CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

It is not allowed by the DayZ license.

Damn you BI, you are no longer the same company that made Arma 2 and made us falling in love with your games...

Just rename yourself to EA...

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

So, protecting your stuff is just as bad as micro-transactions and horrible work conditions for workers?

Sounds Legit.

Back on topic, really glad you guys are updating the US forces next, have been enjoying the overhauls so far, excellent work

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, General Kong said:

So, protecting your stuff is just as bad as micro-transactions and horrible work conditions for workers?

Sounds Legit.

Back on topic, really glad you guys are updating the US forces next, have been enjoying the overhauls so far, excellent work

Don't forget EA's legendary support for the modding community nor their diverse IP portfolio (FIFA/Madden/Star Wars/Battlefield/Same Old 2019).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, General Kong said:

Sounds Legit.

One thing is protecting your stuff (from being used outside of your community) and another is restricting something that was previously possible on your previous games and that modders have been adding to all your games all along.

For me such policy is a spit in the face of all the modders who worked just as hard as the DEVs but without getting any $$$ out of it.

It is like: You modders keep adding stuff to our games so we can sell more but if we do some cool stuff in the future you are not allowed to use it. And BTW modders please also save DayZ SA as it is failing hard.

It might not sound as bad as EA I give you that but it does sound far worst than the BIS from years before. Ironically that old BIS that wasn't blocking all its content was the far more successful one. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, danny96 said:

When you're talking about that Cold War stuff, addition of stuff like T-80 would be sweet.. I mean we have T-34, T-55 and all these beasts, but T-80 is still active AFAIK

T-80 and T-64 are still active, but both have limited usage, comparing with T-55 and T-72.

T-62 is much better choice, because it was mass prodused and wide-spread, and this tank can be equal opponent for M-60, but it would be too much hard work for CUP team to make completely new model.

I think, that it would be much better to add some modifications of T-55 and T-72. With ERA and AA Guns, like T-72B,

8a145bbcf7b792d61db2ec64d489cb1d.jpg

T-55MV and etc and etc.

2435283c2c648859d18089.jpg

Some of those modifications was already in use during Cold War in the late of 80s.

Besides, it would be really cool to add some "rebel" versions of those tanks with junk or sand bag "armor". Yeap, it would be just cosmetics, and can some variants be maked just with using AttachTo command, but it would be much easier and less buggy to have it as one unit.

siriya_saa.jpg

t_62(7).jpg

Besides, i was very happy, when CUP team added legendary MTLB. This "working horse" have a lot of official and "frontline" modifications, wich can easely (relatively, of course)  be added into the game, and, IMHO, best candidates are

ZU-23 Variant (yeap, it can be easily maked by attachTo command, but it would be better to have united unit)

MTLB-Foto-4.jpg?resize=584,326

S-8 rocket pod variant (from Mi-8/Mi-24)

scale_600

With turret from BTR-82 (GAZ Vodink already have such type of turret in the CUP Vehicles pack)

1f94918d3b7a1b9354e168fafe6.jpg

And Grad-variant.

ZbYsa7X7fRU.jpg

Almost all those variants was in common use during Soviet Aphganistan War in 80s. And in the Operation Flashpoint setting those beasts will be quite authentic, IMO

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ofp_comissar said:

T-80 and T-64 are still active, but both have limited usage, comparing with T-55 and T-72.

T-62 is much better choice, because it was mass prodused and wide-spread, and this tank can be equal opponent for M-60, but it would be too much hard work for CUP team to make completely new model.

I think, that it would be much better to add some modifications of T-55 and T-72. With ERA and AA Guns, like T-72B,

T-55MV and etc and etc.

Some of those modifications was already in use during Cold War in the late of 80s.

Besides, it would be really cool to add some "rebel" versions of those tanks with junk or sand bag "armor". Yeap, it would be just cosmetics, and can some variants be maked just with using AttachTo command, but it would be much easier and less buggy to have it as one unit.

Besides, i was very happy, when CUP team added legendary MTLB. This "working horse" have a lot of official and "frontline" modifications, wich can easely (relatively, of course)  be added into the game, and, IMHO, best candidates are

ZU-23 Variant (yeap, it can be easily maked by attachTo command, but it would be better to have united unit)

S-8 rocket pod variant (from Mi-8/Mi-24)

With turret from BTR-82 (GAZ Vodink already have such type of turret in the CUP Vehicles pack)

And Grad-variant.

