CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 6/19/2018 at 11:45 PM, Rak1445 said:

AČR don't look like ports but instead new models and textures for some reason. I don't "see inside" this creation, so perhaps I'm mistaken. Also, I don't want to complain about free content and I appreciate the effort, but as it stands, AČR uniforms and gear are objectively sub-par quality, both in models and textures.

A glaring example to illustrate this is the unbalanced brightness on textures of AČR's backpacks in contrast to the uniforms.. All modding skill aside, this could have been prevented with just a little research and checking...

Never the less, I remain a big fan of the mod! A big thanks to the CUP team for their relentless efforts in bringing the Armaverse together ;)

I would like to let everyone know that you actually can do retextures without CUP SVN source files. Just unpack the pbo and retexture whatever you want if you feel that the quality is not at the level you think it should be. Let us know of the results, show us some screenshots and your retexture might be included in future CUP updates.
We will be grateful for any and all assistance.

• Like 2

Hello mighty CUP devs,

any info / update about AH-64D Apache gunner optics NVG mode and ka-52 gunner's seat possibility to use cannon with take controls?

2 hours ago, Chimere said:

any info / update about AH-64D Apache gunner optics NVG mode and ka-52 gunner's seat possibility to use cannon with take controls?

If there were any news, we would let you know.

speaking of news, Taro and his god tier work has given baf a new breath of life with some brilliant quality textures for the ubacs model.

wMoudbl.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, Chimere said:

Hello mighty CUP devs,

ka52's cannon mode can't support the take control function, when i encoded that stuff the take control function could work only on one seat.

unless something changed or i missed something it will never be addressed as it's an engine issue.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! 

recently i'm getting this error:

55C935777DE40EC07B1057721E62CC0ECB794A9D

any clue? 

tried to disable an re-enable all the cup suite without success and also tried to run the game with only CUP active but the error stays...

tanks!

I'm getting errors with CUP Terrains - Maps saying "Corrupted. There is no Addon folder in the mod folder. The mod doesn't have a correct format. An addon folder is required in the folder of the mod". And yes I tried reinstalling it, I have the steam version.

cup.jpg

Help?

1 hour ago, Larpushka said:

Help?

Could be a Launcher problem, maybe "verify integrity of game files" might help, or delete the arma3launcher.exe then "verify integrity of game files".

For the record, I've been using the full CUP suite last few nights and not experienced the issues raised by @Larpushka and @Stefano Ravenna

for me the problem was either the australia map or the chernobyl zone... i disabled both and now everything works without errors... i've done the integrity check aswell

• Like 1

the australia map should run on its own set of a2 buildings and classes and it doesn't work in conjuction with cup terrains

• Thanks 1

On 20. 8. 2018 at 8:52 PM, Chairborne said:

ka52's cannon mode can't support the take control function, when i encoded that stuff the take control function could work only on one seat.

unless something changed or i missed something it will never be addressed as it's an engine issue.

Before CUP update in May this year, it was possible to take controls over heli in gunner's seat and use cannon, i guess it is no more possible, cause ka-52 has Kajman's flight model now? Its so wierd, cause gunner has throttle collective, pedals and cyclic joystick, but you cant control it in coax mode. Also solo flying as gunner is no more possible thanks to that and it was my favorite heli for solo play :D

Hello guys,

I apologize if this has been already asked, but I'm searching for a list of objects that are placed on the map (large ship containers, dumpsters, wrecks, trash bins, construction stuff, etc). I'm looking for their classnames (If that's the right term). 

I know I can obtain them by looking in Eden Editor, but it's a bit of a long way of writing and alt-tabbing in and out. So I wondered if there's anywhere a list already?

6 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I know I can obtain them by looking in Eden Editor, but it's a bit of a long way of writing and alt-tabbing in and out. So I wondered if there's anywhere a list already?

No, I'm afraid not...

• Like 1

Not sure if this is already a known issue. The CUP L85 attachments have a few sound bugs. The flash hider makes people deaf in ace when fired and the BFA doesn't have any sound to other people when fired.

42 minutes ago, Flynn375 said:

Not sure if this is already a known issue. The CUP L85 attachments have a few sound bugs. The flash hider makes people deaf in ace when fired and the BFA doesn't have any sound to other people when fired.

very subtle hint that we have an issue tracker at http://dev.cup-arma3.org

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 29/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, Chimere said:

Before CUP update in May this year, it was possible to take controls over heli in gunner's seat and use cannon, i guess it is no more possible, cause ka-52 has Kajman's flight model now? Its so wierd, cause gunner has throttle collective, pedals and cyclic joystick, but you cant control it in coax mode. Also solo flying as gunner is no more possible thanks to that and it was my favorite heli for solo play :D

the technical explanation is that "coax mode" is an entirely different gunnery station, even though youre still sitting in the same spot and everything is mostly identical, it's not.

this is how arma works and there's nothing to do, this felt like the best compromise we could come up with.

also it has nothing to do with flight models.

