CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

@Panda Pilot not all color schemes have their own classnames, you either apply them with setobjecttexture or with whatever functions the virtual garage uses to change presets.

Nice to see some US Army love! Marines needs some attention too! cheers!

• Like 2

Am I allow to retexture the interceptors to a DPM camo? or PASGT helmet w/ DPM camo? I have looked around in the Pbo and I know there is a template for the helmet. I really want some DPM equipment. If I am allowed to retexture the item, am I correct to assume that I can't publish it on the forum or steam while giving credit to the CUP team for the original content? 

21 hours ago, ShadowR4nger said:

Am I allow to retexture the interceptors to a DPM camo? or PASGT helmet w/ DPM camo? I have looked around in the Pbo and I know there is a template for the helmet. I really want some DPM equipment. If I am allowed to retexture the item, am I correct to assume that I can't publish it on the forum or steam while giving credit to the CUP team for the original content? 

Yes, you can, however you're not allowed to rip assets out of CUP and redistribute them as your own.

In other words you need to use CUP as a dependancy, rather than grabbing the PBOs you like and redistribute them in your own mod.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CUP said:

Yes, you can, however you're not allowed to rip assets out of CUP and redistribute them as your own.

In other words you need to use CUP as a dependancy, rather than grabbing the PBOs you like and redistribute them in your own mod.

Thank you for the reply, I will keep that in mind.

Hi guys. First off, a massive thanks for all the work you've put into this mod, it adds so much great stuff to ARMA. I did try looking for answers to these questions elsewhere in the thread but couldn't find them, sorry if they have already been answered.
I've been experimenting with the Anzac Frigate in a multiplayer game using KP Liberation mission files and Zeus.
Is there a way for helicopters to land on the Anzac Frigate without the ship flipping over and exploding?

Is there a way for other players to board the ship from the water or from land?

I can't seem to get the artillery computer to appear while using the 127mm cannon. I've pressed the + key several times and It just zooms in, never goes to a firing solution plotter. Is this a known issue or am I doing something stupid?

Cheers!

53 minutes ago, Storm The Gates said:

Hi guys. First off, a massive thanks for all the work you've put into this mod, it adds so much great stuff to ARMA. I did try looking for answers to these questions elsewhere in the thread but couldn't find them, sorry if they have already been answered.
I've been experimenting with the Anzac Frigate in a multiplayer game using KP Liberation mission files and Zeus.
Is there a way for helicopters to land on the Anzac Frigate without the ship flipping over and exploding?

I can't seem to get the artillery computer to appear while using the 127mm cannon. I've pressed the + key several times and It just zooms in, never goes to a firing solution plotter. Is this a known issue or am I doing something stupid?

Cheers!

No, unfortunately.

You can land on it, like you can see at the beginning of the video (sorry, for the quality).

I placed a trigger on map (anywhere), repeatable, BLUFOR PRESENT (or what you need for your scenario); area: a=80, b=80, c=30
condition:

this && {_x isKindOf "helicopter"} count thislist > 0

on Act field:

{anzac1 setVariable ["helo",_x]; [_x,false] remoteExec ["allowDamage",_x]; anzac1 allowDamage false;} forEach thislist
(here anzac1 is my frigate)

on deact:

[anzac1 getVariable ["helo",objNull], true] remoteExec ["allowDamage",(anzac1 getVariable ["helo",objNull])]; anzac1 allowDamage true

name this trigger (here trgAnzac1)

attach this trigger to the frigate:

in Anzac1 (the frigate) I added:

if (isServer) then {trgAnzac1 attachTo [Anzac1]; this setVelocityModelSpace [0,10,0]}

The velocityModelSpace was useful to make the frigate sails, even with waypoints...

NOTE: Do not disembark. Stay in helo! You have so much chance to pass overboard!

And big thanks to CUP team for this outstanding addon!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Storm The Gates said:

Cheers!

In order:

- nope, that's physx, we did our best but there's nothing else we can do

- yes and no, the ship has roadway LODs but netcode and ship movement will very much likely kill you, so you'd have to do some wizardry to make it work (in short, no)

- artillery computer has been removed in last patch, dunno if it will ever be plugged in again, we'll think about it. unfortunately it's either direct fire mode or arty computer targeting, having both combined resulted in being extremely confusing for players, and the engine doesn't adjust for ship movement. when you click on the map the firing solution is calculated instantaneously, if the ship is moving the artillery computer will not compensate for it (meaning your shots will deviate by whatever distance the ship has travelled from the moment you clicked on the map to when you fire the gun). if you're not at  a full stop or very very low speed (like 1kph) you'd have to constantly click on the map to calculate the firing solution repeatedly before each shot. we'll think about it... later.

for the record we tried to have custom destruction effects on it too but couldnt get them to work in water for some reason, as soon as the ship touched the water the fire and smoke would instantly shut down.

