CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 8/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, -ben- said:

The buildings are not scaled up. The doors on a lot of buildings were remodeled to be larger because of the way the camera works in Day Z SA. The building geometry is the same size however, but other LOD elements in the models are different to the A2 versions causing bounding box and center positions to not be the same

Thanks for clarification!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mohsin666 said:

When is the update releasing?

For everytime someone asks, we put the actual releasedate back by 1 week.

Now it's "When it is done+1week"

• Like 10
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, can we undo this? Maybe by writing "gnisaeler etadpu eht si nehW" ?

Guys, I am super excited about what CUP has become. It practically is a "what else would you need?!" mod. Of Course in large parts thanks to the kind donations by so many gifted members of this community, but no less also because of your continued hard work...

many thanks for your dedication and commitment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey, guys. Just a heads-up on the CUP dev-branch status, since things were a bit funky the last two weeks

There was no update on CUPDev last week as the person who manages our repository was moving. As for this week, our illustrious capable competent funny ...present Discord bot, Bob had a little bit of an oopsie, and needed some time to sort himself out. CUPDev Units and Weapons have been updated this week, though the launcher may not identify it as such, highlights include:

-Reworked Battledress Uniforms including a brand new Desert Combat Uniform colorway (currently it's too overly saturated, I mentioned this to the author, Taro, in the members section of the Discord and he said he'll work on it)

-Updates to the NAPA Uniforms including the new BDUs and improved Flecktarn textures

-Texture updates for the Interceptor body armor

-Texture updates for the PASGT helmet to match the new BDUs

-New PASGT Helmet variants with the Norotos rugged helmet NV mount and strap

-A bunch of new variations of the FN FAL; camo, wood furniture, long barrel, short barrel, and even Rhodesian baby barf camo. Plus, all versions can now support side rail attachments

-Two new compact SMGs: the Heckler and Koch MP7A1 (with the integrated folding grip), and the Military Armaments Corporation MAC-10 in .45ACP. Both come in primary and secondary weapon versions (for supported and freehand firing, respectively), and both are total bullet hoses! The MAC especially!!

uc?export=download&id=1p2HaI7i3iqFqv50Zy

There's also a smattering of minor improvements and bug fixes, as always. Stuff like the Z-Point textures being tweaked, M16A2 mesh update, EOTech 551 mesh update, M4A1 Grip and GL attachment positions tweaked for consistency, and more

As always, full changelog is in the workshop notes

EDIT: Also be sure to check out the revamped FN Mk48 Maximi and Izhmash Saiga 12 that came with the update on 15 August, along with some minor additions like a black LLM Mk3, new black M92 helmets (wee-woo), updated textures for the M72 Special, and another smattering of minor improvements to CUP-Units and CUP-Weapons. No updates to Vehicles or Terrains this week

• Like 13

US2003.png?width=1618&height=911

We've added quite a bit of early 2000s era US gear for the next CUPdate.  Old school DCU BDUs, new textures for the Interceptor Vests, DCU patterned MICH and PASGT Helmets, and more.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Warning for those that dont use the DEV branch of CUP : possible spoilers ahead ? :s

Hello guys. I visit the forum regularly but do not post all that often. I wanted to take a moment to once again thank you guys for the amazing content the CUP team continues to deliver.

I wanted to specifically thank you for taking the time to rework the Saiga 12. It is my favorite shotgun, and in ArmA III, shotguns are often low on the priority and often discarded.

Big thanks to you guys for taking the time to revisit this weapon and give it the overhaul it deserves. I am also loving the 20rnd mags and railed variant. Awesome model & sounds !

I know its not nice to ask these things here, but i simply cant contain myself :

Will there be variants in the future that feature railed hand guard or the ability to attach tactical devices, similar to the massive variety of AK's that you already added ? Will you guys also be working on muzzle attachments such as a custom brake or even suppressors?

At any rate, this really made my day. After years of using the same old Saiga's in game this was awesome to find this updated and high quality weapon today. Its things like these that keep me coming back to this game time and time again.
Thanks for everything you guys have done and continue to do (and if any other content creators read this,  this applies to all of you as well 🙂 ).

