CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

12 hours ago, Wiki said:

So, here is a picture of what I get with hellfire L and Apache:

See? The vehicle is targeted, but no lock.

Radar is on.

I got this picture when I use "Lock" key.

Using TAB ("Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)" doesn't work.

Have you try hitting "R"?  That's the key for radar targets.  However, I have limited sucess with that as well even when the targets are showing on my radar.  I have to get within like 400 meters of the target most of the time to get a lock.  It works from a distance seldomly though

31 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

Have you try hitting "R"?  That's the key for radar targets.  However, I have limited sucess with that as well even when the targets are showing on my radar.  I have to get within like 400 meters of the target most of the time to get a lock.  It works from a distance seldomly though

I use the "lock" keybind.

What is exact bind of your "R"?

In the command/weapon menu, I have "LOCK", "REVEAL", "NEXT TARGET", "NEXT TARGET - empty, "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle)" and "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle) - empty"

So far,  "NEXT TARGET", "NEXT TARGET - empty, "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle)" and "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle) - empty" don't work, it just cancel the target.

And with "LOCK", I have the image I posted.

Stable branch, only CUP loaded

Also, I just tried the sidewinders: that work.

I can lock a flying target with the sidewinders with radar on and just pressing TAB ("Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)")

But a vehicle (car, ifv, apc... whatever) with radar on and hellfire L --> no

EDIT

Stupid interrogation, but I tried to put 1 Apach multirole + 4 BMP

They don't appear on the radar, so that may explain why the hellfire cannot lock on them?

Although I target them, the radar remains empty.

EDIT 2:

I think it's a problem with the Apache radar.

I loaded with hellfire with the Blackfoot, and the targets DO appear on the radar and there is no problem this time.

Retried with the Apache and the radar remains empty.

That is why the targets can't be locked by the hellfire.

Now, the question is WHY?

1 hour ago, Wiki said:

I use the "lock" keybind.

What is exact bind of your "R"?

In the command/weapon menu, I have "LOCK", "REVEAL", "NEXT TARGET", "NEXT TARGET - empty, "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle)" and "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle) - empty"

So far,  "NEXT TARGET", "NEXT TARGET - empty, "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle)" and "NEXT TARGET (in vehicle) - empty" don't work, it just cancel the target.

And with "LOCK", I have the image I posted.

Stable branch, only CUP loaded

Also, I just tried the sidewinders: that work.

I can lock a flying target with the sidewinders with radar on and just pressing TAB ("Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)")

But a vehicle (car, ifv, apc... whatever) with radar on and hellfire L --> no

EDIT

Stupid interrogation, but I tried to put 1 Apach multirole + 4 BMP

They don't appear on the radar, so that may explain why the hellfire cannot lock on them?

Although I target them, the radar remains empty.

EDIT 2:

I think it's a problem with the Apache radar.

I loaded with hellfire with the Blackfoot, and the targets DO appear on the radar and there is no problem this time.

Retried with the Apache and the radar remains empty.

That is why the targets can't be locked by the hellfire.

Now, the question is WHY?

My "R" is bound to lock target (in vehicle).  That's default as I don't change my key bindings.  I had issues using the radar earlier and I believe it was suggested to me on these forums to use R when wanting to select radar targets. 

Regardless, I'm having a similar issue to you.  Tanks, APC's, etc, won't show up on radar until I'm insanely close to them.  Targets that have a radar ie AAA or SAM sites show on the radar but I can't change to that target or lock on to them, especially at a distance greater than around 2km

Likely, the radar's groundNoiseDistanceCoef and maxGroundNoiseDistance need tweaking a bit for detecting ground targets.

Possibly the base values from SensorTemplateActiveRadar changed in Arma 3 to help mask low-flying aircraft, since most radar applications in Arma 3 are anti-air.

I know I recently had to do some config changes for an Mi-28 radar, where I was fairly certain it could detect ground targets when it was initially configured.

22 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

My "R" is bound to lock target (in vehicle).  That's default as I don't change my key bindings.  I had issues using the radar earlier and I believe it was suggested to me on these forums to use R when wanting to select radar targets. 

Guys, as I said, what you need to do is point at the target and press right mouse button, that will lock on. The rest is being investigated.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Likely, the radar's groundNoiseDistanceCoef and maxGroundNoiseDistance need tweaking a bit for detecting ground targets.

Possibly the base values from SensorTemplateActiveRadar changed in Arma 3 to help mask low-flying aircraft, since most radar applications in Arma 3 are anti-air.

