CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

@CUP

If I may suggest something, realism wise.

The M1A1 and M1A2 tanks need some... updating, first is the view from gunner sight, it's on the wrong side of the turret, the gunner view should be placed where gunner sight is actually placed, seen on screen below.

FDJFssG.jpg

Another issue is the ammunition loadout.

M1A1 and M1A2 series of MBT's should have:

42 120mm rounds due to new ammo racks in turret bustle (18 rounds in ready rack, 18 rounds in semi ready and 6 in hull storage).
~11.000-12.000 7.62mm rounds for coaxial and loader machine gun, so approx 10x 1200 round belts.
~1.000 12.7mm rounds for commander heavy machine gun.

I would also advise to add M240 MG model for loader in M1A1.

Cheers and keep a good work. ;)

• Like 6

The gunner sight position was something that went unnoticed until yesterday TBQH, sadly it didn't make it into the update. Thaks for the info about the loadout will see about adjusting it.
As for the M240 for the loader it might be a bit difficult as it would require changing the model and such, but the biggest issue is that you cannot prevent a turned in unit from firing an MG without creating a whole host of new problems. Also our M1A1 does not have a loader seat at all, just gunner, driver and commander. Loader is pretty much a dead weight in Arma as he serves nor purpose, kinda like the copilot. But well see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Masterful job at this point.  I have about 20 scenarios using the old Chernarus Winter map, and... there was no transition.  Completely seamless.

As an aside, I have a Utes Winter map, which originally came with the old Chernarus Winter map.  The port to A3 worked, but you had to copy a copy of the old non winter Utes map over to the Chernarus Winter folder for a winter Utes map.  I still have to keep the old Chernarus winter map to have access to the Utes map. 

One other thing;  The uniforms.  great improvement. 

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, road runner said:

Does the MH47E also come with the refuel probe version?

You can add it when you customize it :)

• Thanks 1

Also, just noticed :

The M136 and the M72 (boith version) don't have ammo when we select it.

Hence we can't use it.

If you're using ACE that's intended behavior, they're single shot non-reloadable.

1 hour ago, Chairborne said:

If you're using ACE that's intended behavior, they're single shot non-reloadable.

Nope, only vanilla + CUP package.

I always do that before reporting, to make sure there is no other mod that could break it.

Yes, I know M72 and M136 are disposable launchers.

But when I edit my soldier loadout and give him the M72 or the M136, it has no ammo to fire.

2 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Nope, only vanilla + CUP package.

I always do that before reporting, to make sure there is no other mod that could break it.

Yes, I know M72 and M136 are disposable launchers.

But when I edit my soldier loadout and give him the M72 or the M136, it has no ammo to fire.

if he doesnt have any ammo in his inventory he will spawn with the weapon unloaded

i just checked with our internal version and mags are showing up fine, i'll check with the public version too but i suspect its more likely something on your end. have you tried repairing the download through a3 launcher (assuming it was downloaded from steam ws)?

can confirm the M72 and M136 work fine with the public version too, no clue why its not working on your end but i suggest repairing/verifying the mods and check for what mods are loaded

I am very pleased with the latest update of CUP, for me this mod has moved to a new level, now weapons is made worthy and i can use it. I really hope that in the next update will be fixed the textures of SLA, CHDKZ, CDF infantry. At the moment they are too low quality.

Wow... CUP just got roundabout 1000% more sexy with this update.

The update is incredible! Night and day on the uniforms and equipment.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Happy Holidays!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chairborne said:

can confirm the M72 and M136 work fine with the public version too, no clue why its not working on your end but i suggest repairing/verifying the mods and check for what mods are loaded

Ok, gonna check out.

Yes, it was the steam ws.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, temon said:

I am very pleased with the latest update of CUP, for me this mod has moved to a new level, now weapons is made worthy and i can use it. I really hope that in the next update will be fixed the textures of SLA, CHDKZ, CDF infantry. At the moment they are too low quality.

I respectfully disagree about the quality of the CDF textures, and I am quite surprise you would mention those but not the Russians which are identical except for the specific camo pattern. The SLA are indeed still the Arma 1 models IIRC and would be next in line for an overhaul. The Chedaki are mostly the Arma 2 models, and would do well with an overhaul.

• Like 1

With the Mh47 am i missing something? as soon as i turn on the engines the rear wheels clip nto the ground and it explodes.

It's IMHO more about the saturation and "cleanness" of the uniforms rather then pure "pixel quality".

The CDF pattern of "soviet 3-color" inspired camo is way too small and over-saturated.

I have a set of original Ukrainian "dubok" camo (same as default CDF camo in A2) and it's way less saturated even by default.

After 2-3 washing cycles it already starts fading and deteriorating quickly (hence it is not being worn and kept purely for display).

The point is that there are older fish to fry. SLA is eye-bleeding bad

The 6B3 could use some love as well, I've always found it resembling more like bedsheets draped over the body like body armor rather than body armor

Yeah, i'd actually rather have A2 textures with functioning technical aspects (tracked vics especially).

The updated weapons are a godsend tho. Esp w how well they go in hand with Apex animations!

This update is leagues beyond the previous patches.

6 hours ago, WombatInCombat said:

if he doesnt have any ammo in his inventory he will spawn with the weapon unloaded

@Chairborne

Sry for double post, can't edit message.

So yes, if the soldier has no ammo in his inventory, the  M72 or M136 will have no rocket.

It's kinda annoying, as if I gear up the soldier with it, there should be a rocket inside the launcher.

It forces me to give the soldier a backpack and ammo inside.

Can this issue be looked at?