Almost all those variants was in common use during Soviet Aphganistan War in 80s. And in the Operation Flashpoint setting those beasts will be quite authentic, IMO

Many modifications of T-64 and MT-LB using by Ukrainian armed forces. This is ukrainian MBT. Since MT-LB was recently added by the CUP team, there may be hope for porting some  T-64  to ARMA 3. Then at last it will be possible to create campaigns of the conflict in the Donbass with the correct set of units.

Edited by Dedmen
Images removed, Be mindful of our forum rules.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

Many modifications of T-64 and MT-LB using by Ukrainian armed forces. This is ukrainian MBT. Since MT-LB was recently added by the CUP team, there may be hope for porting some  T-64  to ARMA 3. Then at last it will be possible to create campaigns of the conflict in the Donbass with the correct set of units.

About the MT-LB, yes there are plans to add more variants like the AA version, BTR turret, and others, but no ETA.

About T-64, just because vehicle X was added it doesn't mean there is any chance that vehicle Y is added. What is required in every case is either someone MAKING the vehicle from scratch, or someone actually owning such a model that they are willing to donate to CUP. However, you MAY be lucky in a T-64, but no ETA.

• Like 3

Hello CUP team, please investigate your class tank_f inheritance.

Loading CUP Vehicles and its required dependencies removes parameters from class "tank_f" >> "sounds" >> "engine". Likely some class forward-reference without proper load-order does this by accident.

The .rpt is sadly a bit unhelpful:

Updating base class Sounds->, by CUP\TrackedVehicles\CUP_TrackedVehicles_T34\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tank_F/Sounds/ (original CUP\TrackedVehicles\CUP_TrackedVehicles_T34\config.bin)

It is not specific to the T-34. That T-34 addon simply happens to be the first in the load-order that touches on Tank_F after some other addon accidentally changed its parent. I wasn't able to locate which addon within CUP does this.

The config path "CfgVehicles" >> "Tank_F" >> "Sounds" >> "Engine" is a completely empty class when starting Arma 3 like this:

"-mod=G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CBA_A3;G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Weapons;G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Units;G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CUP Vehicles"

Starting without any mods keeps that class's content intact. Starting with just @CBA_A3 also keeps that class in tact.

Obviously messing with such high level base classes is not a good idea. 🙂

EDIT:
As requested, ticket created:
https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T3275

Edited by mondkalb
Feedback Tracker Issue linked
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello. Trying to download the dev version. It says the mod is private. What's that all about?

24 minutes ago, guidaguida said:

Hello. Trying to download the dev version. It says the mod is private. What's that all about?

Never mind. 

• Like 12

Looks like hawaii's 75th ranger mod. Nice!

Hello guys, thank you for MH-47, really nice stuff for 160Th SOAR, but I have two questions:

1) Have you plans to add Vehicle in Vehicle version of MH-47 looks like CH-47F? 

2) Have you plans to add to MH-47 fuel probe for more authentic? 

Thank you. 

The fuel probe is already available, it's an option you can enable/ disabled in the Vehicle Arsenal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

The fuel probe is already available, it's an option you can enable/ disabled in the Vehicle Arsenal.

Oh, really,  this is my failure 😓

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ulmann said:

Hello guys, thank you for MH-47, really nice stuff for 160Th SOAR, but I have two questions:

1) Have you plans to add Vehicle in Vehicle version of MH-47 looks like CH-47F? 

2) Have you plans to add to MH-47 fuel probe for more authentic? 

Thank you. 

The absence of the VIV variant is not by design, someone forgot to plug it in. Please make a ticket and we'll look into it.

I love the new scopes on dev!!! Especially how you’ve don’t it! Nightforce scopes are awesome!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 3:34 AM, ruff said:

I love the new scopes on dev!!! Especially how you’ve don’t it! Nightforce scopes are awesome!

Which scopes are you referring to? I am subscribed to the CUP weapons DEV Build and i am not seeing any new scopes other than those already added in the last CUPdate.

Did i miss something here?

I’ve mistaken it for an S&b shortdot I believe.

• Like 2

• Like 16

AWESOME!!

I could be wrong but I read a while ago that you guys are working on adding the LCAC is that right?

On 5/17/2019 at 2:29 AM, Reid236 said:

I could be wrong but I read a while ago that you guys are working on adding the LCAC is that right?

Technically it's already in, but we decided to hide it while we work on revamping/remodeling it because we were really not satisfied with the level of polish and encoding on it.

You can still access it in game, the classname is 'CUP_B_LCAC_USMC'.

• Like 2

Awesome laser and light combos in dev cup weapons! And all the colour tones you need! Keep it up!

• Like 2