 15x and 30x zoom, thermal channel have 4.3x and 12.5x zoom. It also have a laser range finder and it's own FCS. For 12.7mm M2 machine gun, it hold 400 ready rounds with probably 400 more in storage.

As you can also see, CROWS-2 is not directly mounted in the turret roof, but on the gunners primary sight "doghouse".

r8wlCOH.jpg
b6e39tQ.jpg

This is the view from the gunner primary sight thermal channel. It shows central crosshair. Above the crosshair is the azimuth indicator, below crosshair is the range. Letter F indicates that something is inoperational (laser range finder for example) and should not be visible if tank is fully operational. On both sides of of the range are visible GPS coordinates from Far Target Location system. This system is used in various US armored vehicles. It uses own vehicle GPS location coordinates, north finding module, turret azimuth relative to the north and a range to target obtained by laser range finder, so the tank computer can calculate targets exact GPS coordinates. Later this data can be displayed for other units via FBCB2/BFT or JBCP command and control system, and sent to a higher echelon command, or artillery or even air support.

This is a day sight view (altough FCS is not fully turned on).

Thermal sight view (again FCS not fully cuntional).

And a CITV view.

The driver also have a thermal vision device that can replace his central periscope in his hatch.

Also a rear view camera is mounted in one of the rear lights. It's mounted in the rear right light housing to be more precise.
M1A2%20_SEP_V2_Abrams_main_battle_tank_U

Other than that? A yes. All M1A1's and M1A2's can be up armored with TUSK kit. Either TUSK-1 or TUSK-2. The difference between the two is that TUSK-1 uses only M19 ARAT-1 ERA modules mounted on hull side skirts. TUSK-2 uses combination of M19 ARAT-1 and M32 ARAT-2 ERA modules in hull side skirts and M32 ARAT-2 modules on turret sides.

fcc0641.jpg
This is M1A2SEPv2 with TUSK-2 kit mounted.

This is how ERA is mounted and how combination of M19 and M32 modules look like on hull side skirts.

Other than that?

Ah yes. US Army faction should use M1A1SA and M1A2SEPv2 tanks. USMC should only use M1A1FEP tanks.

All these variants have also new main gun ammo racks. This means they store 42 rounds in total. 18 rounds in ready rack behind loader, 18 rounds in semi-ready rack behind commander, and 6 rounds in hull ammo compartment between turret and engine.

I can also share some of my research about the M1 series armor protection if you wish. But in general, M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEPv2 should have the most modern and heaviest armor protection from all the tanks avaiable in CUP. As they either use 3rd generation Heavy Armor Package (developed in early 2000's) or 1st generation Next Generation Armor Package developed in mid 2000's. This is a more modern solution than Leopard 2A6 D tech armor package eveloped in late 80's and early 90's, Challenger 2 Dorchester armor package also developed in late 80's and early 90's or T-90 armor package developed in early 80's.

@Alwarren If you will have the models somewhat ready to show, I can point out where and what differences should be there between M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEPv2 as there is a few more details.

Cheers.

• Like 13

@Damian90Wow, nice detailed pictures, thanks. Once I am getting somewhere with the models, I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit of recognition for the CUP team for their incredible new voices in Russian militiamen.  Incredibly immersive.

Also, I love the new haircuts of the ChKDZ militias.  Realistic. Thanks for the hard work and dedication to accurately portraying Russian militiamen.😎

• Like 7