CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

A fantastic Cupdate :icon_cool:

• Like 1

**EDIT**

Ka-52 - ouch its intended, i want to cry a little bit :( "Note that while in coax mode you cannot take control of the helicopter due to engine limitations"

Can it be changed in the future like FLIR mode - no take controls option and Cannon mode as default with take controls option? It was really fun to fly solo as gunner with that cannon.

IMPROVED - This change should otherwise vastly improve the capabilities of this helo. - for me and many other players, its huge nerf hammer what landed on our loved heli.

• gunner is unable to take controls when in cannon mode
  • gunner is able to take controls in FLIR mode
  • when taken controls in FLIR mode and switched to cannon, gunner lose controls

AH1Z, AH-64D

Its possible to add NVG gunner optics mode? Some servers have Thermal / IR disabled, so those helis are underpowered without NVG in comparison to russian helos.

Anyway great mod, i love it, but for now goodbye my loved ka-52 :)

This will stick in my memories:

• Like 1

Thank you so very much for the Chernarus winter uniforms.  They look terrific!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the update guys :) 

• Like 1

Great stuff as always guys, got a few bugs though from this evening's game with some friends - if I remember/have time in the morning I'll make a ticket on the CUP Bug tracker but I'll just quickly lay it out here before hopping off for the night.

BMP-2 has issues with the passenger seats sitting on the hull, when players start to FFV (maybe before, I wasn't the one experiencing this bug) they get a view of the interior of the BMP and other weirdness. Pictured Here.

Similarly, the BMP-2 variant with the ZSU on the top, the gun can't actually be used because when you attempt to you just end up FFVing with your rifle (Happens to both gunner and loader)

Hey fellas, there seems to be a bug with the T-55 and T-72 where only idle engine sounds play.  Sounds a little bit like a prius. :p 

Congratulations on the update, you guys really set the gold standard with your work.

• Like 1

On 2.5.2018 at 11:20 PM, Chimere said:

for me and many other players, its huge nerf hammer what landed on our loved heli.

We're thinking about possible solutions, which might involve having an option for the pilot to switch the gunner to cannon via action.

On 2.5.2018 at 11:20 PM, Chimere said:

ts possible to add NVG gunner optics mode? Some servers have Thermal / IR disabled, so those helis are underpowered without NVG in comparison to russian helos.

I am not sure it is supposed to have those IRL. We'll investigate.

On 3.5.2018 at 4:21 AM, badanov said:

Thank you so very much for the Chernarus winter uniforms.  They look terrific!

4 hours ago, HaceElOso said:

Hey fellas, there seems to be a bug with the T-55 and T-72 where only idle engine sounds play.  Sounds a little bit like a prius. :p 

Hm, I was quite sure I fixed that. Are you using any other mods? 

4 hours ago, HaceElOso said:

Congratulations on the update, you guys really set the gold standard with your work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Hm, I was quite sure I fixed that. Are you using any other mods? 

Running with only CBA, CUP Vehicles, Units and Weapons it's only the T-72 that suffers from the silent running issue, not the T-55.

I noticed we can't use the CUP plane with the virtual support module, because they start with engine low.

When they spawn, the engine is on, but not powerful enough and the plane just crashes.

Edit:

Also, there are some popup boxus about a "cover me" sound issue.

Edit:

The A-10 doesn't have laser designator. Is it just missing? Dunno if it does IRL.

• Sad 1

Alwarren

Thank you for response, i really appreciate that. Great work and awesome mod!

44 minutes ago, topden said:

Loving this derogatory comment.

T-55 feeleng to weak now against M60. 

T-55 had chances to shot down main gun of M60  from one hit before, and now to win a duel amost impossible. 

I just a little bit sad, because i almost maked one mission for commander of T-55, and now its completely broken. :down:

• Confused 1

Great post? Really?

1 hour ago, topden said:

Great work ?

Really?

and moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee bugs

This was caused by the Tank DLC and not our hotfix. The hotfix just fixed the driver view issues with most tanks, rendering them unplayable.

