CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

35 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

*Condescending tech support voice* Are you sure the radar is on? :) 

Seriously, though, for K version it's to be expected, you do need a laser target. L should lock onto anything you can target on radar (not vis/IR!). At least, that's how I think radar guidance works in ArmA.

Yes of course

No idea what's going on, then. Are you on devbranch? There have been some locking changes today, maybe it's related to that fix. That said, I don't have CUP right now, so I can't check. 

BTW, Seattle looks wonderful. :) Maybe my Red Dawn-inspired campaign will yet have a chance of happening... How did you guys get the reflections to work? I remember it being an issue in previous conversion attempts.

Stable branch.

Strange thing is that it does work fine with the AH-1Z.

2 things also:

- why the hellfire are now fire by the pilote and not the gunner?

- could we have a rate of fire for the rockets?

2 hours ago, Wiki said:

Stable branch.

Strange thing is that it does work fine with the AH-1Z.

Just tried it, works as expected here. You need to lock the target, and it needs to be on the radar. As has been said, the K variant is laser guided.

2 hours ago, Wiki said:

2 things also:

- why the hellfire are now fire by the pilote and not the gunner?

They aren't. They are controlled by whatever you set them to in the loadout. Problem is, the loadout selection ("Default", "Anti-Tank" etc) does not allow for the definition of who should be able to fire them. When you put the Apache in the editor, the default loadout is Hydra pods which are pilot controlled. Selecting "Anti-Tank" switches the weapons, but (since it isn't possible) the control is not handed to the co-pilot. 

I had previously made a script that gave the weapons to the right controller, but that was before BIS added the possibility to switch that in the editor. I wish there was a way to determine the default controller in the magazine config, and I have previously asked for this feature, but sadly, it was never added.

2 hours ago, Wiki said:

- could we have a rate of fire for the rockets?

Could point. Please make a ticket on bugs.cup-arma3.org. Thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Just tried it, works as expected here. You need to lock the target, and it needs to be on the radar. As has been said, the K variant is laser guided.

Yes, I know.

Was trying with the L version

Tried again:

• put a multirole Apache
  • switched to hellfire
  • tried to target a vehicle
  • missile doesn't lock

22 hours ago, Davewinkleman said:

Will CUP still be an ongoing project even with chairborn leaving? 

I will certainly would imagine so, as there are lots of modders working on CUP. Check out their Discord to see. 

hello,

About the wasp class lhd. Can the AI Planes Take Off or Land over the Deck of the LHD? I mean, if I place a support module over the ship, can the plane Take off from it?

br

Atomicboy

Hi there! I tried to look up the class name for the MH-60S M3M and was unable to see it. Could someone please help me? We are running a CUP based Liberation map and I would like to use that helicopter specifically as the unit I roll with is a USN unit. 

Thanks in advance!!

~Rob

1 hour ago, robert31178 said:

Hi there! I tried to look up the class name for the MH-60S M3M and was unable to see it. Could someone please help me? We are running a CUP based Liberation map and I would like to use that helicopter specifically as the unit I roll with is a USN unit. 

Thanks in advance!!

~Rob

Hello Rob

CUP_B_UH60S_USN

Saludos

BR

AtomicBoy

2 hours ago, AtomicBoy said:

About the wasp class lhd. Can the AI Planes Take Off or Land over the Deck of the LHD? I mean, if I place a support module over the ship, can the plane Take off from it?

VTOLs only, like IRL. LHD's deck is too short for normal fixed wing, some small (Cessna-sized, that is) STOLs could use it, but it's not normally done. Fixed wing support module may not work in that case (never used it, so I don't know how it works), and I'm not sure about helicopter ones. Invisible helipad might help with the latter, though I'm not sure about that, either.

5 hours ago, Wiki said:
  • missile doesn't lock

Tried again, they lock for me. However,I did notice a difference to vanilla armaments, namely that I use right mouse button to designate a target, while TAB is enough on Vanilla. I'll investigate.

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

VTOLs only, like IRL. LHD's deck is too short for normal fixed wing, some small (Cessna-sized, that is) STOLs could use it, but it's not normally done. Fixed wing support module may not work in that case (never used it, so I don't know how it works), and I'm not sure about helicopter ones. Invisible helipad might help with the latter, though I'm not sure about that, either.

thanks for the reply. I'm using an av-8a modified to vtol = 4; In this way, take off at airports and land on LHD with Invisible helipad.

The problem is that the av8-a does not take off from the LHD, does anyone know if modifying the LHD addon by adding an ilsPosition or how to add the Aircraft carrier landing config?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Airport_Configuration

class CfgVehicles
{
     class AirportBase;
     class DynamicAirport_01_F: AirportBase
     {
scope = 1;
displayName = "Dynamic Airport";
DLC = Jets;

editorCategory = "EdCat_Structures";
editorSubcategory = "EdSubcat_AircraftCarrier";
icon = iconObject_1x1;

// airplanes with "tailHook = true" will be able to land here
isCarrier = true;

ilsPosition [] = {-5, 150};
ilsDirection [] = {-0.5, 0.08, 3};
ilsTaxiIn [] = {40, -60, 35, -80, 25, -80, 20, -70, -10, 110};
ilsTaxiOff [] = {40, -60, 35, -80, 25, -80, 20, -70, -10, 110};
     };
};

Thanks and greetings to all

6 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Tried again, they lock for me. However,I did notice a difference to vanilla armaments, namely that I use right mouse button to designate a target, while TAB is enough on Vanilla. I'll investigate.

What action did you bind on those key?

Cause we probably don't have the same.

