CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

9 minutes ago, gatordev said:

There is no such thing as a "SH-60S."  Only a MH-60S.  And everyone pretty much just refers to both the R and the S as a "Seahawk" at this point.  Historically, the aircraft with the tailwheel forward were "Seahawks," and the -60S were "Knighthawks" because there were a lot of former -46 (Sea Knight) drivers flying the Sierra and couldn't let it go.  Their numbers are dwindling and they need to get over themselves.

What I meant is:

in CUP, here is only the MH-60S known as Knighthawk.

The SH-60 with the rear gear in the middle of the chopper is not in CUP.

Hence no Seahawk.

5 minutes ago, Wiki said:

What I meant is:

in CUP, here is only the MH-60S known as Knighthawk.

The SH-60 with the rear gear in the middle of the chopper is not in CUP.

Hence no Seahawk.

I get what you meant.  What I'm saying is don't be so pedantic.  What is called a "Knighthawk" in Arma, most people in real life at this point refer to it as a "Seahawk," so the original poster's terminology isn't really that big a deal.

Also, small point of order, but there are no more "SH-60s" in the U.S. Navy.  But now I'm being pedantic.

3 minutes ago, gatordev said:

I get what you meant.  What I'm saying is don't be so pedantic.

???

I was pedantic??!

3 minutes ago, gatordev said:

What is called a "Knighthawk" in Arma, most people in real life at this point refer to it as a "Seahawk," so the original poster's terminology isn't really that big a deal.

Maybe most people.

I was just surprised, I thought there actually was a Seahawk that I didn't notice (hence "am I missing something?")

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiki said:

I was just surprised, I thought there actually was a Seahawk that I didn't notice.

If only, right?  It's a shame Yura's Seahawks didn't survive over to A3.

5 minutes ago, gatordev said:

If only, right?  It's a shame Yura's Seahawks didn't survive over to A3.

Indeed.

However, in ArmA, I don't know if it would have made such a difference.

It was mostly esthetic, right?

Or did I miss something?

1 minute ago, Wiki said:

Indeed.

However, in ArmA, I don't know if it would have made such a difference.

It was mostly esthetic, right?

Or did I miss something?

Somewhat aesthetic, but the Hotel was nice for some missions.  He also had a -60B that could launch torpedoes (or was working on it), which would actually be more beneficial with A3, since we have a sea now.  But I understand we're getting off-topic, so I'll stop reminiscing.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:41 AM, Alwarren said:

I made dozens of extractions with CUP helicopters and never had this problem. I wouldn't know where it comes from anyway, since there is no such parameter in the config that I know of.

Did some more testing.  It's a BI issue.  If there is no trigger to tell the helicopter to hold at the LZ until a radio trigger is intitiated telling the aircraft to head to the next waypoint after picking up troops, it lifts off as soon as the player controlled character enters the aircraft and abandons the AI team mates (RHS, Vanilla, CUP all tested).

I really dunno why things that worked fine in A2 (this and flyineheight) don't work in A3. Sometimes BI makes some head scratching decisions 

• Like 2

Hey CUP team, I am working on my mod Altis: Special Police Unit. I am searching for an attack helicopter to include into my standalone mod. I have found this Mil-24 port by Chairbone from 2015. It's a standalone but since Chairbone left us, there is no way to ask for permission to modify and intergrate it into my mod. Files are old and I'll need to work on them to bring them up-to-date. I don't think he will be mad as I am going to give him credits for porting it into Arma 3. 

Cheers

Edited by FoxFort

13 hours ago, FoxFort said:

It's a standalone but since Chairbone left us, there is no way to ask for permission to modify and intergrate it into my mod.   

Have you tried it?

You can't just rip something off and not expect people to be mad about it, the very least is to try and reach out to the person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey CUP team, I am working on my mod Altis: Special Police Unit. I am searching for an attack helicopter to include into my standalone mod. I have found this Mil-24 port by Chairbone from 2015. It's a standalone but since Chairbone left us, there is no way to ask for permission to modify and intergrate it into my mod. Files are old and I'll need to work on them to bring them up-to-date. I don't think he will be mad as I am going to give him credits for porting it into Arma 3. 

Cheers

Just because im not around doesn't mean you can steal whatever you want you filthy thief.

My mods are OFF LIMITS, they're not even available for download anymore for a reason.

