CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I want to report few bugs with newest update  

1 St one is T90 turret armor. When you turn turret kontakt 5 bricks stay in place 

2 St bug is non fuctional cannon on KA-52 its here but you cant use it not as pilot not as gunner 

3 St is weird M1 Abrams and M113  color in desrt camoflague. 

4 St black and green wariants of M416 have stock of desert one

I Enjoy your work its nice to see mod in modern settings that dont ruin yours FPS. (meh RHS)

PS im happy for fix of 600KPH Apache gunship 

24 minutes ago, comraderegan said:

1 St one is T90 turret armor. When you turn turret kontakt 5 bricks stay in place 

2 St bug is non fuctional cannon on KA-52 its here but you cant use it not as pilot not as gunner 

I Enjoy your work its nice to see mod in modern settings that dont ruin yours FPS. (meh RHS)

Bug tracker https://dev.cup-arma3.org/

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, comraderegan said:

tickets go in the feedback tracker, if you put them here we'll most likely ignore them or forget about them as we dont check the forums often https://dev.cup-arma3.org/

On 1/30/2019 at 3:41 PM, godor2008 said:

How does GBU12 work on AV-8B Harrier II ? It should be only laser-guided, but works as radar-guided.

In Editor I placed several vehicles, then when flying in harrier with radar on I press R/T to lock that vehicle, then switch to GBU12 and when near target I release bomb and it direct hits target. I did not switched laser and did not use pilot camera LCtrl+RMB. Should not it work as on vanilla jet where you have to lock laser on target and bomb will hit laser and not vehicle ?

the harrier can also scan the ground for IR targets, not just radar, odds are that's what the GBUs are locking on, i think vanilla GBU12 do that as well

On 2/4/2019 at 9:08 PM, comraderegan said:

Oh and do you still remember Pandur IFV for AČR? 

yes

• Like 1

Could you make some menu item to make helos become invizable to ground vehicles for 5 min?  Thank you.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, john111 said:

Could you make some menu item to make helos become invizable to ground vehicles for 5 min?  Thank you.

For what reason...? 

If I can get a special WP that makes it possible to add a speed cap @ 5 miles/h for a helicopter and a ability to add a radar altimeter setting of 5-10 meters,I think I can make the helicopters fly N.O.E to a ambush point at a height of below treetop level.

I will need that invisibility to escape the radar for 5,10 minutes to reach an ambush point and using Data Link,find AA before they can find and shoot first.

In PvP matches radars may not be used or older types of vehicles won`t have them.

Then one may be able to Recce or direct troops as the real thing.

Like a speed limiter,only set to 3 miles/h and with a terrain obstacle avoidance radius set to maybe 150 m ,ai could fly there .

But then I will need to stay off radar until I reach a WP and shoot at AAA first with Top Down Attack Profile.To get in range .

If I can`t get in range and stay off radar for enough time and go high,I run risk with Pooks Sams and Pandur cannons as enemies .  If i use Vehicle Spawner I can load it with Firewill`s ECM Pod and whatever and so shoot and scoot.

I could take on the mission of ferry JTAC around in PvP matches. If "Stay out of sight-stay out of mind" can work they could hear me,not see me .  If it`s a 2035 setting ,maybe I could get some script that lowers the sound with 50% I can pretend it`s Blue Thunder or Airwolf.

We get laser rockets so we could use a hidden Jtac but we will have to get him out of danger,I`ve got 2 minutes with the ECM Pod and need to stay hidden ,maybe some thing that lower the Spotting and commanding skills if I`m inside a 3x3 km distance with a trigger and mechanic that follows the helo.

If I could get a Slider-type control mechanic to set altitude, I think I will be able to by making 3 WP that figures out the AOA and the rate of decent in meters per second to fly down a hill at 10m and keep that altitude and smoothly end up at 10m at WP 3 at ground level.

But then I will need that WP type.It should keep that altitude no matter what.It should give the command UP whenever it flies 1 meter below 10m AGL.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=yJaTyJi3&id=4DFC8BA7F20F02E1076106FDF8C702AA145389B7&thid=OIP.yJaTyJi3JJDyh_7I-6_UgwHaFl&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi631.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu38%2Fkilomuse%2FHelicopters%2FBO105PPAH-1antiankhelicopterswithHO.jpg&exph=604&expw=800&q=BO-105+Gunship+low+and+slow+flight&simid=608008312217665963&selectedindex=466&cbir=sbi&ajaxhist=0&vt=0

• Haha 1

Ain't gonna happen.  You ask all sorts of engine-related questions of a mod. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, john111 said:

Then one may be able to Recce or direct troops as the real thing.

What you are asking there is mission-specific scripting, and has nothing to do with CUP. Just write the scripts yourself.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2016 at 4:11 PM, OMAC said:

That sounds very similar to a problem I had with BMP-1 and BMP-2 not moving in some circumstances after additional cargo slots for units sitting on rear deck were added in Vehicles 1.3.  See this ticket:

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1367

Hi there,

first to say, I´m really sorry for digging this out - but it still seems to be a problem (at least for me).

Already checked the above mentioned ticket, which is meanwhile labeled as solved, but I cannot see it working yet 😞

So cool, playing all that "old stuff", enjoying Kulgojev right now after years but that possible bug bites me hard right now.

I really would apreciate any help solving this or pointing me to a workaround as I could not find one..

Which vehicles are you having issues with? An explanation on how to reproduce would help, fell free to update the ticket in our feedback tracker.