7 minutes ago, AtomicBoy said:

thanks for the reply. I'm using an av-8a modified to vtol = 4; In this way, take off at airports and land on LHD with Invisible helipad.

vtol = 4 will not change anything, unless the Harrier has properly configured PhysX, it won't VTOL until it is at least 5 km/h. That is because simulation="airplane" is broken, and simulation="airplanex" will not work without physx. However, I have not managed to configure a plane with PhysX, and I haven't gotten hold of anyone at BIS that can explain to me how it is supposed to work.

So, sadly, nothing you can do about it ATM.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wiki said:

What action did you bind on those key?

Cause we probably don't have the same.

Tab for me is mapped to "Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)".

Hold secondary mouse button is mapped to "Lock Target".

I tried putting the Hellfires on the Blackfoot, and they work there, so it seems to be an issue with the Apache. OTOH, they do lock on the AH-1Z which doesn't even have a Radar.. seems there are some fixes needed :|

Just now, Alwarren said:

Tab for me is mapped to "Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)".

Hold secondary mouse button is mapped to "Lock Target".

I tried putting the Hellfires on the Blackfoot, and they work there, so it seems to be an issue with the Apache. OTOH, they do lock on the AH-1Z which doesn't even have a Radar.. seems there are some fixes needed :|

Ok, pretty much the same then.

Yes, that is what i said:

Hellfire L work with the AH-1Z but not the AH-64D.

That is why I was asking here, if it was me only having issue or not

1 minute ago, Wiki said:

Hellfire L work with the AH-1Z but not the AH-64D.

Yeah I forgot that the AH-1Z doesn't even have RADAR. I think there is an external Radar pot, but so far (and probably in the future as well) no components can be mounted via magazines, so sadly, no Radar pods.

The AH-64 does work via the "Lock Target" function. But with the lack of a Radar on the Viper, I guess there is an issue with the Hellfire's locking mechanism.

3 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Yeah I forgot that the AH-1Z doesn't even have RADAR. I think there is an external Radar pot, but so far (and probably in the future as well) no components can be mounted via magazines, so sadly, no Radar pods.

The AH-64 does work via the "Lock Target" function. But with the lack of a Radar on the Viper, I guess there is an issue with the Hellfire's locking mechanism.

Hum, ok.

WIll try something.

However, if K is only by laser and L by radar, it means the AH-1Z Viper shouldn't be able to use any of them then.

16 hours ago, Wiki said:

However, if K is only by laser and L by radar, it means the AH-1Z Viper shouldn't be able to use any of them then.

The AH-1Z should not be able to load the L ("Longbow") Variant, but it can load the K variant since the gunner has a laser designator. The major problem is that BIS never told their AI gunners how to use that, so it will be difficult to use it in Single player. Frankly, I don't know what to do about that; we might give the pilot a targeting camera with laser for this. The better solution would have been if the AI could actually use the laser designator, but for some reason, it doesn't work.

To make it more simple, just let the hellfire being able to lock the hellfire while using TAB ("Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Alwarren said:

vtol = 4 will not change anything, unless the Harrier has properly configured PhysX, it won't VTOL until it is at least 5 km/h. That is because simulation="airplane" is broken, and simulation="airplanex" will not work without physx. However, I have not managed to configure a plane with PhysX, and I haven't gotten hold of anyone at BIS that can explain to me how it is supposed to work.

I think the Unsung Mod has got their planes working with airplanex, perhaps contact them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Hello,

the harrier "maqueado" by mine is AV-8B Harrier 2 Series Standalone, it has properly configured PhysX, 

Br

Atomic boy

7 hours ago, Alwarren said:

The AH-1Z should not be able to load the L ("Longbow") Variant, but it can load the K variant since the gunner has a laser designator. The major problem is that BIS never told their AI gunners how to use that, so it will be difficult to use it in Single player. Frankly, I don't know what to do about that; we might give the pilot a targeting camera with laser for this. The better solution would have been if the AI could actually use the laser designator, but for some reason, it doesn't work.

I think giving the pilot control of the gun cam and LD would be a good workaround.  I believe Firewill did that for his F-15E, that way if you're playing SP you don't have to rely on an AI WSO or have a 2nd player lase and deploy the weapons. 

To echo what wiki said, I've been having problems with the Apache and L model Hellfires for a while.  I just did a quick test on Utes (no other mods besides 3den enhanced running).  Vs a 2S6, it shows up on the radar as a radar target, but hitting t, r or tab does nothing until well within visual range or the tunguska turns its radar on briefly to engage me.  I dunno if that's how the BIS radar works, but it shouldn't matter if there is an active radar.  As long as the FCR detects a target, I should be able to lock.  Against a T-90 that has no radar, the target will not appear on radar at all until I'm damn near on top of it and well within visual range (yes, my radar is on).  The AI gunner called out the target from 4km, meaning it could get a visual ID on the target and I was flying high enough so that I knew there was no physical terrain features blocking the radar.  I dunno if it's an issue with the Apache or the BIS radar system.  It makes it difficult to use the 64D as it was intended which pop up, find radar targets, let loose some hellfires and kill the enemy before it even know where the aircraft was. 

Also, the 64 is WAY too fast.  It can get up to 350+ km/h and trying maneuver at that speed results in virtually no control of the aircraft

So, here is a picture of what I get with hellfire L and Apache:

1516229249-desktop-01-17-2018-23-43-18-0

See? The vehicle is targeted, but no lock.

Radar is on.

I got this picture when I use "Lock" key.

Using TAB ("Next Target" and "Next Target (in vehicle)" doesn't work - it just cancel the target.