CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

54 minutes ago, pipewr3nch said:

How does one access the public dev-branch?

You need to send a friend request to the CUP-Team on Steam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found possible 3 issues what are bothering me:

#1 BUG - AH-64D rockets - pilot cant switch "F" between number of hydra rockets in salvo, its set permanent to single (maybe intended), but it fires random number of rockets, sometimes 5, sometimes just 1, sometimes 3, etc.

#2 POSSIBLE BUG - mi-24 SuperHind - in Exilemod -> xm8 -> health scanner it shows 100% to all components even when is heli damaged, also ducktape says vehicle looks fine - only way to repair hind is repair vehicle.

#3 ISSUE - AH-64D / AH1Z - both doesnt have NVG mode in gunner optics, they have just normal / IR / Thermal, their real counterparts has NVG mode (green || black-white).

5 hours ago, Chimere said:

Found possible 3 issues what are bothering me:

#1 BUG - AH-64D rockets - pilot cant switch "F" between number of hydra rockets in salvo, its set permanent to single (maybe intended), but it fires random number of rockets, sometimes 5, sometimes just 1, sometimes 3, etc.

#2 POSSIBLE BUG - mi-24 SuperHind - in Exilemod -> xm8 -> health scanner it shows 100% to all components even when is heli damaged, also ducktape says vehicle looks fine - only way to repair hind is repair vehicle.

#3 ISSUE - AH-64D / AH1Z - both doesnt have NVG mode in gunner optics, they have just normal / IR / Thermal, their real counterparts has NVG mode (green || black-white).

Please report these bugs on our tracker. Except for #2, anything that contains "Exile" is a problem in compatibility with Exile mod and beyond our ability to fix.

5 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Please report these bugs on our tracker. Except for #2, anything that contains "Exile" is a problem in compatibility with Exile mod and beyond our ability to fix.

Thank you for reply, where i can find that Tracker pls? :)

One more thing, are all those with Exile loaded, or can #1 and #3 be reproduced without it? Do make sure they're not all compatibility problems. 

On 8. 10. 2018 at 12:43 AM, dragon01 said:

One more thing, are all those with Exile loaded, or can #1 and #3 be reproduced without it? Do make sure they're not all compatibility problems. 

#1 and #3 happens in eden editor when cup is only one mod loaded, so not problem with exile compatibility. Also #3 isnt bug, cause NVG mode is completely missing in gunner optics, so it isnt implemented.

1 hour ago, Chimere said:

#1 and #3 happens in eden editor when cup is only one mod loaded, so not problem with exile compatibility. Also #3 isnt bug, cause NVG mode is completely missing in gunner optics, so it isnt implemented.

I answered your ticket on the BugTracker, but also here for others to read:

I think you are talking about the green night vision, right?
No, the gunner optics (TADS - Target Acquisition Designation Sight) doesn't have that. It has CCTV (normal cam) and FLIR in different modes. What both, the pilot and the gunner have is, the so called PNVS (Pilot Night Vision Sensor). This is basically a helmet mounted display with the NVGs as you know it.

The Target Acquisition Designation Sight, TADS (AN/ASQ-170) and the Pilot Night Vision Sensor, PNVS (AN/AAQ-11) were developed by Lockheed Martin. The turret-mounted TADS provides direct view optics, television and three fields of view forward looking infra-red (FLIR) to carry out search, detection and recognition and Litton laser rangefinder/designator. PNVS consists of a FLIR in a rotating turret located on the nose above the TADS. The image from the PNVS is displayed in the monocular eyepiece of the Honeywell Integrated Helmet And Display Sighting System (IHADSS) worn by the pilot and copilot/gunner.

Lockheed Martin has developed a new targeting and night vision system for the Apaches, using second-generation long-wave infrared sensors with improved range and resolution. The new system is called Arrowhead and it has a targeting FLIR with three fields of view, a dual field-of-view pilotage FLIR, a CCD TV camera, electronic zoom, target tracker and auto-boresight. Arrowhead entered production in December 2003 and is planned to enter service with the US Army in June 2005. 704 US Army Apaches are to be equipped with Arrowhead by 2011.

(Source: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/ah-64a-d-apache-ah-1z-viper.369367/)

Design Specifications. The TADS/PNVS sighting and targeting system provides AH-64 Apache pilots and gunners with an all-weather capability to find, identify, and track targets, and can fire a combination of "smart" weapons in a matter of seconds. The system combines TV, infrared, laser, and direct-view optics to find targets and guide the Apache's weapons from long ranges.

ASQ-170(V) Target Acquisition and Designation Sight (TADS) is located in a chin turret and is comprised of an optical telescope, a forward-looking infrared (FLIR) system, a high-definition TV, a laser designator/ranger, a laser, and a TV tracker. The TADS turret can look 120° to either side, 60° down, or 30° up. It is controlled either by the copilot/gunner's sighting fixture or by a crewman's helmet-mounted sight, known as the Integrated Helmet and Display Sighting System (IHADSS).

