CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 9/1/2018 at 6:29 AM, RZNUNKWN said:

Hello guys,

I apologize if this has been already asked, but I'm searching for a list of objects that are placed on the map (large ship containers, dumpsters, wrecks, trash bins, construction stuff, etc). I'm looking for their classnames (If that's the right term). 

I know I can obtain them by looking in Eden Editor, but it's a bit of a long way of writing and alt-tabbing in and out. So I wondered if there's anywhere a list already?

Hello,

You can still download the PDF object library for Arma 2 at Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5895. I just did a quick check and it looks like the CUP classnames are the same as in the original game, but it would probably be wise to double-check as you go along in case anything has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chairborne said:

It's already in, and works correctly as a hovercraft, aka it moves on both land and sea.

Currently in-game, or in your internal version?

5 hours ago, pipewr3nch said:

Currently in-game, or in your internal version?

Internal version/public dev branch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anybody notice the FFV slots in the back of the ACR Landrover if the player aims down sight, the other FFV slot becomes invisible? Also the Tatra series of trucks has a bug where one of the cargo slots doesn't have the proper camera positioning for the player.

Thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Sam

3 hours ago, ICE_MAN said:

Anybody notice the FFV slots in the back of the ACR Landrover if the player aims down sight, the other FFV slot becomes invisible? Also the Tatra series of trucks has a bug where one of the cargo slots doesn't have the proper camera positioning for the player.

Thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Sam

Bugs go here: https://dev.cup-arma3.org/

in the LAV25, how to have the 2 guys in the back turret seat sitting inside?

plus, when sitting in the back of the lav25, we can see them, but when we are sitting in this position, we're just confined in a "box" - we can't see the other ones

Not sure, they are probably encoded as gunner seats so you should check if there's a scripting command to tell someone to turn inside. If they are players you should be able to just turn in like you would in any gunner seat.

Which "other ones" can't you see? The crewmen? That's because the interior is not fully modeled, that's how BI made it for some reason.

Create a ticket and I'll fix it, it's due to the recent tank update changing how Lod viewing works for crew positions. 

Some new toys for special forces:

AN/PVS-15 and GPNVG four-tube goggles

g4QXbYft.jpgw4mIpKUt.jpgmNajfxWt.jpgDBOn1lOt.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Yas plox

• Like 1

Am I the only one who faces landing issue on frigate if the frigate is created at mission start? In dedicated in such case the helicopter is bouncing from the landing deck. In case helicopter is spawned during the dedicated mission, then same issue is not happening

It's a moving vehicle so you're bound to have several issues like weird collisions, if its in multiplayer it will probably get worse as soon as locality of the vehicles changes.

I know Arma engine has issues with it but weird thing is, if you spawn the vehicle it works fine. Somehow engine behaves different to spawned vehicles compared to the vehicles which are already created via mission itself..

Well, thats something i didn't know, cool stuff i guess. Anyhow we're not doing anything inherently weird with the frigate, it has regular geometries and roadway lods, there's no script managing that.

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

I know Arma engine has issues with it but weird thing is, if you spawn the vehicle it works fine. Somehow engine behaves different to spawned vehicles compared to the vehicles which are already created via mission itself..

If you script spawn something mid-mission, it's local to your client. If it's in the mission.sqm it's local to the server.

that is a good point. Most likely then locality is the black magic behind which is causing trouble in dedicated...

15 hours ago, cyruz said:

If you script spawn something mid-mission, it's local to your client. If it's in the mission.sqm it's local to the server.

Well unless it is spawned in with createVehicleLocal , createVehicle objects are globally visible.

On 04/10/2018 at 1:24 PM, Alwarren said:

Well unless it is spawned in with createVehicleLocal , createVehicle objects are globally visible.

It's created globally, however the owner is still your client ;)

2 hours ago, deltagamer said:

Rear security!

Oh wow, that's some seriously impressive texture work as well.

7 hours ago, cyruz said:

It's created globally, however the owner is still your client ;)

Yeah but for the intent of landing something on top of it, that shouldn't really make a difference, unless there is some issue with collusion of a non-local vehicle. And unless the helicopter is AI-controlled, it will be local to the pilot. 

Having said that, we really need to move our static ships into the same framework as BIS are using. For example, their ships move position when you drag them in the editor, ours only snap to the new position once you release it.