On 12. 9. 2018 at 7:01 PM, Chairborne said:

the technical explanation is that "coax mode" is an entirely different gunnery station, even though youre still sitting in the same spot and everything is mostly identical, it's not.

this is how arma works and there's nothing to do, this felt like the best compromise we could come up with.

also it has nothing to do with flight models.

Thanks you for explanation.

But, before gunner's seat redesign, it was possible to take controls as gunner and switch cannon / rockets with "F" button, is there any possibility in the future to bring back that functionality? I mean from user perspective, gunner seat -> take controls -> switch weapons with "f" and be able to use cannon like inside apache, viper or hind?

I dont know real reason why gunner's seat had to be redesigned, and i understand if Arma update broke something in old design this situation is possibly a no go, just ka-52 feels so limited now.

Im sorry, i know, it may feel little annoying from me, but i so much miss good old times with ka-52 as gunner with cannon while solo

AH64D Apache / AH1Z Viper

Is it possible to enable gunner optics for pilot for right mouse button? Only optics, cause cannon can be controlled by heli movement and manuel fire. IRL pilot and gunner in apache has both heads up display and both can control cannon, plus add NVG optics mode to gunner optics? Both things are implemented in rival mod RHS (i like CUP more), it would be huge QoL for apache / viper :)

The autocannon's traverse and elevation have a very tight angle because of how the Ka-52 is made with the whole coax gimmick (blame the soviet engineers who thought this was a good idea i guess).

However in Arma you cannot have different traverse and elevation for different weapons on the same turret (or gunnery station, if that makes more sense to you), there's a main animation that controls how far left/right and up/down you can look with the turret, so that meant that you either had to choose between having the correct elevation for the gun but an extremely tight window for missile control and general flir usage (which for a recon helicopter is pretty bad), or have a proper camera with 180° FOV but also have the gun moving all over the place even to unnatural traverse and elevation (imagine the autocannon turning 90° sideways, it would clip with the fuselage).

Changing topic, under permissions from Burnes/Byrne we have added the LCU Mk.10 to our assets.

It uses the regular vanilla VIV functionality and can carry pretty much a whole army of vehicles in it.

Unfortunately because of how VIV works and how the deck of the ship is made (an L shape with the cabin on the rear right hand side) we had to come up with two different variants to account for the different cargo space usage players might prefer.

I'm too lazy to make fancy preview pictures but here's a few pics i grabbed while messing around with VIV:

https://imgur.com/a/ZMOgnBj

(before you ask, the VIV rendering is still broken but that's an engine issue and there's nothing to do about it, only BI can fix it)

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Looking good will it be able to carry infantry as well?.

haven't thought about that possibility tbh, but it can be arranged.

Because of the VIV setup there's a lot of empty space on the deck.

21 hours ago, Chairborne said:

The autocannon's traverse and elevation have a very tight angle because of how the Ka-52 is made with the whole coax gimmick (blame the soviet engineers who thought this was a good idea i guess).

However in Arma you cannot have different traverse and elevation for different weapons on the same turret (or gunnery station, if that makes more sense to you), there's a main animation that controls how far left/right and up/down you can look with the turret, so that meant that you either had to choose between having the correct elevation for the gun but an extremely tight window for missile control and general flir usage (which for a recon helicopter is pretty bad), or have a proper camera with 180° FOV but also have the gun moving all over the place even to unnatural traverse and elevation (imagine the autocannon turning 90° sideways, it would clip with the fuselage).

Changing topic, under permissions from Burnes/Byrne we have added the LCU Mk.10 to our assets.

It uses the regular vanilla VIV functionality and can carry pretty much a whole army of vehicles in it.

Unfortunately because of how VIV works and how the deck of the ship is made (an L shape with the cabin on the rear right hand side) we had to come up with two different variants to account for the different cargo space usage players might prefer.

I'm too lazy to make fancy preview pictures but here's a few pics i grabbed while messing around with VIV:

https://imgur.com/a/ZMOgnBj

(before you ask, the VIV rendering is still broken but that's an engine issue and there's nothing to do about it, only BI can fix it)

Nice one! Are you thinking about adding her LCAC aswell?

4 hours ago, Muecke said:

Chairborne, this one is only for bluefor right ?

It's for whoever we can make textures for, as you probably figured out by now we don't have strict rules about this sort of things considering 80% of the factions in game are fictional.

If you want to make some of decent quality for whatever faction you like you can do so and we can plug them in directly, we have tons of stuff that was added like this.

8 minutes ago, pipewr3nch said:

Nice one! Are you thinking about adding her LCAC aswell?

It's already in, and works correctly as a hovercraft, aka it moves on both land and sea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1