• Like 1

i agree with Nillie the amount of overhauled weapons are impressive, thumbs up for the new textures about Beretta m9 and colt 1911, beautiful m16a1 and the addition of  chinese type 56 AK (now is easily build a Vietnam mod). The xm8 now seems a rifle and not a toy like in Arma2 PMC 
thanks CUP team

I spot that problem with various vehicles on their headlights missing glass it's invisible glass stryker front and back on bradley mostly 

CUP Development Branch Update, 23 August 2019

Hey there, virtual soldiers! Seeing as people reacted well to my post two weeks ago updating the community on the status and additions to the development branch, I thought I'd see about doing another CUP Dev Update post. I had a bit of apprehension for doing it again seeing as I'm a tester (the lowest rung on the CUP team ladder, so to speak), but senior team members had no objection last time and some even asked me to do it again. So here we are!

The team has been busy the last fortnight with further new additions to CUP Weapons and CUP Units. Vehicles and Terrains have no logged changes, this time. So, here's the  big-ticket highlights

-The steady march of late 90s/early 00s USGI gear is continuing, with brand new DCU and Woodland MICH Helmets with variants (yessssssssss!), new textures for the BDU and PASGT Helmets, Folded US Wood Booniehat, Improvements to the US Woodland texture for mod-wide uniformity, and New variants of the various BDUs, all courtesy of AUTigerGrad (aka AuburnAlumni). Senior member Taro was responsible for getting most of this stuff off the ground in the first place, as well

-The Izhmash Saiga 12 has received a massive update, with a refreshed model and textures, better recoil, as well as a new 20-round drum magazine! This one comes courtesy of Urban

-The Knight's Armament M110 has received a big update to its model and materials as well, bringing it in line with the other M16-derived weapons in CUP, committed to the project by Dusin.

-We have an all-new gun for you all to try out, the Heckler & Koch G3A3 in a couple of variants with black and green furniture. They were originally donated to CUP by Toadie2K (creator of NIArms, with another credit listed to Krycek) and integrated into CUP by, once again, Dusin. Yes, he put a vertical foregrip on it. IDK, it's his thing

A couple of minor updates and additions: Improvements to the Czech Booniehat, M92 Helmets in Black, Further tweaks to the NAPA uniform textures, Black version of the LLM Mk3, New Textures for the M72 Special, improvements to several scopes (Leu VX-3, S&B PMII, PVS-10, both PAS-13s), MAC-10 Texture tweaks, and more.

Normally it would be irresponsible for me to comment on future changes and additions, but sometime this week when schedules align I'll be working with another team member to address a long-standing issue regarding the excessive weights of unarmored load-bearing vests. I had hoped to get it in this week, but things didn't turn out that way. 

You can check out all these new and updated items as well as the myriad of small improvements by subscribing to the [DEV] CUP collection on the Steam Workshop and loading it up in the launcher when you play Arma 3. The full changelog is available on the "change notes" page on the right-hand side. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

CUP Development Branch Update

Hey there, virtual soldiers! Seeing as people reacted well to my post two weeks ago updating the community on the status and additions to the development branch, I thought I'd see about doing another CUP Dev Update post. I had a bit of apprehension for doing it again seeing as I'm a tester (the lowest rung on the CUP team ladder, so to speak), but senior team members had no objection last time and some even asked me to do it again. So here we are!

The team has been busy the last fortnight with further new additions to CUP Weapons and CUP Units. Vehicles and Terrains have no logged changes, this time. So, here's the  big-ticket highlights

-The steady march of late 90s/early 00s USGI gear is continuing, with brand new DCU and Woodland MICH Helmets with variants (yessssssssss!), new textures for the BDU and PASGT Helmets, Folded US Wood Booniehat, Improvements to the US Woodland texture for mod-wide uniformity, and New variants of the various BDUs, all courtesy of AUTigerGrad (aka AuburnAlumni). Senior member Taro was responsible for getting most of this stuff off the ground in the first place, as well

-The Izhmash Saiga 12 has received a massive update, with a refreshed model and textures, better recoil, as well as a new 20-round drum magazine! This one comes courtesy of Urban

-The Knight's Armament M110 has received a big update to its model and materials as well, bringing it in line with the other M16-derived weapons in CUP, committed to the project by Dusin.

