CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 12/23/2019 at 12:16 AM, CUP said:

You mean fixed buttstock? We have them too, probably they're not on stable release yet, but you can check them out on our DEV version.

Yes, i mean fixed buttstock(mind me, not a native speaker:)). I'm checking them out right now!

You guys have doing really well with last couple updates. So many new contents have implanted. Thank guys!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colosseum said:

Great news! Looking forward to updated animations in later releases.

OK, but this isn't really a real answer to give someone who leaves commentary on the mod -- are we not allowed (as the community) to provide feedback? Clearly the feedback I gave was actionable, as the dev team chose to make an update, so I'm not clear on why you even chose to respond with a snipe like this in the first place. 

Not exactly sure what you expected to happen here, you went from a polite 'this animation is not bad but could use improvements' to 'this is total trash and you should feel ashamed' (or some other very disrespectful reply which i dont care enough to read again) the very next post.

If you ever had a normal interaction with another person you should know that's not how you talk to people, it's not rocket science.

• Like 6

On 12/29/2019 at 12:54 PM, Bukain said:

Yes, i mean fixed buttstock(mind me, not a native speaker:)). I'm checking them out right now!

You guys have doing really well with last couple updates. So many new contents have implanted. Thank guys!

I agree, but I would rather have the team polishing current content rather than adding new...

I feel that CUP already provides immense amounts of content and would rather have the current assets polished to BI levels o Quality and Balance.

• Like 1

Sometimes working on the same assets over and over again due to engine changes gets boring and demotivating, unfortunately.

My reply was not intended to be disrespectful. As a content creator in other genres I understand how annoying it is to be asked (demanded) to make changes to something you are building in your free time, hence my careful wording and suggestion of another approach that could be used. Admittedly I don't know much about porting animations.

At any rate, glad to see the change was made and looking forward to next release.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 1:30 AM, LSValmont said:

I agree, but I would rather have the team polishing current content rather than adding new...

I feel that CUP already provides immense amounts of content and would rather have the current assets polished to BI levels o Quality and Balance.

Yes, i agree! I want the good quality vehicles CUP vehicle has. Marines Corps vehicles like LAV25 and AAV and British Challenger can't be found elsewhere, only in CUP.  But sadly the LAV in particular very deadly. Challenger too. I think they need a balancing? I don't know. It feel like alittle bit over kill when your Challenger destroyed a section of T-90 alone. Of cuz i used against RHS. Yeah they say i should use only one of two 😔

I think RHS and CUP will never be able to play together 😣 Will there be time in the foreseeable future where you guys start developing each of your mods with a kinda universal standard? What i mean is like vehicle damage standard, inflicted damage, ballistic, weapon weights, body armour capability, human, etc..? That would be really great! 

Becuz it feel like both will be still here as top necessities. CUP will always be here as there's no mod in community that give you this much assets from preArma3 to new stuffs like CUP does to you. Also it is community based huge team. Sometime we players got greedy, wanting both team have to offer, result with funny fails like above-mentioned cases like a single mighty Challenger 2 killing a bunch of opponent tanks or LAV transferring a platoon of Russian armoured platoon to the afterlife in couple seconds.

I like the CUP. It's terrain are the best. More polish to the existing contents in cup vehicle would be much appreciated. For the CUP weapon, i think what you guys did with last couple updates were very great. I have to see improve in quality of the guns, i mean all guns the launcher include. You guys had made improvement in textures and coloration of nearly all guns, am i right? So i think you guys should start focusing on the vehicle from now 😄 But these are up to you guys! The fact that you guys still actively developing is enough for me: D 

2 hours ago, Bukain said:

I think RHS and CUP will never be able to play together 😣 Will there be time in the foreseeable future where you guys start developing each of your mods with a kinda universal standard? What i mean is like vehicle damage standard, inflicted damage, ballistic, weapon weights, body armour capability, human, etc..? That would be really great! 

CUP tries to be as close to Vanilla as possible. RHS, OTOH, as I understand it regards itself as a total conversion and as such makes its own rules, which is perfectly fine - compatibility with other mods is just not what they are aiming at.

Also it is community based huge team.

The team isn't as huge as you might think.

More polish to the existing contents in cup vehicle would be much appreciated.

Are you volunteering?

You guys had made improvement in textures and coloration of nearly all guns, am i right?

Yeah I don't think there are many of the original weapons left, and literally none of them is untouched.

• Like 1

The LAV needs some fixes, and the Stryker needs the configs to be refactored at the very least.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alwarren said:

CUP tries to be as close to Vanilla as possible. RHS, OTOH, as I understand it regards itself as a total conversion and as such makes its own rules, which is perfectly fine - compatibility with other mods is just not what they are aiming at.

Ugh that's sad:( Yeah i aware RHS weapons don't like certain vanilla too. Wish there's a single standard all mod makers are following 😆 Just a wish though. Anyway why they against vanilla? Is the vanilla damage system or standardization bad in anyway? I don't know mod stuffs.

I really thought CUP team is a huge one make up of many community volunteers. I think i was wrong with that. So how many of you guys are there that are currently usual with developing the CUP? 

10 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Are you volunteering?

What? Hahaha no!! How?  Maybe my English abit confuse you i think. I didn't meant that way. What i mean is I'll be happy if you guys start improving/polishing on the vehicles in CUP Vehicle, especially the one Chairborne mentioned, LAV, Stryker and some. 