If you think you can fix all vehicles faster than we, you are invited to help.

Also: No ticket, no bug.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Wiki said:

I noticed we can't use the CUP plane with the virtual support module, because they start with engine low.

When they spawn, the engine is on, but not powerful enough and the plane just crashes.

The reason for that is that the BIS vehicle spawn code only starts a plane in the air if it uses simulation type airplanex, which requires PhysX. None of the CUP planes uses airplaneX, mostly because it is an effing pain in the buttocks to get PhysX to work. So far, every time I tried to add it to a plane it either started to slide backwards when the engine was off, or it immediately exploded when I tried to drive around a corner. Or both.

It would have been easy (and in fact I think I reported it as a bug) to spawn both airplane and airplanex in the air, but ... well...

16 hours ago, Wiki said:

Edit:

Also, there are some popup boxus about a "cover me" sound issue.

Yeah I think that is also a bug introduced with Tanks DLC. A number of mods suffers from that.

16 hours ago, Wiki said:

Edit:

The A-10 doesn't have laser designator. Is it just missing? Dunno if it does IRL.

The A-10 needs a targetting pod in order to get a laser designator. You need to load AN/AAQ-28 LITENING targetting pod to get one, this is consistent with the real-life counterpart.

3 hours ago, topden said:

Great work ?

and moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee bugs

I'm going to suppress the reply I would want to give to this and just say that unless these issues are reported in our issue tracker, they won't be fixed. Note that Tank DLC has introduced a lot of issues, the hotfix we just released tried to fix the most gamebreaking ones but there is plenty left.

If you feel like there are toooooo many bugs, please send us your CUP purchase receipt and we will fully reimburse you (meaning you get the money you paid for CUP back).

(Oh wait... you didn't have to pay for CUP... tough luck)

1 hour ago, ofp_comissar said:

T-55 feeleng to weak now against M60. 

T-55 had chances to shot down main gun of M60  from one hit before, and now to win a duel amost impossible. 

I just a little bit sad, because i almost maked one mission for commander of T-55, and now its completely broken. :down:

Ah, I love the hyperbole... "completely broken"...

There has been NO ARMOUR UPDATE yet. All of the tanks require a complete overhaul of hitpoints, armour, SLAT and ERA etc. Most tank related issues are currently caused by the Tank DLC throwing this completely off balance. The stuff is being worked on, but seeing how we have 18 base classes for tracked vehicles and 41 for wheeled, I'm afraid it is going to take a while. 

In case it takes too long for you, you are welcome to join the team and help with the update.

As is everyone else.

Other than that.. I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until we fix it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thx for the answer :-)

4 hours ago, Alwarren said:

<snip>

I'm going to suppress the reply I would want to give to this and just say that unless these issues are reported in our issue tracker, they won't be fixed. Note that Tank DLC has introduced a lot of issues, the hotfix we just released tried to fix the most gamebreaking ones but there is plenty left.

If you feel like there are toooooo many bugs, please send us your CUP purchase receipt and we will fully reimburse you (meaning you get the money you paid for CUP back).

(Oh wait... you didn't have to pay for CUP... tough luck)

<snip>

CMLJTJag.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for the hard work, guys!

Been waiting for the AČR for years... Guess it's time to dust it off!  ;)

Also, take all the time you need to iron the tanks out, we'll wait!

Fingers crossed ;)

3 hours ago, pipewr3nch said:

CMLJTJag.jpg

LIES! FAKE NEWS! We all know the price is #350

• Like 2

Besides we all know CUP is paid directly by the amount of souls that play it. I like to do my part and keep feeding the infernal dark CUP engine by giving my life energy while I keep playing and playing with this mod. Blood for the CUP God!!

But seriously, thanks a lot guys for the update!

• Like 4

I have tried MoveInCargo for cup choppers, this will not put units in helicopters as of the last update, MoveInCargo does work for default Nato. MoveInAny works for cup... but not in a vehicle seat.   Thank you for your work CUP team, Please post any fix you find as I am sure it will be useful, you brilliant  MF's.