AAQ-11(V) Pilot Night Vision System (PNVS) is mounted above the TADS and contains an independent FLIR imager slaved to the pilot's head movements through his IHADSS. The PNVS can slew 45° down, 20° up, and 90° to either side.
FLIR sensor is used for night and adverse weather target acquisition and tracking, and also serves as a backup for the PNVS. Separate from the TADS, the PNVS employs a gimbaled FLIR sensor that receives instantaneous positioning commands from an electro-optical tracking system and transmitted by the pilot's head movements, thus providing excellent coordination between pilot and sensor. Primarily, the PNVS is used for navigation in darkness and adverse weather and to maintain terrain avoidance while flying nap-of-the-earth. The IHADSS allows the pilot/gunner to selectively point the TADS, PNVS, and 30mm Chain Gun. The system is fast and flexible in acquiring targets.

(Source: https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_pdf.cfm?DACH_RECNO=845)

• Like 1

I know that bug reports should be posted in the official website, But when using Lesh's Towing mod and the CUP Towing Tractor, I try and tow the MV-22 Osprey (Any of the 3 variants) and it freaks out and explodes. Same Issue with the AV-8B which got fixed, If this is a issue on my end or a over all glitch, Please tell me.

Anyone know who did the German Army textures for the Ch53?

On 14/10/2018 at 5:19 PM, _Time_To_Die_ said:

I know that bug reports should be posted in the official website, But when using Lesh's Towing mod and the CUP Towing Tractor, I try and tow the MV-22 Osprey (Any of the 3 variants) and it freaks out and explodes. Same Issue with the AV-8B which got fixed, If this is a issue on my end or a over all glitch, Please tell me.

is this cup stable or dev?

8 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

CUP Stable, Latest Steam Version

30 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

had this issue as well. for me it turned out to be PhysX related. 

Once my planes were updated it seemed to go away. Not sure what the exact issue is. I thought it might have to do with the new wheel brakes. Most likely the models being dragged instead of rolled now. 

• Like 1

ANZAC frigate currently undergoing a refit, weapons have been overhauled, now has Vehicle In Vehicle compatibility through the hangar (helos have been adjusted as well), can now show a big fancy flag to let everybody know who's the boss, also has been added to the roster of AAF and RACS factions:

QfcHpOY.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Will you be upgrading the Australian frigates to include IRL upgrades?

How would they differ?

(anyhow no, there's no further changes planned for now)

i have a question. we play cup on our dedicated server. when we take over a t-72 tank and i go in as driver, i can't turn on nightvision. all the other guys on the server can. i tried with goggles on and without having goggles.

Hi CUP team. Is there any chance of adding knee pads that can be used on the british units (desert, woodland and mtp)? Possibly creating the knee pads as a standard item in glasses/nvg slot? Cheers. Matt

On 27/10/2018 at 8:32 PM, madpat3 said:

i have a question. we play cup on our dedicated server. when we take over a t-72 tank and i go in as driver, i can't turn on nightvision. all the other guys on the server can. i tried with goggles on and without having goggles.

make a ticket in our feedback tracker please

On 3/11/2018 at 8:26 PM, Unclefigo said:

Hi CUP team. Is there any chance of adding knee pads that can be used on the british units (desert, woodland and mtp)? Possibly creating the knee pads as a standard item in glasses/nvg slot? Cheers. Matt

no chance, first of all why would we want to occupy a slot reserved for some specific function for kneepads, and second why would we want to split kneepads from uniforms at all? to be honest i dont even think its technically feasible unless the item is not in one of the three main slots (uniform, vest, backpack)

On 23.09.2018 at 8:20 PM, Chairborne said:

The autocannon's traverse and elevation have a very tight angle because of how the Ka-52 is made with the whole coax gimmick (blame the soviet engineers who thought this was a good idea i guess).

However in Arma you cannot have different traverse and elevation for different weapons on the same turret (or gunnery station, if that makes more sense to you), there's a main animation that controls how far left/right and up/down you can look with the turret, so that meant that you either had to choose between having the correct elevation for the gun but an extremely tight window for missile control and general flir usage (which for a recon helicopter is pretty bad), or have a proper camera with 180° FOV but also have the gun moving all over the place even to unnatural traverse and elevation (imagine the autocannon turning 90° sideways, it would clip with the fuselage).

Changing topic, under permissions from Burnes/Byrne we have added the LCU Mk.10 to our assets.

It uses the regular vanilla VIV functionality and can carry pretty much a whole army of vehicles in it.

Unfortunately because of how VIV works and how the deck of the ship is made (an L shape with the cabin on the rear right hand side) we had to come up with two different variants to account for the different cargo space usage players might prefer.

I'm too lazy to make fancy preview pictures but here's a few pics i grabbed while messing around with VIV:

https://imgur.com/a/ZMOgnBj

(before you ask, the VIV rendering is still broken but that's an engine issue and there's nothing to do about it, only BI can fix it)

Hello, sory for my english
Cannon on Ka-50 in CUP mod don't rotate and elevate-is the same reason? (engine issue)?