CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Quick question guys:

Does the CUP buildings feature the door handles that regular arma 3 buildings have?  (the ones that if the door is locked play an animation like forcing the door but it won't open) 

Because I am doing an horror mission that requires this as a part of the immersion and I am planning on using a CUP map for the mission but that is a very important feature I need.

Thanks for all your amazing work by the way!

2 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Door handles are a part of the door handles mod.

🙄

I was being serious! 😓

This really means the difference between me using CUP maps or vanilla maps for my mission. 

20190315110204_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

"Colonel Aziz arrives in Feruz Abad to inspect his troops."

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

hello guys,

do you plan to add the optic EOTech 552 + G33 Magnifier?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, Wiki said:

hello guys,

do you plan to add the optic EOTech 552 + G33 Magnifier?

Thanks

maybe

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, Chairborne said:

maybe

🙂 🙂 🙂

7 hours ago, deathwatch4 said:

Any chance the U.S. Army?Russian factions will receive a similar face lift?

Eventually, yes. Russians will get new equipment in the upcoming Cupdate (courtesy of Massi), and US Army faction will eventually receive a facelift too.

No ETA though.

• Like 5

I am so happy you guys have finally nuked that butt-ugly steel helmet from OA, I have no idea why BIS thought that model was acceptable!

New SLA dudes look pretty swanky too - not a huge fan of the camo vests, though. Have you thought about giving them the Type-56-2s you've got instead of regular AKSs? Would give them a bit more personality, IMHO.

More tweaks being made to Russian units as we begin wrapping things up for the next patch!

20190323014021_1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, biggerdave said:

I am so happy you guys have finally nuked that butt-ugly steel helmet from OA, I have no idea why BIS thought that model was acceptable!

New SLA dudes look pretty swanky too - not a huge fan of the camo vests, though. Have you thought about giving them the Type-56-2s you've got instead of regular AKSs? Would give them a bit more personality, IMHO.

thats something we havent considered yet

Any idea why I'm getting this floating ceiling light issue on the CUP LHD? Only mods used are CBA and CUP (Weapons, Units, Vehicles). Thanks.

235F692F8D0451DCB189510328B4482EF813CEDD

The next patch is only a few days away and its gonna come with a lot of great new content. 🙂

20190324163803_1.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Finally AS VAL in CUP) You guys made an incredible breakthrough in terms of weapons! Really! Any changes in weapon sounds?

How many new and/or improved things can you find in these screenshots?

Spoiler

6C8605598C73E1D89156664F273749134EC151B7

EE171BA092269E7F2A37E40FCAF98FAA2CA2E08A

7FC72A87DFA09428ED7D1EEDB4925D59F24C910A

Answers

Spoiler

1:
-Oakley specs' lenses made wider
-Flag-free overwhites
-Facemasks with specs (Also: Facemasks+black specs and PRR headset, PRR headset glasses slot, PRR+specs)
-New wide-stitch beanies with or without headphones, based on BI texture
-New Aimpoint CompM2 models for the M68 CCO (high Angled riser and low L-Bracket are available, in several new colors. L-bracket does not play nice with M16 unfortunately)

-New retextures of the PEQ-15 in black and olive, PEQ-15 + flashlight model using modified XM8/Surefire M900 light (Top mount currently shown, recommended for non-GL M16/M4)

-Functional combination light/lasers for Rifles and Pistols (PEQ-15+Flashlight and LLM MkIII for primaries, Insight M3X for pistols)

-Not sure if it was this or last version: New M9 textures and firing "flip" animation as per BI handguns (along with several other pistols)

2:

-M16A1 (Also: XM16E1 and Model 727 "M16A2 Carbine")

-Reworked SSh-68 helmets for SLA and Takistan (shoutout to Auburnalumni aka @autigergrad)

-New M-88 Khaki texture for Russian-pattern field uniform

3: 

-Reworked textures for Gorka windproof uniforms

-New SVD Model and textures

-KZRZP suppressor for AKs

-PEQ-15 + Flashlight (side-by-side currently shown)

-PP-19-01 Vityaz in several versions

-New PSO-1 and PSO-3 dovetail optics without rubber eye relief spacers (Also: AK mount for -1, PSO-1-1 for 9x39mm and 7.62x39mm weapons)

-New VSR-98 (aka Flora) textures for Russian-pattern field uniform (also: Flora 6b3 w/ M23 vests, VSR-93 uniforms)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

These are awesome! I'm really looking forward to this update.

Any chance we might see some M1 helmets without the cigarette packs?

@sputnik monroe Not in this patch. I'll add a wishlist ticket to the dev tracker for ya!

• Thanks 2

Couple more for ya showing off a recent new addition that came in juuuuust before the ending of new data being added that really helps round out the 80s/90s USSOCOM basics, courtesy of team member and verified vertical-foregrip-fetishist Dusin! Also showing off a couple more items both old and new. There's also another new addition near the business end Pre-RIS AR15s that our AKs have been enjoying since last version. 

4354C7ACD6DA95E993498649F169B7D2C44A37AF

A better look at the Oakley specs' improved and much more natural-looking lens width on SSgt Kirby here, as well as the gorgeous CompM2 (Courtesy of aTacticalError with additional textures by @Alwarren and Dusin), and what's that I see on the trigger pack of that "M16A2 Carbine?"

5A5FE47A8C69F545A56EF2C690B2E9348646726E

Only the 727 for this version, no XM4s or RO777 M4s for now

• Like 12

On 3/29/2019 at 9:55 AM, CUP said:

The next patch is only a few days away and its gonna come with a lot of great new content.

It's possible such a thing already exists and has escaped my notice but if not I wonder if you'd consider adding 'Load Order' patches to each CUP component (so it's easy to derive from the CUP config tree).

On 3/29/2019 at 12:16 PM, Disgusting_Man said:

Finally AS VAL in CUP) You guys made an incredible breakthrough in terms of weapons! Really! Any changes in weapon sounds?

no not yet

10 hours ago, deathwatch4 said:

The more you guys tease the more I can't wait!

Also, any plans for other T-72 variants?

whenever we'll have the time, we're almost done with all the vehicles from a2

5 hours ago, Defunkt said:

It's possible such a thing already exists and has escaped my notice but if not I wonder if you'd consider adding 'Load Order' patches to each CUP component (so it's easy to derive from the CUP config tree).

could you elaborate a bit more on this? what do you mean exactly?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CUP said:

could you elaborate a bit more on this? what do you mean exactly?

Sure, it's just a CfgPatches class which is guaranteed to load last so any addon that wants to derive from the given CUP module's config only has to name this as a RequiredAddon to ensure it loads after all of the addons whose config it might want to subclass. Vanilla has the same thing in the form of load order patches for each of the DLCs. So  RequiredAddons[] = {"A3_Data_F_SAMs_LoadOrder"}; ensures my addon loads after all of the A3 content. So something like "CUP_Maps_LoadLast", "CUP_Vehicles_LoadLast" etc.

• Like 2