CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Discovered that CUP CH47s When used with the virtual  supply drop modules seem to have no crew since update. They did work previous, but now just fall out of the sky?

The ERDL pattern on its respective headgear seems a bit small , just something I noticed, by the way I love your new flak vests, and I hope maybe one day a revised m1 helmet with chinstrap :f:

On 2019/1/2 at 11:44 PM, Damian90 said:

No problem, always glad to help with informations for entire Arma community. :)

Hi @Damian90, could you please give some suggestions on this ticket please?

https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T2748

I thought you are so professional on the armored vehicles! Thanks a lot!

On 5.1.2019 at 1:11 AM, Wiki said:

BTW, the new HK416 are a nice addition, however none of them have the standard stock - only custom ones.

Do you plan to add standard models or not?

No plans at the time. These guns were donated by Massi, and we included them as-is.

On 5.1.2019 at 1:11 AM, Wiki said:

Also, do you plan to add AOR 1 camo in the future?

To what?

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

No plans at the time. These guns were donated by Massi, and we included them as-is.

Ok :)

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

To what?

Hum, maybe as US SF camo?

As for now, SF and regular units have the same outfits.

I'm no experts in US miliatry, but I find it a bit... strange that they have the same camo / outfit.

That was just a thought though.

Right now there aren't really any SF uniforms appropriate for that sort of thing, for anybody. Perhaps the FROGs could be repurposed, but I would personally rather see a bespoke uniform for that sort of thing. 

I do think development is approaching the point where MCCUUs and ACUs need some attention, though. Hopefully the team agrees. Along with Chedaki and SLA they're the oldest ones in terms of how long the uniforms have gone without new stuff or a touch-up, and Chedaki just got some texture touch-ups on the latest dev build.

Edit: There was a set of Army combats coming and the PMC IOTV was originally supposed to be for that as well, but they've apparently been delayed and release date is "eventually"

Sadface :sad_o:

On 6.01.2019 at 3:34 AM, HBAOplus said:

Hi @Damian90, could you please give some suggestions on this ticket please?

https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T2748

I thought you are so professional on the armored vehicles! Thanks a lot!

Indeed you are right on this subject. In RHS we do not have M1A2SEPv2 with M153 CROWS-2 (yet) but in general CROWS optics look like this:

1x magnification day channel, 4.3x magnification thermal channel, 12.5x magnification thermal channel, 15x magnification day channel, 30x magnification day channel.

I think the same goes for M151 CROWS as well. In general @HBAOplus I think you should take peek at RHS when it comes to vehicle optics and FCS, as we always try to keep is as realistic as it's possible in arma engine.

@CUP Hope this information will also be usefull.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wiki said:

Hum, maybe as US SF camo?

As for now, SF and regular units have the same outfits.

I'm no experts in US miliatry, but I find it a bit... strange that they have the same camo / outfit.

No real plans for that, no.

20 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

No real plans for that, no.

Ok thanks for the answer ;)

WHO HAS MADE THE NEW AK SERIES?  is a stunning work!  i hope that SVD will have a same treatment....

(to me the wood handguard on ak 74 is too shiny)

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Indeed you are right on this subject. In RHS we do not have M1A2SEPv2 with M153 CROWS-2 (yet) but in general CROWS optics look like this:

1x magnification day channel, 4.3x magnification thermal channel, 12.5x magnification thermal channel, 15x magnification day channel, 30x magnification day channel.

I think the same goes for M151 CROWS as well. In general @HBAOplus I think you should take peek at RHS when it comes to vehicle optics and FCS, as we always try to keep is as realistic as it's possible in arma engine.

@CUP Hope this information will also be usefull.

That's very kind of you, thank you for the info!

guys, is it possible to open the rear hatch of the IFV (Bradley, AAV-7A1 and LAV-25)?

I checked the config file but didn't see anything.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Wiki said:

guys, is it possible to open the rear hatch of the IFV (Bradley, AAV-7A1 and LAV-25)?

I checked the config file but didn't see anything.

