CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Funny sidenote. The… latter one will not be included in CUP for obvious reasons, but here's what I'm talking about when I refer to Dusin as a vertical grip fetishist

Spoiler

Screenshot_90.png

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Defunkt said:

Sure, it's just a CfgPatches class which is guaranteed to load last so any addon that wants to derive from the given CUP module's config only has to name this as a RequiredAddon to ensure it loads after all of the addons whose config it might want to subclass. Vanilla has the same thing in the form of load order patches for each of the DLCs. So  RequiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F_SAMs_LoadOrder"}; ensures my addon loads after all of the A3 content. So something like "CUP_Maps_LoadLast", "CUP_Vehicles_LoadLast" etc.

can be done, make a ticket for it and someone will take a look https://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Hello,

I ve some issues using the fullCrew command with CUP vehicles. It returns wrong array with some vehicles. I guess I ve to create a bug report on your bug tracker. Should I do one report for each vehicle or just one report for all vehicles?

6 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

Hello,

I ve some issues using the fullCrew command with CUP vehicles. It returns wrong array with some vehicles. I guess I ve to create a bug report on your bug tracker. Should I do one report for each vehicle or just one report for all vehicles?

make one for all vics, we've had a report of weird issues going on with some vehicles that have ffv seats but that's an engine issue and im not sure we can fix it.

6 minutes ago, CUP said:

make one for all vics, we've had a report of weird issues going on with some vehicles that have ffv seats but that's an engine issue and im not sure we can fix it.

do u have a link to that report?

It was posted a few pages back here on this thread.

• Like 1

Preamble:

Currently I'm testing all CUP vehicles for the return value of the fullCrew command.

Now I'm a bit unsure which finds I should report and which of my issues are intended by CUP devs. The reason is this report which was closed as invalid.

what I try to achieve with fullCrew is to decide if a seat is a weapon turret, a cargo seat with or without FFV or a gunner/commander/driver seat.

1. Problem:

In case of the reported Ka-52 I see no way to detect that the commander seat is not really existing and that I've not to spawn AI for it. Currently I use an ugly workaround which deletes the AI which I spawned for this seat because it is not able to embark the vehicle.

Ka-52 returned array by fullCrew (all roles and empty seats included):

Spoiler

"Ka-52"
"CUP_O_Ka52_RU"
[[B Alpha 1-2:1 (Sarogahtyp),"driver",-1,[],false],[B Alpha 1-5:1,"gunner",-1,[0],false],[<NULL-object>,"commander",-1,[1],false]]

Is there a neat way to persuade admins on your dev tracker that this is a bug?

But the problem is wider...

2. Problem:

I found that vehicles with FFV cargo seats in CUP usually return turret as role.

The problem is that I ve no way to find out if a seat with turret role is a real turret with a mounted weapon or if it is just a cargo seat with FFV.

UAZ (Open) returned array:

Spoiler

[[B Alpha 1-2:1 (Sarogahtyp),"driver",-1,[],false],[B Alpha 2-2:1,"cargo",4,[],false],[B Alpha 2-2:2,"Turret",2,[0],true],[B Alpha 2-2:3,"Turret",5,[1],true],
  [B Alpha 2-2:4,"Turret",0,[2],true],[B Alpha 2-2:5,"Turret",1,[3],true],[B Alpha 2-2:6,"Turret",3,[4],true]]

Before I do another report which gets closed as invalid I ask here if you see a solution for this without a ugly workaround just by using the fullCrew command.

This is what returns both cargo and FFV. It's not CUP, the way Arma 3 does FFV is by making them into turrets.

_crewCargoAndFFV = fullCrew [_veh, "", false] select {_x select 1 == "cargo" || _x select 4} apply {_x select 0};

• Thanks 1

FFV slots ARE turrets, nothing wrong there, that's how the game works. 🙂

Also service announcement: we'll be releasing a major patch in the next 24hrs!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, taro8 said:

This is what returns both cargo and FFV.

20 minutes ago, CUP said:

FFV slots ARE turrets, nothing wrong there, that's how the game works.

Ok, thy guys. I misunderstood this. I ll find a solution elsewhere then.

21 hours ago, CUP said:

FFV slots ARE turrets, nothing wrong there, that's how the game works. 🙂

Also service announcement: we'll be releasing a major patch in the next 24hrs!

Done, now we need the changelog :)

• Like 1

A New CUPDate is here!

7nxamYx.jpg

We're proud to announce that we have just released a new patch for our mod!

Even though not much time has passed since the last CUPDate, a lot of work went into the mod this past few months so we decided to share the progress we made with the community.
So what's new you ask?
First off we have replaced some of our weapon and accessory models with new, improved models that look much much better.
So we salute you, SVD Dragunov, being retired after some 15 years of service into Arma!
But that's not all, on top of this we're adding four new guns: the AS-VAL and SR-3M assault rifles, PP-19 Vityaz SMG and the M16A1 assault rifle! The new russian blasters come in several different variants to fit your taste depending on whether you're an old school purist or a picatinny rails lover.
Since we're on the subject of Russian guns, we can move on to Russian units as well: Russian troops now have updated uniforms and vests to better represent their Arma2 counterparts, and on top of that new Ratnik gear (courtesy of Massi!) has been added to give an even bigger choice.
Next off we have given both Sahrani Liberation Army and Takistani Army units a makeover, they now feature much improved gear to go along the new AK models we added in the previous patch, also PMC units now feature three additional uniforms and we've added a pair of very unique glasses.
Finally, two splendid new vehicles have been added, even though we missed April's fools by only a few days it's not too late to play FArma with the new Tractors.
This brings the list of missing A2 vehicles to just 11, so we're finally seeing the finish line on the horizon.
As usual the patch brings fixes and tweaks to the mod as well.
Most significantly we've made some more progress with Tanks DLC upgrades, as now the BMP-3 and T-55 feature an advanced damage model, weapons animations have been tweaked, most ATGMs should now have proper flight behavior without spinning out of control.
You can read our lengthy changelogs for all the juicy details here: http://cup-arma3.org/download

Imgur gallery:

https://imgur.com/a/bPURTXy

We're closing this CUPREP with a service announcement: our DEV versions, previously available only to a special tester group, will now be publicly available through Steam.
These special DEV versions are built weekly the night across Thursday and Friday around 1AM CET and they are a snapshot of the current internal version of the mod.
This allows you to access fixes and new content whenever it's added, but it also comes with the drawback that things might break more often and initial builds of new content might have issues.
As usual if you find issues you're welcome to create a ticket on our feedback tracker and we'll take a look when we have time: https://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Bye for now!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 19

Question:

Now we have laser + flashlight.

How do we switch between them?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Question:

Now we have laser + flashlight.

How do we switch between them?

CBA hotkeys

Even the Altis farmers will appreciate having something other than a broken combine harvester!

• Like 1

@CUP,

Who can i speak to regarding the dummy South Asia terrain code thats causing CUP Terrains to conflict with the South Asia terrain port i have been dev'ing?

Thanks.:)

34 minutes ago, CUP said:

CBA hotkeys

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

@CUP,

Who can i speak to regarding the dummy South Asia terrain code thats causing CUP Terrains to conflict with the South Asia terrain port i have been dev'ing?

Thanks.:)

hop on our discord

https://discord.gg/0WqE6NaD5yIGLBk1

Why do you guys always update the good stuff while I'm at work? Thanks for the CUPdate!

• Like 1