-We have an all-new gun for you all to try out, the Heckler & Koch G3A3 in a couple of variants with black and green furniture. They were originally donated to CUP by Toadie2K (creator of NIArms, with another credit listed to Krycek) and integrated into CUP by, once again, Dusin. Yes, he put a vertical foregrip on it. IDK, it's his thing

A couple of minor updates and additions: Improvements to the Czech Booniehat, M92 Helmets in Black, Further tweaks to the NAPA uniform textures, Black version of the LLM Mk3, New Textures for the M72 Special, improvements to several scopes (Leu VX-3, S&B PMII, PVS-10, both PAS-13s), MAC-10 Texture tweaks, and more.

Normally it would be irresponsible for me to comment on future changes and additions, but sometime this week when schedules align I'll be working with another team member to address a long-standing issue regarding the excessive weights of unarmored load-bearing vests. I had hoped to get it in this week, but things didn't turn out that way. 

You can check out all these new and updated items as well as the myriad of small improvements by subscribing to the [DEV] CUP collection on the Steam Workshop and loading it up in the launcher when you play Arma 3. The full changelog is available on the "change notes" page on the right-hand side. 

i love vertical foregrips!! should add a bunch of angled foregrips too and handstops! Dont care how much it lists in arsenal!

The last reply regarding this subject on this post was in 2015 so please don't hate me for asking again (4 years later)...

Are there any plans to incorporate A2 Females into A3 CUP at any point in the future?

I am also asking now because it seems that some of the previously dismissed A2 content ended up being eventually (recently) ported to A3 CUP and so perhaps there has been a change in resources on the team that would now enable CUP to include females in the future.

• Like 1

@ruff In the future, please condense quotes to what is relevant to your response. Quoting the entire thing unnecessarily clutters the thread. Thx :rthumb:

CUP Development Branch Update, 30 August 2019 (Weapons R1159, Units R528)

Well, it's that time of week, again CUPheads! More additions to the development branch. In the future, I'll avoid doing new posts for updates without any major additions or changes, but this week.... Oh boy.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to organize the necessary help to do the vest weights. Hopefully that can be done for next week. In the meantime, here's what the team has been working on for the last week:

-Urban has been working on some updates to the FN Minimi Family (M249 SAW and L110 LMG), with magazine proxy support and corresponding brand new 100rnd softbags, 200rnd softbags, updated 200rnd boxes, and finally updating the L110A1 to the L110A2, thus retiring the last of our legacy Minimi models. CBA Joint Rails muzzle support has also been added. Do be advised, classnames for the L110 have been altered and files have been rolled into the M249 PBO, so update your missions with the corresponding new British LMG gunners now, so that they're ready when it's CUPDate time!! (Note, there is a little bit of confusion regarding what exactly has been changed or moved.I've been unable to get a clarification, so take precautions and update any CUP British missions)

-Alwarren has contributed a new firearm to the project. Continuing the recent theme of PDWs, the Intratec TEC-9 is now in CUP as a semi-automatic civilian model, with its own 32-round magazine. While not really a suitable weapon for military or police forces, this new, civilian-legal firearm may find favor with those who interpret common and criminal law.... loosely.

-Dusin has worked on a couple of smaller additions this week. The M110 SASS now has Woodland and Black variants, along with corresponding VLTOR Modpod bipods, Suppressors, and a new variant with a Knight's Armament stock rather than the Magpul PRS. Next, Dusin has worked a bit on the Russian helmets, with new variants of the 6B47, with various combinations of headset, goggles, covers, and bare colors. Additionally,  the display name for the 6B46 has been altered, I believe it is now 6B47 (Plain), but I could be wrong. Last, but not least, the M68 CCO (low)'s mounting bracket has been altered to the proper QRP L-Bracket. The high version with the sloped bracket is unaltered.