Thanks

IIRC These hatches are connected to the "turn out" of the FFV positions associated with them, i.e. if you sit in the FFV positions of the LAV-25 and turn out, the hatches will open.

7 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

IIRC These hatches are connected to the "turn out" of the FFV positions associated with them, i.e. if you sit in the FFV positions of the LAV-25 and turn out, the hatches will open.

Hum that's not what I meant, sorry.

Is there a possibility to open the rear doors of the vehicles with the command "this animatedoor xxx"?

On 11.1.2019 at 11:27 PM, Wiki said:

Hum that's not what I meant, sorry.

Is there a possibility to open the rear doors of the vehicles with the command "this animatedoor xxx"?

No, there aren't any animations for this. If you feel like it you can add a ticket to the issue tracker asking for this, but there's no promise when that will happen (if at all).

8 hours ago, Alwarren said:

No, there aren't any animations for this. If you feel like it you can add a ticket to the issue tracker asking for this, but there's no promise when that will happen (if at all).

Nah, I won't give you more work.

It was just a question, I was just wondering if I missed something or if it was not implemented.

Thanks for the answer ;)

Any possibility of adding the ability to "re-skin" the LHD?  What I mean by that is in the editor, giving the option to choose the LHD number that appears on the tower and the flight deck?  That way you can have 2 LHDs placed without both of them being the Khe Sahn (ie  LHD-1 is the Wasp, 7 is the Iwo Jima, etc)?  TeTeT did something similar with the Nimitz, allowing you change the number on the tower and deck so it represents the other Nimitz class carriers.  Just a suggestion.

Are you planning to return Artillery computer to ANZAC class?

It is regrettable that cooperative missions with ground forces can not be done in the current version.

• Like 1

On 20/1/2019 at 6:14 PM, oom-7 said:

Are you planning to return Artillery computer to ANZAC class?

It is regrettable that cooperative missions with ground forces can not be done in the current version.

engine doesnt allow us to do both direct fire and arty computer, so we had to choose.

we could maybe cook something up with a laser designator though.

If I had to choose, I'd rather make it arty-only. It's the same argument I've made for the USS Liberty destroyer's gun while it was on dev branch. 5 inch guns in ArmA are most useful for shore bombardment, and, especially in absence of OPFOR naval assets, have limited utility otherwise. A situation in which you're picking off tanks on the shore with direct fire is a rare one, and against small boats the gun is overkill.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CUP said:

engine doesnt allow us to do both direct fire and arty computer, so we had to choose.

we could maybe cook something up with a laser designator though.

I think that a 5 inch gun should emphasize indirect fire.
Direct fire is possible with CIWS.

Currently the practicality of the unit seems suspicious.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, oom-7 said:

I think that a 5 inch gun should emphasize indirect fire.
Direct fire is possible with CIWS.

Currently the practicality of the unit seems suspicious.

engine weirdness doesn't allow us to do much. for example the artillery computer doesn't compensate for vehicle movement, meaning that if you're cruising at any speed the shell will go off target without you knowing it, that was one reason why we removed it.

The content page of CUP tells me to Check out the Content Showcase to view all CUP Weapons/units/vehicles.

http://cup-arma3.org/content

So where can I find the Content Showcase?

How does GBU12 work on AV-8B Harrier II ? It should be only laser-guided, but works as radar-guided.

In Editor I placed several vehicles, then when flying in harrier with radar on I press R/T to lock that vehicle, then switch to GBU12 and when near target I release bomb and it direct hits target. I did not switched laser and did not use pilot camera LCtrl+RMB. Should not it work as on vanilla jet where you have to lock laser on target and bomb will hit laser and not vehicle ?

20 hours ago, HBAOplus said:

The content page of CUP tells me to Check out the Content Showcase to view all CUP Weapons/units/vehicles.

http://cup-arma3.org/content

So where can I find the Content Showcase?

Uh... http://cup-arma3.org/content ?

It shows a couple of random items. Reload the page for more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1