To be honest I wish i can volunteer man, i really mean it. But the fact that i know i don't know anything about modding or scripting or programming makes me only having to rely on you guys and all the contributors here. Afterall that's why we sometime ended up making suggestions here and there. Mind it, just a sign of reliance xD

14 hours ago, Bukain said:

Will there be time in the foreseeable future where you guys start developing each of your mods with a kinda universal standard? What i mean is like vehicle damage standard, inflicted damage, ballistic, weapon weights, body armour capability, human, etc..? That would be really great! 

Ideally, the universal standard would be provided by the game that the mods are built upon. Unfortunately this is not the case, since all vanilla content is made up, a lot of values are balanced for the sake of being balanced and all the damage/armor/penetration values are bumped up for reasons yet unknown.

That means real life existing (not made up) assets in and getting these configed based on real world data could get tricky, if not almost impossible. You end up with two options a. make all your custom content based on real life documented data (ballistics, penetration, damage, armor thickness etc) which the engine is perfectly capable simulating to some pretty decent degree or b. make up some arbitrary values in order to stay compatible to the vanilla that is all made with gamey, balance and arbitrary values in mind.

27 minutes ago, Bukain said:

Ugh that's sad:( Yeah i aware RHS weapons don't like certain vanilla too. Wish there's a single standard all mod makers are following 😆 Just a wish though. Anyway why they against vanilla? Is the vanilla damage system or standardization bad in anyway? I don't know mod stuffs.

Why do you feel the need to ask someone else is beyond me but whatever. There is no one against vanilla, it simply doesn't suit our purpose. Just like i said, in an ideal world, the game will be made based on real world data, that can be replicated/translated etc by even more data. not the case. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PuFu said:

Unfortunately this is not the case, since all vanilla content is made up, a lot of values are balanced for the sake of being balanced and all the damage/armor/penetration values are bumped up for reasons yet unknown.

To be honest, I also never understood the need for sides to be balanced (which they aren't anyway). Why everybody in Vanilla is using the same 6.5mm caseless ammo fired from rifles that in reality don't use them. 

• Like 1

Balancing is important for pvp gaming! Vanilla is pretty much balanced and last states or arma2, before arma3 came out, were balanced also.

Wasn´t this one of the main aims of kju´s community upgrade porject scripts/configs in arma 2?

2 hours ago, Muecke said:

Balancing is important for pvp gaming! Vanilla is pretty much balanced and last states or arma2, before arma3 came out, were balanced also.

Wasn´t this one of the main aims of kju´s community upgrade porject scripts/configs in arma 2?

My point being that you can balance strength by other mans than giving basically the same equipment to everyone.

3 hours ago, Muecke said:

balance and mirrored across is not the same thing mind you.

3 hours ago, Alwarren said:

To be honest, I also never understood the need for sides to be balanced (which they aren't anyway). Why everybody in Vanilla is using the same 6.5mm caseless ammo fired from rifles that in reality don't use them. 

i wasn't even talking about the assets provided, but about the fact that if you were to translate a lot of data for projectile and surfaces into RHA values, you would end up with absurdly high values. seems that it was an oversights, then everything was adjusted upwards in relation to some already existing and flawed data. 

Thanks for adding the Mosin and adjusting the Elcans on the dev branch. The previous iteration of the Elcan was fine but i prefer these ones just a bit more in terms of appearance. Also like the new functionality. Might want to consider renaming them tho, as the variants with a Deltapoint on top are still named "RMR". I am not one to look a gifted horse in the mouth, so by all means, keep the new guns coming if you want. I am really enjoying this stuff !

• Like 1

I'm curious to see the "luxurious" Hummer from Queen's gambit  in Arma 3, maybe is not so bad, there are so much stuff Mini cooper, Jeep renegade to make happy all life servers 😁
984-arma%202007-09-27%2013-06-06-21.jpg

• Confused 1

New toys near completion:

• Like 22

12 hours ago, Navalny for president said:

Still hope to see T-64 or T-62

Not any time soon I'm afraid

• Like 2

Is there any chance anyone from CUP had some time to look at the russian missiles?

If there's one thing I always wanted in vanilla A2 when BI announced the upgraded russian side it was a BTR-70(or 80). Thought it was weird to go with BTR-90 and even more weirder when they chose BTR-60 for the expansion. The ruskies basically flooded the planet with the 70/80 versions.

RHS made it possible in A2 with their kickass BTR-70 and now seeing the 80 version in CUP (with the upgraded 30mm too) it's a dream come true.

12 hours ago, krycek said:

Is there any chance anyone from CUP had some time to look at the russian missiles?

If there's one thing I always wanted in vanilla A2 when BI announced the upgraded russian side it was a BTR-70(or 80). Thought it was weird to go with BTR-90 and even more weirder when they chose BTR-60 for the expansion. The ruskies basically flooded the planet with the 70/80 versions.

RHS made it possible in A2 with their kickass BTR-70 and now seeing the 80 version in CUP (with the upgraded 30mm too) it's a dream come true.

They will be reviewed this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Chairborne said:

The LAV needs some fixes, and the Stryker needs the configs to be refactored at the very least.

And new tankDLC fire geometries *sigh*

On 1/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, Chairborne said:

New toy:

Quick question, because i havn t got time to check dev branch. Will the new FALs include 50.41/42 FALO squad automatic rifle variant with heavy barrel and bipod?

Thanks and regards.