-Temon has added new civilian gear, with the Racketeer clothing and Functionary (Jacket) models and color variants. A nice little addition to the civilian side of CUP

Now, this next one may either elate or enrage you depending on how you view Arsenal cluttering. As you may know, our Battledress uniforms have remained with their variants hidden to save space. I asked the creator, Taro, to add the gloved and rolled sleeves versions for the US flag DCU uniforms, since the Woodland uniforms also receive it, "for the sake of consistency, style, and freedom of choice," I said. We got into a bit of an argument... Let me make myself absolutely clear here:

I only asked for the US DCU rolled sleeves versions, not for everything

However, this seemed to make something snap inside Taro, and, well.... Here's the exact quote from the Changelog:

Taro committed rUNITSSVN524

+ Added every possible variant of BDU to the arsenal, all 180 of them. For the sake of consistency, style and freedom of choice.

(emphasis mine)

I may have been the instigator but I take no responsibility for him actually following through. Love it or hate it, we now have the most variations of the US-pattern Battledress Uniform of any mod in Arma, including DHI Uniforms and gearEnjoy? 🤪

-In addition to finally accepting his destiny as a memelord, Taro has also done a couple more minor additions, with a new version of the PASGT Helmet that can be turned into an LWH with appropriate textures, US flag versions of the Desert and OD BDUs, as well as adding some new variations of the PASGT helmet and patrol cap for consistency (specifically, ERDL Highland and Woodland-Urban Helmets, and DCU Patrol Cap), and last but not least Dirty BDU versions for those who play in the mud.

The only substantial tweak of note that doesn't involve one of the above is to the Saiga 12, specifically, its magazine capacities have been reduced from 8 to 5 and 20 to 12, as appropriate to their actual sizes. RIP Perfectly Balanced Saiga. If you want to continue memeing the crap out of everyone with a shotgun, there's always the AA-12.

You can check out all these new and updated items as well as the myriad of small improvements by subscribing to the [DEV] CUP collection on the Steam Workshop and loading it up in the launcher when you play Arma 3. The full changelog is available on the "change notes" page on the right-hand side, as usual. Thanks, and enjoy, you CUPheads!

I'm somehow gonna be blamed for this BDU shit, aren't I? 😅

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I loved the bunch of BDU's available... and also loved that you added 'AFRF' prefix to russian uniforms, so they are ordered at the beginning of CUP... thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Hey CUP team thanks for the dev update loving the new BDU's and the new M110 (my favourite rifle) \m/ \m/

• Like 1

CUP Development Branch Update, 6 September 2019 (Units r539, Weapons r1169 giggity, Terrains Core r153)

*Slowly walks past*

OH, hey there CUPerinos! Looks like it's that time of the week again, eh?
So to facilitate my work with configs, I have been promoted! I am now officially a CUP development team member glorified tester!

Spoiler

YTpSblB.gif

Unfortunately, thanks to being a freaking noob at this stuff (WHY ISN'T ANYTHING PACKING WAAAAAA), I wasn't able to finish the tweaks to the various unarmored vests until just after this week's dev branch update. Oh well. It'll be taken care of as soon as my desperate pleas for help are heard in the cool kids only section of the discord and will be in next week's build.

On the plus side, we have a bunch of fixes and a couple exciting new items! Here's the highlights

-Urban has once again been working on some more pew-pews. The OTs-14 Groza in 7.62x39mm is now in CUP, as well as a new 20rnd magazine for the existing version. They've also done some tweaks to the recoil and rate of fire of the Skorpion and Micro Uzi

-Auburn/AUTiger, being a freaking hero, has added even more new infantry gear. There are new Glasses-slot ESS GogglesNew Shemagh variantsNew goggle/shemagh combos, and, something that will go very well with your special forces units, The Crye Precision Jumpable Plate Carrier in the 4 core colors: Blacker-than-Black, Classic Olive Drab, Poopy Brown Coyote Brown, and some weird niche thing called Multicam

There's also a bunch of tweaks to existing items this time, so I'll list off the big ones

-Japanese translations have been updated for various new items thanks to Classic-san, who has been working hard at this for a long time!. 