• Like 1

Just wanted to stop by and say how impressed I am by the state of this mod.

I love the work you gals and guys did, keep on rockin' ! 

One question however: I know that you have an immense workload going on, and asking for something is not the nicest thing to do, but do you think that in the future the Osprey Mk4 body armor could see a generic variant? One without the Union Jack? Reason behind it is, that I've switched my AAF to carry your M4s and currently Osprey MK3 body armor. Looks cool, and fits the lore, but the MK4 would of course be even nicer. If you say "no" however, then they'll have to make due with thte MK3 :D

I just have to say it again: this mod is one the most outstanding pieces of community labour I've seen. Thanks for your continued dedication to Arma

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Which vehicles are you having issues with? An explanation on how to reproduce would help, fell free to update the ticket in our feedback tracker.

Hi Chairborne,

thanks for your response. Sry I went not much in further details. It is ecaxtly as described in here -> http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1367

So I´m having a squad with 4 BMP2s of the AFRF-Fraction, filled with Soldiers and the AI-Leader sitting in the first BMP2 of that convoy (by "this moveincargo BMP01a") with waypoints across Kulgojev, but the convoy does not start its tour 😞

Once I had the same problem with some RHS-BMPs and BMDs, which I got rid of by their attribute-option to "disable external mount", so I had a dejavü somehow.

"Add "[this] orderGetIn true;" to squad leader's init field." as stated in T1367 also did not help me, but that might be my unability..

1 hour ago, flv*venom* said:

Just wanted to stop by and say how impressed I am by the state of this mod.

I love the work you gals and guys did, keep on rockin' ! 

One question however: I know that you have an immense workload going on, and asking for something is not the nicest thing to do, but do you think that in the future the Osprey Mk4 body armor could see a generic variant? One without the Union Jack? Reason behind it is, that I've switched my AAF to carry your M4s and currently Osprey MK3 body armor. Looks cool, and fits the lore, but the MK4 would of course be even nicer. If you say "no" however, then they'll have to make due with thte MK3 😄

I just have to say it again: this mod is one the most outstanding pieces of community labour I've seen. Thanks for your continued dedication to Arma

not sure i understand where the problem is, cant the models be retextured? or is the flag embedded in the materials?

12 minutes ago, straubinger82 said:

Hi Chairborne,

thanks for your response. Sry I went not much in further details. It is ecaxtly as described in here -> http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1367

So I´m having a squad with 4 BMP2s of the AFRF-Fraction, filled with Soldiers and the AI-Leader sitting in the first BMP2 of that convoy (by "this moveincargo BMP01a") with waypoints across Kulgojev, but the convoy does not start its tour 😞

Once I had the same problem with some RHS-BMPs and BMDs, which I got rid of by their attribute-option to "disable external mount", so I had a dejavü somehow.

"Add "[this] orderGetIn true;" to squad leader's init field." as stated in T1367 also did not help me, but that might be my unability..

i'll take a look, but considering this hasn't been an issue for a long time i suspect the problem is elsewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply Chairborne.

Well, I was just curious, if something like that was planed or possible. I admit, I didn't spend time thinking about doing it myself. It's just that I am a bit shy doing more than config based changes to addons. But  if it's okay with you, since it would most likely be for personal use only, I might give a retexture a shot.

23 hours ago, Chairborne said:

i'll take a look, but considering this hasn't been an issue for a long time i suspect the problem is elsewhere.

I do think this is a vanilla AI issue, since I can reproduce similar behavior with just vanilla units and no addons loaded. See here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127995

On 2/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, flv*venom* said:

Thanks for the quick reply Chairborne.

Well, I was just curious, if something like that was planed or possible. I admit, I didn't spend time thinking about doing it myself. It's just that I am a bit shy doing more than config based changes to addons. But  if it's okay with you, since it would most likely be for personal use only, I might give a retexture a shot.

all gear should be retexturable, so you can make your own mod relying on cup and using different textures for your own faction. that's one of the objectives of CUP, a single centralized mod users can use to make additional content of their own

• Like 8

On 2/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, Alwarren said:

I do think this is a vanilla AI issue, since I can reproduce similar behavior with just vanilla units and no addons loaded. See here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127995

Hello Alwarren,

and thank you for participating in this. Not recognized this, cause everytime I put a group in a vehicle, I put the leader in first by "this moveincargo Vehicle". But what I also forgot to mention is, when I put a group in a already crewed CUP-BMP2 of the AFRF by using "moveincargo" in each units init, the first few take seat in the bmp, while the last few are taking seat on the external mount, despite there are still free seats in the bmp which are seemingly not possible to be occupied by my group. *confused* This is also something I had witnessed with some RHS-BMPs and BMDs. So you basically loose transport-potential somehow. *wired*

Sorry for potentially not getting the whole problem behind that and still having no clue what to do to make it work.

So as we gave RACS a facelift in the last CUPdate, it's only fair that we do the same for their enemies to the North.

SLA revamp incoming.

20190311150925_1.jpg?width=1618&height=920190311001257_1.jpg?width=1618&height=920190311142845_1.jpg?width=1618&height=920190311152046_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Heh, we moustache-havers are very authoritative people as you can see in those pictures above.

Amazing stuff, really.  The milicia is an especially nice touch!

20190312223929_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

"Viva La Revolucion!"

Revamped CUP SLA Partisans   

(coming soon to a Sahrani battlefield near you)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

SLA is not the only CUP Faction receiving a facelift in the next CUPdate.

20190313210636_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4