CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 10/11/2018 at 5:37 PM, pierremgi said:

Hi CUP team. Big thanks for your mods.

good job with your mission, have fun :)

• Thanks 1

The Royal Army Corps of Sahrani has received some love for the next CUPdate.  New urban, desert, woodland, and jungle camo variants plus new vest, headgear, and helmet textures and variants.

20181207124822_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

A little preview of what I made (or helped out in making) for the new update, among that are:
* A brand new Battle Dress Uniform in various camo patterns alog with matching patrol caps
* New PASGT vest in a couple of patterns as well as ALICE webbing
* (yet another) retexture of the M113, LAV-25 and M1 Abrams
* New Olive Drab textures for M113, LAV-25 and M1 Abrams
* New RACS textures for LAV-25
* New Desert textures for M164 VADS
* SMDI rework of for M113 LAV-25 and M1 Abrams
* New textures for the M164 VADS
* New UH-1H Huey variants: Armed and Gunship. Both using the dynamic loadouts.
* Ability to mount new dynamic loadout counter measures on the UH-1H (all variants).
* A rework of ALL of the soldiers gear (vests, uniforms, etc.) and civilian clothes in order to standardize the RVMATs and make the gear look more natural.
* A complete rework of the RACS infantry
* New black texture for the M24 sniper rifle
And that is just from me. Among things from other members is Leopard 2, much better weapon textures and much more.

co3ZGF5.jpg

https://giant.gfycat.com/BewitchedUnconsciousGreathornedowl.webm

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5

PUCsVWCh.jpg

A selection of the camos for the new MT-LB Armoured Personal Carrier. More versions (like the AA-Variant, BTR-80 turret, ATGM etc) are planned for a later CUPdate

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

I don't know what you're talking about comrade, there are no winter units here :icon_biggrin:

/cheekibreeki

A little preview of what I made (or helped out in making) for the new update, among that are:
* A brand new Battle Dress Uniform in various camo patterns alog with matching patrol caps
* New PASGT vest in a couple of patterns as well as ALICE webbing
* (yet another) retexture of the M113, LAV-25 and M1 Abrams
* New Olive Drab textures for M113, LAV-25 and M1 Abrams
* New RACS textures for LAV-25
* New Desert textures for M164 VADS
* SMDI rework of for M113 LAV-25 and M1 Abrams
* New textures for the M164 VADS
* New UH-1H Huey variants: Armed and Gunship. Both using the dynamic loadouts.
* Ability to mount new dynamic loadout counter measures on the UH-1H (all variants).
* A rework of ALL of the soldiers gear (vests, uniforms, etc.) and civilian clothes in order to standardize the RVMATs and make the gear look more natural.
* A complete rework of the RACS infantry
* New black texture for the M24 sniper rifle
And that is just from me. Among things from other members is Leopard 2, much better weapon textures and much more.

(Above, images of new IBA and PASGT-Vs in plain colors)

HALLE-FUCKING-LUJAH, finally we have some new gear suitable for generic blufor and cold war era! And we don't have to wait for Project 85 either! AND some more vehicles suitable for generic blufor! AND an MT-LB (eventually)

Oh, baby, this is gonna be a good update.....

*breathes*

patience

BTW are those some new plain-style clear eyeshields I spot? :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

BTW are those some new plain-style clear eyeshields I spot? :)

You mean these?

20181213232104_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Alwarren said:

More versions (like the AA-Variant, BTR-80 turret, ATGM etc) are planned for a later CUPdate

If only you knew someone that had all those little jibbly bits to share... :)

• Haha 2

@Hvymtal
I actually made my own, personal, little addon that adds OFP era US and USSR factions, that is just using the CUP and A3 stuff. Its not perfect by any means, as I made it in 2 days, and some vehicles are stand ins (AH-1Z standing in for Cobra etc.), but its good enough for me to get my Cold War fix.

Oh yeah, I also made an OD retexture for the ALICE backpack, forgot to mention it.

R41KppN.jpg

• Like 14

Nice. Will that M60 eventually be held by it's foregrip though?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taro8 said:

@Hvymtal
I actually made my own, personal, little addon that adds OFP era US and USSR factions, that is just using the CUP and A3 stuff. Its not perfect by any means, as I made it in 2 days, and some vehicles are stand ins (AH-1Z standing in for Cobra etc.), but its good enough for me to get my Cold War fix

You know, I think there might be a certain Slatts that might enjoy a bit of a hand with a certain Project 85...

Hi all, is there any way to make AI units disembark from artillery like CUP_B_M252_USMC or CUP_B_M119_USMC ? I didn't find anything about that. tks.

34 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Hi all, is there any way to make AI units disembark from artillery like CUP_B_M252_USMC or CUP_B_M119_USMC ? I didn't find anything about that. tks.

Not as a part of the mod, no. However this can easily be done in editor with a trigger and some scripting or if you're doing Zeus just select the AI and hit G and they'll eject.

4 hours ago, pierremgi said:

triggers and waypoints should do the trick, statics are just normal vehicles, except they dont move

First of all, thank you very much for your work for the entire ARMA 3 community! The appearance in CUP MT-LB really made me think, why not move more Cold War-era content to ARMA 3? For example the Chiftein tank! It is very much lacking in ARMA 3! Most of this content is present in mods for ARMA 2 such as Project 85

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Yudenich said:

First of all, thank you very much for your work for the entire ARMA 3 community! The appearance in CUP MT-LB really made me think, why not move more Cold War-era content to ARMA 3? For example the Chiftein tank! It is very much lacking in ARMA 3! Most of this content is present in mods for ARMA 2 such as Project 85

Because making new stuff is hard. Tanks are one of the most complicated vehicles to do for Arma 3. However, if you have a Chieftain or some other vehicle that you would like to donate to CUP we will be happy for any help we can get.

• Like 2

The bigger the thing, the more little fiddly bits that go with it. Especially if you do interiors

That said, you don't even have to make fully modeled interiors to get the same functionality. Look at how Iron Front did it :)

11 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

The bigger the thing, the more little fiddly bits that go with it. Especially if you do interiors

That said, you don't even have to make fully modeled interiors to get the same functionality. Look at how Iron Front did it :)

Even a very basic tank is loads of work.

• Like 1