CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I`am a big fan of CUP from the beginning. The last update is amazing though I have bigger problems with the balancing of Bluefor vs Opfor.

I had them fighting for more than 3h without having a winner before. Now the Bluefor needs 1h to defeat the Opfor.

I let every side fight with almost the whole content.

The weapon power of all vehicles of B seems increased.

Does anyone else noticed this ?

On 10/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, CUP said:

No idea why this happens, we havent made any changes to the LHD's functionality in ages.

What happens if you start the mission? Do the remaining blocks spawn or is it still broken?

Okay! Tested this again on Sunday and it worked perfect, even with a ton of other mods running. Just to make sure, I waited another day and tested it again and it worked just fine! Even tried it on two different maps! 

Perfectly fine.

Arma being Arma I guess, Sorry for the alarm ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if its the right place for such suggestions, but - would it be possible to add some semiauto only civilian AR-15s?   M-4 semiauto clones  are extremely common in US,  they can be also bought by civilians in most european countries other than UK,   and are pretty popular with all kinds of sport shooters, paramilitaries,  pmcs,  law enforcement and all kind of other users.

It seems like straightforward modification, since all models,  textures and animations  are already in the mod and don't need to be changed.  

8 minutes ago, jcalvert said:

I don't know if its the right place for such suggestions, but - would it be possible to add some semiauto only civilian AR-15s?   M-4 semiauto clones  are extremely common in US,  they can be also bought by civilians in most european countries other than UK,   and are pretty popular with all kinds of sport shooters, paramilitaries,  pmcs,  law enforcement and all kind of other users.

It seems like straightforward modification, since all models,  textures and animations  are already in the mod and don't need to be changed.  

Whats the point? Is it for complaining that you can't have a full auto even on arma? LOL

Did you know that you can switch between semi and full-auto by pressing 'F'?

Also, I think NIArms has a semi-auto Ar-15 IIRC

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jacobs said:

Whats the point? Is it for complaining that you can't have a full auto even on arma? LOL

The point is that these weapons exist IRL, and are actively used by people around the world.  Is that not enough?  They are certainly more common and more likely to be found in the field than, lets say,  AA12. Or even TEC-9 , as much as i like it 🙂.   

Private security and law enforcement, irregulars, militias, armed civilians   might not be as glamorous as superspecial elite commando units,   but they are part of the world just as well.   Is giving them wepons that could be realistically found in their hands really  such awful idea? 

Besides, as i said its relatively good cost-effect addition - you dont really have to make any new textures or models, and it adds gameplay variety rather that being purely cosmetic (like dozen camo variants of military M4s 🙂  - note that i do enjoy the fact that there's dozen camo variants of M4,  variety is always good thing) .

15 hours ago, jacobs said:

Did you know that you can switch between semi and full-auto by pressing 'F'?

Ouch. How very sarcastic. Well,  did you know that  the defining characteristic of civilian ARs is that you cannot switch them to full auto by pressing 'F'?   Because that is the whole point here,  my friend ;).

Edited by jcalvert
  • Like 2

Hello CUP Team,

first let me congratulate you on your awesome mod, it really has become the most comprehensive "one stop shop" solution in the Armaverse! 

A big salute to all involved, Donators, scripters, all contributors really.

I do want to ask, if it is possible to add an AAF variant of the KMW Dingo 2 to the game, I feel that it would fit the MRAP role much better than the Fennek.

Now, I know that it isn't exactly polite to ask for such things, but please believe me, I tried to create a retexture myself. I just don't have the slightest of skills required to succeed here. 

Many thanks for all the fun toys, CUP Team!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 3:38 AM, jcalvert said:

Ouch. How very sarcastic. Well,  did you know that  the defining characteristic of civilian ARs is that you cannot switch them to full auto by pressing 'F'?   Because that is the whole point here,  my friend ;).

Hello. Sure you can ask that, you're on the good forum. Forget sarcasm. If you want to block some full auto by pressing "F", there is a code you can run from console, trigger set to true, or even init field of any object, init.sqf... (anywhere in fact):

0 = [] spawn {
  waitUntil {!isNull findDisplay 46};
  (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown",{
    params ["","_key"];
    _handle = false;
    _handle = if (_key == 33 && currentWeapon player == "CUP_arifle_M4A1_black") then [{true},{ false}];
    _handle
  }]
};

This code blocks "F" key (then full auto) for player with "CUP_arifle_M4A1_black" type in arm. Sorry, I don't know the weapons as you do, but it's easy to modify it for another one or even an array of them. I hope this help.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Hello. Sure you can ask that, you're on the good forum. Forget sarcasm. If you want to block some full auto by pressing "F", there is a code you can run from console, trigger set to true, or even init field of any object, init.sqf... (anywhere in fact):

0 = [] spawn {
  waitUntil {!isNull findDisplay 46};
  (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown",{
    params ["","_key"];
    _handle = false;
    _handle = if (_key == 33 && currentWeapon player == "CUP_arifle_M4A1_black") then [{true},{ false}];
    _handle
  }]
};

This code blocks "F" key (then full auto) for player with "CUP_arifle_M4A1_black" type in arm. Sorry, I don't know the weapons as you do, but it's easy to modify it for another one or even an array of them. I hope this help.