I know I recently had to do some config changes for an Mi-28 radar, where I was fairly certain it could detect ground targets when it was initially configured.

Yeah, it's definitely something like that. I had first though it was the "aimDown" because I could lock on targets that are above or in the same plane as the plane. I'm currently reading up on what these things do, since I don't really have a clue about the stuff.

On 1/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, AtomicBoy said:

it has properly configured PhysX, 

The main problem is, since there is virtually no documentation and very little in terms of logic in PhysX, it's almost 100 percent trial and error, and we simply lack the manpower to do it. Not much that we can change about that, our last call for more people to join the project didn't really get heard, so we can only do so much.

On 15/01/2018 at 7:53 PM, Davewinkleman said:

Will CUP still be an ongoing project even with chairborn leaving? 

Yes.

We're still working on it. Personally, I have decided to do something else than always working on existing stuff and do something original which will be included in CUP.

Here's a teaser
IvSU6QV.jpg

• Like 3

This is a bit of an odd request, but could more MEKO 200 variants be added? I'd go into more detail, but I can't remember how to post images.

3 hours ago, Polyus said:

This is a bit of an odd request, but could more MEKO 200 variants be added? I'd go into more detail, but I can't remember how to post images.

That's the frigate ? (There's also a MEKO 20 milk cooler, but I guess you don't mean that one :D )

If we get one from somewhere, yes. If someone gets the urge and creates one, yes. Otherwise, sorry, no

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Varanon said:

That's the frigate ? (There's also a MEKO 20 milk cooler, but I guess you don't mean that one :D )

If we get one from somewhere, yes. If someone gets the urge and creates one, yes. Otherwise, sorry, no

Yeah, its the HNZMS Te Kaha. A lot of the different variants are just the same weapons in different locations.

Like for the Greek Hydra-class, the Harpoon launchers are moved amidships, and a CIWS is put in behind the main gun.

The Te Kaha, on the other hand, has neither a forward CIWS or Harpoons, and are being refitted with Sea Ceptor missiles.

The Anzac's themselves are fitted with CEAFAR AESA radars, and Ballarat, Parramatta, Warramunga, Toowoomba, along with the Te Mana, have the Mod 4 variant of the 5" Mark 45.

The Turkish ships have Sea Zenith's and Mk 29 Sparrow launchers.

Also, I don't know what you mean? You already have the model?

On 1/18/2018 at 3:29 AM, da12thMonkey said:

Indeed that was the problem. Vanilla Blackfoot has both set to -1, so I went with that as well. Now the Longbow can lock onto a target if it has LOS.

So, AH-64D can lock targets now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alwarren said:

Indeed that was the problem. Vanilla Blackfoot has both set to -1, so I went with that as well. Now the Longbow can lock onto a target if it has LOS.

So, AH-64D can lock targets now.

Ah good.

There has been an update of CUP then?

Or is this fix on hold until a new update?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wiki said:

There has been an update of CUP then?

Or is this fix on hold until a new update?

Will be in the next update

What exactly is that tank? It might be the angle, but I just can't place it.

Leopard 2 w earlier added armor (the one in Vanilla A3 is the newer one)

1 hour ago, bars91 said:

Leopard 2 w earlier added armor (the one in Vanilla A3 is the newer one)

The one in Vanilla is the MBT Revolution which is a fork/upgrade kit of the original Leo 2A4. The one Varanon made is a Leopard 2A6. I think only Indonesia uses the Revolution, most others use either 2A4, 2A6, or are upgrading to a 2A7.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

What exactly is that tank? It might be the angle, but I just can't place it.

Leopard 2A6

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I think only Indonesia uses the Revolution, most others use either 2A4, 2A6, or are upgrading to a 2A7.

Singapore got some too i think. Or some variation.

When the Chernarussian civilian fishing boat is destroyed it doesn't sink, at least not in this mission I'm playing. It's set on Tanoa and you have to destroy it by swimming underneath it and placing C4 on its hull with ACE. After I detonate the C4 it explodes, but stays on the surface forever.

8 hours ago, pognivet said:

When the Chernarussian civilian fishing boat is destroyed it doesn't sink, at least not in this mission I'm playing. It's set on Tanoa and you have to destroy it by swimming underneath it and placing C4 on its hull with ACE. After I detonate the C4 it explodes, but stays on the surface forever.

And what if you load your mission with CUP only?

Does anyone currently have any issues with CUP vehicles being incredibly strong? I've shot T-72's in the rear and they take no damage. I've tried it with ACE on and off, and tried using RHS vehicles against them, same results.