• Like 5

Cheers

As long standing member of this community, i would have expected better behaviour from you. Firstly you should always attempt to contact the author of an mod and ask for permission. If you are not able to get in contact with the author, contact the moderating team and we will do our best to help you out.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Just because im not around doesn't mean you can steal whatever you want you filthy thief.

My mods are OFF LIMITS, they're not even available for download anymore for a reason.

My apology, when I visited your page, I saw offline since December. i presumed you were gone for good. I'll stop my work on this. Besides if I really wanted to steal. I would not post it here publicy so that everyone can see that i want to work on it.

Again my apology

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FoxFort said:

My apology, when I visited your page, I saw offline since December. i presumed you were gone for good. I'll stop my work on this. Besides if I really wanted to steal. I would not post it here publicy so that everyone can see that i want to work on it.

Again my apology

What kind of justification is this? So if someone doesn't go online on the forums whatever content he made is fair game to you? This isn't how the communnity works pal.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

What kind of justification is this? So if someone doesn't go online on the forums whatever content he made is fair game to you? This isn't how the communnity works pal.

I made a mistake and there is no way around it. Again I apologize

• Like 5

I'm gonna port my latest mission with CUP assets ;)

• Like 5

Will the AI Hinds, KA-50 and KA-52 be able to use their AT missiles( Shturm, Ataka, Vikhr) or their S-8s in the next version?

If I'm the pilot I can order my AI gunner to lock a target and it works pretty good but a fully AI chopper(full skill both pilot and gunner) can't seem to target anything 90% of the time with their missiles. From about 10 tests I managed to make a KA-50 fire their S-8s 1-2 times and their guided AT missiles only once. I had both the chopper and the target (a tank and/or an apc) with emission control active or default and no change.

An AI AH-1Z and AH-64 seems to work pretty good with their CUP guided missiles (not sure if they can use the unguided ones though).

I know there is a problem with the hellfire radar guided missiles, and I also know that the pb has been identified and delt with.

Just waiting for the next update.

13 minutes ago, krycek said:

Will the AI Hinds, KA-50 and KA-52 be able to use their AT missiles( Shturm, Ataka, Vikhr) or their S-8s in the next version?

If I'm the pilot I can order my AI gunner to lock a target and it works pretty good but a fully AI chopper(full skill both pilot and gunner) can't seem to target anything 90% of the time with their missiles. From about 10 tests I managed to make a KA-50 fire their S-8s 1-2 times and their guided AT missiles only once. I had both the chopper and the target (a tank and/or an apc) with emission control active or default and no change.

An AI AH-1Z and AH-64 seems to work pretty good with their CUP guided missiles (not sure if they can use the unguided ones though).

Please make a ticket on our tracker, so that I don't forget to check this. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey, I want to add the wrecks from the previous armas (like arma 2, OA, and any dlc) to a map I am creating. Which pbo would I find them under? I have seen each vehicle pbo has a wreck model but i'm looking for the editor wrecks that were designed only as wreck objects. Does anyone know which pbo's I need to unpack? I hope I don't have to unpack each vehicle pbo. Thanks

2 hours ago, Victim_913 said:

Hey, I want to add the wrecks from the previous armas (like arma 2, OA, and any dlc) to a map I am creating. Which pbo would I find them under? I have seen each vehicle pbo has a wreck model but i'm looking for the editor wrecks that were designed only as wreck objects. Does anyone know which pbo's I need to unpack? I hope I don't have to unpack each vehicle pbo. Thanks

They are in the CUP terrains PBOs (most probably in the misc PBOs) not in the CUP Vehicles PBOs.

Loving the work!. Have come a long way since the aia days. My Apologies if this is in the wrong section but Im having an issue when I start a mission on my Dedicated box. 

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_weapons_dynamicloadout

Have all the same mods etc. ANy Ideas?

1 hour ago, Darkhound7 said:

Loving the work!. Have come a long way since the aia days. My Apologies if this is in the wrong section but Im having an issue when I start a mission on my Dedicated box. 

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_weapons_dynamicloadout

Have all the same mods etc. ANy Ideas?

You might be using an old version of CUP Weapons, the DynamicLoadouts should be in since a while.

I apologize if it was written before, 

But the RPG 7 in CUP weapons is much better than vanilla Apex