• Like 3

I think that the last part might be because it would be very silly for a regular vehicle to keep burning while underwater. It does make sense to disable fire and smoke when in the water, though it causes problems for stuff like the ANZAC, which isn't a very common use case, to be fair.

Yes that is true but there's no way to control when the particle is underwater and should shut off, it happens automatically as soon as the object is at waterlevel.

This is some "Final Countdown" level stuff 😉

• Like 1

Guys, I am super exited about the many changes and improvements you are continuously blessing CUP with.

The excitement is actually doubled now with the eminent release of the new Germany DLC.

Looking at the most recent advertised new features and improvements on recent patches I can't help to notice that a very high % of them relate to units, uniforms and weapons.

I now that is what excites players the most but never the less I wanted to ask:

Are there any updates planned for future updates about:

1) Adding more interiors to buildings that don't have them?

2) Improving the interiors of buildings that already have them?

Cheers

We are indeed planing on upgrading the buildings. First opening them up if possible and pimping the visual quality first. Adding interiours would we the follow up step then. The hardest part of this sadly is, finding people who have the experinece and will to take on this task. We are looking for 3D artists that want to join in for quite some time now, but there are not many around.

I hope this answers your question. If you know guys who want to help out, maybe even you, join our discord and lets have a chat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Are there any updates planned for future updates about:

1) Adding more interiors to buildings that don't have them?

2) Improving the interiors of buildings that already have them?

Cheers

Try the Open Chernarus Project:

Only problem is that AI will use a tiny fraction of the building interiors, but it works for live players:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786777307&searchtext=open+Chernarus

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, badanov said:

Try the Open Chernarus Project:

Only problem is that AI will use a tiny fraction of the building interiors, but it works for live players:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786777307&searchtext=open+Chernarus

I contacted  the author a while ago (if I don't mix this mod up with another one) but unfortunatly he rejected the idea of working together because of CUP's license.

We also looked at the original opened buildings by Augment (https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/171990-wip-buildings-of-russian-village/) this mod bases on. They were made complete open source, but unfortunatly the (technical) quality is far from our standards we use in CUP. For example the buildings are missing selections for glasses/doors and they only contain the first view LOD. Working around this is as nearly as much work as needed for 

• Like 2

Are there any plans to port or represent the weapons from CWA / OFP (like Kozlice and Rem 700) ?
Is there anyone in the team familiar with AI path through buildings? I made a ticket about most of the open resistance - arma 2 original buildings not being used by ai but don't think it's been addressed yet.

• Like 1

When you're talking about that Cold War stuff, addition of stuff like T-80 would be sweet.. I mean we have T-34, T-55 and all these beasts, but T-80 is still active AFAIK

11 hours ago, audiocustoms said:

We are indeed planing on upgrading the buildings. First opening them up if possible and pimping the visual quality first. Adding interiours would we the follow up step then. The hardest part of this sadly is, finding people who have the experinece and will to take on this task. We are looking for 3D artists that want to join in for quite some time now, but there are not many around.

I hope this answers your question. If you know guys who want to help out, maybe even you, join our discord and lets have a chat.

Thanks for your honest answer! Really looking forward to the day we see all those plans being fulfilled. 

By the way... porting buildings from DayZ SA's Chernarous Map into CUP is not an option? As you know most of the buildings in DayZ SA have detailed interiors now. And since it is possible to port things from Arma 2 into Arma 3 maybe there won't be an issue porting for other BI game (DayZ)...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danny96 said:

When you're talking about that Cold War stuff, addition of stuff like T-80 would be sweet.. I mean we have T-34, T-55 and all these beasts, but T-80 is still active AFAIK

Maybe 😶

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

By the way... porting buildings from DayZ SA's Chernarous Map into CUP is not an option? As you know most of the buildings in DayZ SA have detailed interiors now. And since it is possible to port things from Arma 2 into Arma 3 maybe there won't be an issue porting for other BI game (DayZ)...

It is not allowed by the DayZ license.

3 hours ago, danny96 said:

T-64 will be is much better