CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Absolutely, hence why we don't already have fully modeled and correctly portrayed versions of every armored fighting vehicle and variant and subvariant from 1945 to present :P

Anyhow, I'm looking forwards to using the new stuff. I've had some ideas for some scenarios regarding the Yugoslav wars and intermediate-tech forces (think Project Reality "Militia") running on an ultra-lean mod setup to play with friends, and the new late CW gear will work great. I wouldn't be surprised if that PASGT setup starts appearing in Shacktac's Vietnam ensemble as well :D

(all of these photos seem to be coming out around Christmas time... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

36acvwgce6wz.gif

On another note, would there be any intent to add carrying handle optics rails to the M16A2? They were frequently used by at least US soldiers during the 90s and early noughts before flat-top receivers became common, and even early M16s had the ability to fit optics rails. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

First of all, thank you very much for your work for the entire ARMA 3 community! The appearance in CUP MT-LB really made me think, why not move more Cold War-era content to ARMA 3? For example the Chiftein tank! It is very much lacking in ARMA 3! Most of this content is present in mods for ARMA 2 such as Project 85

Maybe because we are one Chieftain tank short of actually having a Chieftain tank?

Yeah Project 85 was a good mod but for one thing, we would need permission to convert it to Arma 3, and most of all, we need the manpower. That is currently a bit problematic, seeing e.g how many tanks are not updated to the Tanks DLC yet.

It's always nice to have more stuff, but it needs to come from somewhere.

• Like 1

@Hvymtal Carryhandle mounted optics (no flashlight/laser mounts, only on top of the carry handle, are indeed a thing for the dev version of the CUP M16A2. 

20181216095510_1.jpg

WIP faction mod I'm making one uses them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Considering the primary method of affixing lights, lasers, and such among grunts prior to picatinny rails was the use of duct tape liberated from the motor pool, I'm fine with just optics. I'd rather my LLMs be on straight xD

Man this CUPdate is really shaping up to be something, huh :)

33 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

Considering the primary method of affixing lights, lasers, and such among grunts prior to picatinny rails was the use of duct tape liberated from the motor pool...

100 mile an hour tape 4lyfe.

• Like 2

The wait is killing me. I'm messing around with loadouts for my new scenarios (and just playing soldier Barbie in general) and knowing that all this new stuff that will complete the set is coming is slightly driving me bananas, those PASGT-Vs especially, and on top of Delta Hawk's helmets...

I guess I could ask for the dev build on discord, but that feels like cheating since I absolutely do not have the time to playtest and bug hunt right now.

GAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

:yay::yay::yay:

By the way, whoever controls the CUP Team account should probably consider updating the front page. Judging by the description of CUP units it doesn't seem to have been touched since CUP's first release. Given the hopefully awesome and huge infantry gear, weapons, and factions update, it certainly wouldn't be a bad time to do so. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Consolidate forces, CUPdate inbound in T-24hrs!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CUP said:

Consolidate forces, CUPdate inbound in T-24hrs!

Cleaning off my snow shoes! (hopefully?)

• Like 6

@CUP the coincidence is fucking REAL

P.S.

Winter is coming....

Also, RIP RACS urban desert, Mech Inf, and weird-ass digital woodland, and of course old woodland. You are gone, but not forgotten

Spoiler

93D9E764476AFEF381290F3929A691745C446150

Srsly could urban desert, mech inf, and old woodland make a reappearance at some point, just for the sake of variety?

• Like 4

Its not like we deleted the old RACS textures...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even though it's still three days to go some presents can be opened early this year. And what is in these presents is a CUPdate of all our packs. And looking at the size of the changelog it seems to be
our biggest update so far.

As usual this update not only brings new stuff (and old stuff ported and upgraded from other places in the Armaverse) but also improvements on units, vehicles, weapons and units with new textures, models, animations and bugfixes.
You can read about all new stuff and improvements in the changelog for every package.

We updated our website with the 1.11 GoogleDrive and Torrent mirrors. An update to Steam Workshop will be pushed slightly delayed by a few hours to give groups, squads and server admins some time to update their mods.

https://imgur.com/a/w8IxmJV

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

If this isn't evidence that CUPSanta exists I dunno what is. Thanks to the entire CUP team!

• Like 5

Congrats on the updates and thank you very much for the xmas presents.

Awesome teamwork!

• Like 1

QMJtb1P.gif

(That's supposed to be an upvote cannon gif, but the forums don't like .gifv….)

(Whatever, here's the stupid link https://i.imgur.com/QMJtb1P.gifv)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nice update!

Steam downloaded Units and Weapons, where is Vehicles due?

When GabeN determines it's ready

Steam throttles the crap out of uploads, it will be here

1 hour ago, kerozen said:

Getting this after the update 

gIZnej.jpg

1. For referenced you have managed to report a bug with Terrains, in the Weapons/Units/Vehicles thread...

2.  Delete the "CUP Terrains Winter Sounds" PBO will solve the problem. It is not used and was not meant to be in the update.

This is definitely a great addon, kudos to all !!!

Finally, we have actual black paint for the chopper, we can make the 160th SOAR !!!

1545429815-arma-3-screenshot-2018-12-21-

A few things thoug (Yeah, I know, I'm never satisfied ahah)

- On the MH47E, would it be possible to add the option to close, level and open the ramp?

- Nice addition for the HK416. About the optics, will you add EOTech + Magnifier later? (I know, I've read too many time "No Easy Day")

- With the F-35, when there is no gun pod mounted, there is no "master arm safe" option. Hence, the bay is always opened. Can this be fixed?

1545429825-arma-3-screenshot-2018-12-21-

- Also, on the F-35, the external view is perfect. The internal view, however, is really to close:

1545429821-arma-3-screenshot-2018-12-21-

This is is "zoom out" view - which IMHO should be the "standard" view

1545429827-arma-3-screenshot-2018-12-21-

Anyway, still congrats again for this release!!!

• Like 1

Bez_nazvu1.png

After update im getting this. (CUP core, Cup maps, IFA3, CBA loaded). Can you point me if problem is in CUP or IFA3?

• Like 1