CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

This is inherent to the way Arma 3 handles ammo, at least as I understand it from the player end. Easy workaround: get a bigger backpack, select the launcher you want, remove the additional ammo so it doesn't "override" anything you want in your bag, and switch back to your desired bag

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bars91 said:

The CDF pattern of "soviet 3-color" inspired camo is way too small and over-saturated.

I have a set of original Ukrainian "dubok" camo (same as default CDF camo in A2) and it's way less saturated even by default.

The CDF uses a more or less fantasy camo, for example the Winter colors are not based on any real camo pattern. I don't see the issue with that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

I don't see the issue with that.

I'm using them all the same functionally so not a gamebreaker.

It's just that they now look more like airsofters wearing just bought clean chinese cheap gear rather then being actual combatants.

22 hours ago, taro8 said:

The gunner sight position was something that went unnoticed until yesterday TBQH, sadly it didn't make it into the update. Thaks for the info about the loadout will see about adjusting it.
As for the M240 for the loader it might be a bit difficult as it would require changing the model and such, but the biggest issue is that you cannot prevent a turned in unit from firing an MG without creating a whole host of new problems. Also our M1A1 does not have a loader seat at all, just gunner, driver and commander. Loader is pretty much a dead weight in Arma as he serves nor purpose, kinda like the copilot. But well see.

Great, I will also have some more suggestions later, especially considering M1A2, but I need some more time to prepare these. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

The CDF uses a more or less fantasy camo, for example the Winter colors are not based on any real camo pattern. I don't see the issue with that.

There ain't an issue with me.  The pattern is great.

8 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I respectfully disagree about the quality of the CDF textures, and I am quite surprise you would mention those but not the Russians which are identical except for the specific camo pattern. The SLA are indeed still the Arma 1 models IIRC and would be next in line for an overhaul. The Chedaki are mostly the Arma 2 models, and would do well with an overhaul.

I mean jackets on chedaki units, they differ from pants lower quality textures. Russian motorrifle troops wearing uniform with VDV insignia and red beret (wearing by special forces), which is not right. And of course flora camo is not flora camo :-)

12 hours ago, Wiki said:

Sry for double post, can't edit message.

So yes, if the soldier has no ammo in his inventory, the  M72 or M136 will have no rocket.

It's kinda annoying, as if I gear up the soldier with it, there should be a rocket inside the launcher.

It forces me to give the soldier a backpack and ammo inside.

Can this issue be looked at?

that's just arma 3 behavior, its been like this since forever, probably in previous games too.

ace3 fixed it with preloaded single use launchers though.

14 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

that's just arma 3 behavior, its been like this since forever, probably in previous games too.

ace3 fixed it with preloaded single use launchers though.

found a solution:

add backpack + ammo

put "removebackpack this" in the init field of the unit

when game is launched, the soldier will have his launcher loaded and no more backpack :)

• Like 1

Great update to a great mod!

I have a problem, though. I put myself as a CUP pilotin the editor and place MH47 and some Littlebirds on the airfield. When I try to enter the choppers as pilot, I get thrown out with a message saying "You have to be a pilot to enter this vehicle". What am I missing here? 

yea its some other mod or custom mission you're using, we definitely dont do anything of the sorts.

6 hours ago, jonstyle said:

Great update to a great mod!

I have a problem, though. I put myself as a CUP pilotin the editor and place MH47 and some Littlebirds on the airfield. When I try to enter the choppers as pilot, I get thrown out with a message saying "You have to be a pilot to enter this vehicle". What am I missing here? 

It's MCC screwing with you, so no CUP issue.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:24 PM, Wiki said:

Sry for double post, can't edit message.

So yes, if the soldier has no ammo in his inventory, the  M72 or M136 will have no rocket.

It's kinda annoying, as if I gear up the soldier with it, there should be a rocket inside the launcher.

It forces me to give the soldier a backpack and ammo inside.

Can this issue be looked at?

Use the following to give the unit a loaded weapon without needing to add the magazine to the unit's inventory.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addSecondaryWeaponItem

unit addWeapon "weaponClassName";
unit addSecondaryWeaponItem "magazineClassName";

or

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addWeapon

[unit, "weaponClassName", 1, "magazineClassName"] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;

4 hours ago, audiocustoms said:

It's MCC screwing with you, so no CUP issue.

Yeah, audiocustom is right... MCC now has an automatic option for locking vehicles depending on ranks and  classes so you need to go to esc>options>addon options> MCC> unlock vehicles (cus even if you´re a pilot, MCC doesn´t acknowledges your pilot status, unless you enable roles and choose pilot on MCC)

I had the same issue and thought it was ACE restriction... till I´ve stumbled upon the MCC addon options and saw the vehicle lock :dozingoff:

• Like 1

Hi, I wanna ask, does the compatibility between RHS & CUP done from CUP staffs side? I think I've got some issue to report:f:

5 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Yeah, audiocustom is right... MCC now has an automatic option for locking vehicles depending on ranks and  classes so you need to go to esc>options>addon options> MCC> unlock vehicles (cus even if you´re a pilot, MCC doesn´t acknowledges your pilot status, unless you enable roles and choose pilot on MCC)

I had the same issue and thought it was ACE restriction... till I´ve stumbled upon the MCC addon options and saw the vehicle lock :dozingoff:

Ah ok thank you for the info!

3 hours ago, HBAOplus said:

Hi, I wanna ask, does the compatibility between RHS & CUP done from CUP staffs side? I think I've got some issue to report:f:

there shouldnt be any compatibility necessary to make the two mods work together now

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

there shouldnt be any compatibility necessary to make the two mods work together now

I mean the compatibility for optics & mags. I saw Urban mentioned in his steamshop page that his compat file is now part of CUP weapons

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1340179453

and it seems Urban  is a developer of CUP. 

The CBA mag wells allow for swapping between CUP and RHS mags. The issue is that RHS magazine models are larger and clip through the gun models pretty much all the time.

8 hours ago, Chairborne said:

this thing makes me infinitely happy :) thanks to all CUP team!

is this compatibility relates to launchers too? at the moment i can report following RPG behaviour: CUP RPG is unable to load with RHS rockets. RHS RPG is able to launch CUP rockets, but they are incorrectly placed relatively to launcher when loaded.

6 hours ago, velzevul said:

this thing makes me infinitely happy :) thanks to all CUP team!

is this compatibility relates to launchers too? at the moment i can report following RPG behaviour: CUP RPG is unable to load with RHS rockets. RHS RPG is able to launch CUP rockets, but they are incorrectly placed relatively to launcher when loaded.

Rounds for M203/M320/AG36/ELGM/M79/M32 are not compat between CUP & RHS, either. Same on GP-25s on AK107-109.

Just a question which might hopefully be answered here, but I was wondering why the British factions have had their SUSATs and ELCANs taken away from them? Standard procedure is to equip every frontline or deployed soldier with them. Many thanks and loving the new camo and backpacks they got though!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ketchup0434 said:

Just a question which might hopefully be answered here, but I was wondering why the British factions have had their SUSATs and ELCANs taken away from them? Standard procedure is to equip every frontline or deployed soldier with them. Many thanks and loving the new camo and backpacks they got though!

The kit is based on their loadout in A2, where not everyone was equipped with ELCANs and SUSATs. Same goes for the USMC.

• Like 1