-The AUG A1 now has proper reload animations donated to us by Toadie2k of HLC/NIArms fame, and integrated by Urban

-Certain variants of the German protection Vest now has a pistol holster with proxy courtesy of AuburnAlumni/AUTigerGrad

You can check out all these new and updated items as well as the myriad of small improvements by subscribing to the [DEV] CUP collection on the Steam Workshop and loading it up in the launcher when you play Arma 3. The full changelog is available on the "change notes" page on the right-hand side, as usual.

As for me, I'll slowly begin treading through the various configs of the various parts of CUP, seeing what i can do to make CUP more consistent with itself, logic, and Arma 3 Vanilla. For now, though, I'm gonna take a short break from contributing, just this first one has left me a little drained trying to figure out how to get pboProject to do what I want it to.

Thanks, and enjoy, CUPerinos!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

CUPACR1.png?width=1618&height=911CUPACR2.png?width=1618&height=911

"Army of the Czech Republic"

Upgrades coming in the next CUPdate  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Bob, our discord bot, is having a bit of a fit right now. I'll take care of the update post in a little while, for now, here's some more things from our Discord, showcasing some new stuff. Czech it out! *badum tssh*

This is a pretty meaty update 🙂

ACRBundesPMC.png

KSKOperator.png

20190911142650_1.jpg

Don't worry, there's a lot more inbound when Bob figures things out. CUP Dev Weapons revision 1191 is available right now, though!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

CUP Dev Branch Update 13 September 2019 (Weapons r1191, Units r569, Vehicles r1842)

Ooooooooooh boy, this is a big one. No time for cheeky intros, CUPmigos, straight into the highlights!

-I, Hvymtal, have finally managed to get my freaking vest mass edit in. All unarmored Load Bearing Equipment has had their mass reduced to levels rougly equivalent to Arma 3 default. About damn time, too. As for my other contribs: USMC, US Army, ACR Pilot vests reduced in mass to match their armor levelBAF Pilot Vests mass and armor reduced to match other pilot vestsPASGT and MBSS Carrier vests armor increased from level 1-equivalent to level 2, and RRV Delta Armor increased to level 3.

-Auburn and Urban have brought us revamped Czech Army kit, with new uniforms, vests, and weapons for you all to check out, donated to us by the ACR A3 Team

-Auburn has brought us some new German camouflage JPC variants for maximum KSK-age

-Dusin has added a bunch of new Camouflage variants of the AK-74M, PKP, and verious associated attachments, as well as overhauled M1014 donated by Purple

-Varanon has at long last completed Tanks DLC Upgrades to the Bradley Fighting Vehicles

-Taro has completed a visual and functionality overhaul of the UH-60M utilizing components from the SOCOM MH-60, as well as improving the textures for the PASGT vest and ALICE harness

-Classic-san has been gradually moving display names over to stringable, which continues this week, I assume for performance benefits? This is in addition to the ongoing Japanese localization as new things are added

And a whole lot of minor improvements under the hood. Check it out on the [DEV] CUP Steam Workshop collection!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Exciting stuff! Is there a list of missions somewhere that requires CUP but nothing else, ideally for groups of 4-10 people?

On 9/14/2019 at 7:12 PM, thirith said:

Exciting stuff! Is there a list of missions somewhere that requires CUP but nothing else, ideally for groups of 4-10 people?

Missions made for 15 players, but playable with less

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=919328329

and some older ones

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581928122

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731220598

even older

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429519467

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, thirith said:

Shameless plug: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582759285

Alwarren and my MP missions using CUP. Some need other addons, but it's noted in the actual mission's dependencies so you can filter those out. Most are for 4-12 players

• Like 2

How could I forget them, Varanon? 🙂 I have to go through them again, though; if I remember correctly, there are also a few that require mods beyond just CUP, and some seemed to be designed to be run with someone on Zeus duty.