I was wondering if this was possible. Thank you!

On 10/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, flv*venom* said:

Hello CUP Team,

first let me congratulate you on your awesome mod, it really has become the most comprehensive "one stop shop" solution in the Armaverse! 

A big salute to all involved, Donators, scripters, all contributors really.

I do want to ask, if it is possible to add an AAF variant of the KMW Dingo 2 to the game, I feel that it would fit the MRAP role much better than the Fennek.

Now, I know that it isn't exactly polite to ask for such things, but please believe me, I tried to create a retexture myself. I just don't have the slightest of skills required to succeed here. 

Many thanks for all the fun toys, CUP Team!

If you or anyone else can provide a decent texture set for it, sure!

We've added tons of textures made by others from the community.

This is what we're currently busy with, among other new models in the pipelines:

• Like 10

Work-In-Progress textured render of the new BTR-80 family of APC's, for your viewing pleasure. Coming to a CUPdate near you soon(ish)

hAvxsKt.jpg

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4

Hello. I love your CUP mods and thanks for working on it but in sights that have 3d and 2d and another RMR view, only 3d and 2d views are turned on, but I just can’t switch to RMR view or only RMR and 3d are turned on, but not 2d, it’s a bug or can be fixed, I tried changing the settings of cba weapons keys, but could not. Please can you help?

4 hours ago, alekzenit said:

Hello. I love your CUP mods and thanks for working on it but in sights that have 3d and 2d and another RMR view, only 3d and 2d views are turned on, but I just can’t switch to RMR view or only RMR and 3d are turned on, but not 2d, it’s a bug or can be fixed, I tried changing the settings of cba weapons keys, but could not. Please can you help?

CBA keybind (default: Ctrl/Shift + NUM /) handles 3D <-> 2D switch.

Vanilla "Weapons - Optics Mode" (default: NUM /) handles Optics <-> Ironsight/Reflex switch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 10Dozen said:

CBA keybind (default: Ctrl/Shift + NUM /) handles 3D <-> 2D switch.

Vanilla "Weapons - Optics Mode" (default: NUM /) handles Optics <-> Ironsight/Reflex switch.

ok, I'll try it. Thank you.

Heavy work-in-progres, hopefully in CUP soon
Z1YfXSal.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

If I were to hand over a royalty free model form Turbosquid to the project, could you texture it, rig it and create interiors? If so, what format would you prefer?

7 hours ago, hazzami said:

If I were to hand over a royalty free model form Turbosquid to the project, could you texture it, rig it and create interiors? If so, what format would you prefer?

You lost me at Turbosquid.

Turbosquid has some models of questionable origins. We don't take anything were we cannot assertain that the creator of the model has given his okay.

Besides that, it is not likely to happen. We do these models because we enjoy the process. The fact that something comes out of it is "just" an added bonus. Working on other people's models is boring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

You lost me at Turbosquid.

Turbosquid has some models of questionable origins. We don't take anything were we cannot ascertain that the creator of the model has given his okay.

Besides that, it is not likely to happen. We do these models because we enjoy the process. The fact that something comes out of it is "just" an added bonus. Working on other people's models is boring.

I have obtained a fairly cheap model that does not have an interior, it's not animated and it's not well textured. 

I suggested this cause I thought it could speed up the process but now I realize that would not be the case regarding your concerns. I also see that you guys do this for the sake of the process.

Anyways, Thanks for the fairly quick response.

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

That is some f**king love for ones work right there. I can appreciate that kind of pride and dedication to the process where many look for the easy way out far too often.

Don't get me wrong... I'll always love the end results, but to see someone talk about the "journey" as opposed to the "destination" just makes me respect this project that much more.

Salute.

• Like 1

Will you guys ever add cold war vehicles such as M151 MUTT and other cold war stuff? I really like playing cold war era, there's already a M60 tank and 80s woodland BDUs in CUP, a MUTT would be amazing for a Cold war US faction.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, Mohsin666 said:

Will you guys ever add cold war vehicles such as M151 MUTT and other cold war stuff? I really like playing cold war era, there's already a M60 tank and 80s woodland BDUs in CUP, a MUTT would be amazing for a Cold war US faction.

No, Yes, Maybe. It's classified.

As a rule, it is impossible to say what gets added. We have a backlog of material in our source svn, but these will only get done once someone decides to do them. We do not feel obligated to do any of it. After all, we're doing this in our spare time and as such, either the process in itself must be motivating enough, or the end result must be "worth it" from our point of view.

So yeah, I know that a MUTT would be cool, as would be a T-62, a T-80, or any other number of vehicles.

• Like 2

Hi CUP crew.

Currently the picture-in-picture scopes like the ACOG don't work properly with a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor. Is this something that would be fixable or a hard-coded limitation?

4 hours ago, reconteam said:

Currently the picture-in-picture scopes like the ACOG don't work properly with a 21:9 aspect ratio monitor. Is this something that would be fixable or a hard-coded limitation?

I'm just interested, do vanilla Arma 3 scopes like RCO work properly or are they different to ACOG in CUP entirely?

10 hours ago, reconteam said:

Hi CUP crew.

Hi. It should be fixed with lastest CBA update : https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases/tag/v3.13.0.191116

CUP optics use CBA scripted optics.

• Thanks 1