CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

11 hours ago, Adzunyan said:

It would be great if one of you ported the T-64 from ARMA 1! I'm doing a campaign about the conflict in Ukraine, and I really miss that tank. I'm sure it wouldn't be the only one who could use it. 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?highlight=T-64&id=2259

You should ask in the RHS Thread as this is their AddOn. It is neither CUPs scope to port community addons nor we have the permission to do so.

• Like 2

On 8. 5. 2018 at 8:39 PM, Adzunyan said:

It would be great if one of you ported the T-64 from ARMA 1! I'm doing a campaign about the conflict in Ukraine, and I really miss that tank. I'm sure it wouldn't be the only one who could use it. 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?highlight=T-64&id=2259

Damn that is one sexy beast!

• Like 1

Good news everyone!
All of the uniforms now have working, detailed thermals. No more OP thermal camo for everything pre OA :happy:. This also includes civilian clothes as well. Its not perfect, but its better than not having thermals at all.

Mzf6DnX.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

On 4. 5. 2018 at 3:29 PM, Alwarren said:

I am not sure it is supposed to have those IRL. We'll investigate.

From information and images what i found so far it looks, that gunners heads-up display in apache have also NVG, so apache gunner optics should have normal / IR / thermal / NVG vision modes like Blackfoot.

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I am currently having regarding the CUP Static Line Drop. I've set it up as required (using the tick box in the attributes menu) and I've tested it in SP editor and found that it works as expected. However when I attempt to use it in Multiplayer sessions the blue menu option does not appear. Is there something specific I need to do in order to enable it in a MP environment beyond what I have already done? 

What a heck is wrong with the sun in the maps? There is just sunlight but no sun...sad:sad_o: Did the sun move to another galaxy? :wow_o:

25 minutes ago, Luke_z_Brna said:

What a heck is wrong with the sun in the maps? There is just sunlight but no sun...sad:sad_o: Did the sun move to another galaxy? :wow_o:

For some reason everyone were doing that back in 2008-2011. Battlefield 3 also featured blue tint.

I think the RACS T-72 is currently missing sabot and ATGMs. 

I could only find PKT and the 125mm cannon. 

Chernarus 2035 and Namalsk fuck with the lighting. Make sure you only have them turned on when you are using them

Don't know if this has been mentioned before? but getting this error from time to time

'bin\config.bin/CUP_D-RadioProtocol_TK/SentCovering.'.

Is there a way to fix it anyone know?

Found what I was looking for but now know that most of the UH-60 (if not all) CUP helo's but don't have the ability to add the FRIES option to the helo in the attributes settings of the individual helo when placing into a mission? Has anyone else noticed this or do you just use Duda Advanced Rappeling to fast rope? 

https://dev.cup-arma3.org/T2532

Edited by Nichols
changed information as I needed to update to reflect the new information.

Some new gear (possibly) coming to CUP in future. After watching World in Conflict story and Wargame games, I felt like getting some Cold War action going. I noticed that CUP has most of the stuff for OFP era missions with a glaring exception of a US BDU and the PASGT stuff, so I decided to make those myself. There are still some kinks to work out in regards to rigging, but I would say it looks pretty decent for something created completely on a whim.

5uByw5N.png6qhMZrD.jpg5EmDIyk.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

G'day CUP devs,

I was wondering if you have any intentions of opening up more areas and creating usable space on the LHD?

Also, have you considered porting, with permission, the Arma 2 San Antonio LPD? It would make a great companion to the LHD.

2 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day CUP devs,

I was wondering if you have any intentions of opening up more areas and creating usable space on the LHD?

Also, have you considered porting, with permission, the Arma 2 San Antonio LPD? It would make a great companion to the LHD.

We have the source LPD from a2 with permission however we've never gotten round to working on it yet. So in the future it will be a possiblity to see both more areas on the LHD and a LPD as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deltagamer said:

We have the source LPD from a2 with permission however we've never gotten round to working on it yet. So in the future it will be a possiblity to see both more areas on the LHD and a LPD as well.

G'day Deltagamer,

That's good to hear. I'll be looking forward to it, if it happens. Thanks for the reply.

Hey just wondering, what's up with the BAF uniforms? Seems like for the DPM ones (both MTPs seem fine), the pants are all good ports of A2, but the shirts are really low detail, except for the arm pockets which are consistent in appearance with the pants. The cuffs on the arms stand out the most, like the meshes seem overly big, and there aren't any baked in texture detailing on them. Sorry if it's a known issue being worked on right now, but I just haven't seen much mention of it honestly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 5harp5hot said:

Hey just wondering, what's up with the BAF uniforms? Seems like for the DPM ones (both MTPs seem fine), the pants are all good ports of A2, but the shirts are really low detail, except for the arm pockets which are consistent in appearance with the pants. The cuffs on the arms stand out the most, like the meshes seem overly big, and there aren't any baked in texture detailing on them. Sorry if it's a known issue being worked on right now, but I just haven't seen much mention of it honestly.

Same thing with the new AČR uniforms. Are further tweaks scheduled? As they stand they hardly compete in quality to, for example, the CDF.

8 minutes ago, Rak1445 said:

Same thing with the new AČR uniforms. Are further tweaks scheduled? As they stand they hardly compete in quality to, for example, the CDF.

I probably haven't played enough with the ACR in A2, but for me I don't necessarily see what's wrong with the ACR ones, I mean they seem to be pretty direct ports from A2, which is all I'm asking for. The BAF units on the other hand have had something done to them beyond just a port, akin to a quick fix which turned out pretty ugly. I personally don't know enough about what happened, hence why I asked, but I just can't see why most of the other uniforms have been ported fairly intact but not the British.

57 minutes ago, 5harp5hot said:

I probably haven't played enough with the ACR in A2, but for me I don't necessarily see what's wrong with the ACR ones, I mean they seem to be pretty direct ports from A2, which is all I'm asking for. The BAF units on the other hand have had something done to them beyond just a port, akin to a quick fix which turned out pretty ugly. I personally don't know enough about what happened, hence why I asked, but I just can't see why most of the other uniforms have been ported fairly intact but not the British.

AČR don't look like ports but instead new models and textures for some reason. I don't "see inside" this creation, so perhaps I'm mistaken. Also, I don't want to complain about free content and I appreciate the effort, but as it stands, AČR uniforms and gear are objectively sub-par quality, both in models and textures.

A glaring example to illustrate this is the unbalanced brightness on textures of AČR's backpacks in contrast to the uniforms.. All modding skill aside, this could have been prevented with just a little research and checking...

Never the less, I remain a big fan of the mod! A big thanks to the CUP team for their relentless efforts in bringing the Armaverse together ;)

9 hours ago, Rak1445 said:

A glaring example to illustrate this is the unbalanced brightness on textures of AČR's backpacks in contrast to the uniforms..

Make a ticket in our bugtracker and attach some screenshots.

• Thanks 1