CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

22 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Is there a ticket for this on the issue tracker ?

No as I don't think it's a bug.

Good evening Ladies and Gentelmen

The Community Upgrade Project (CUP) is still looking for helpers to further improve our mods.

What we need:
- Skrip/Config Gurus
- 3D Wizzards
- Terrain Magicians
- Insane people in general

What do you get:
- A lot of #350
- Unnecessary Tags, mostly when you sleep
- No fame
- A lot of shitstorms why the mods are so big

What you seriously get:
- All the above
- Access to a metric ton of data, information and knowledge
- A wide range of useful contacts to Legends of the Armaverse (Marvel just bought the film rights to "Legends of the Armaverse" for #350)

What you are working on:
- Whatever you want, whenever you want... Sort of...

Did we catch your interest? Visit us on our discord for more information!
https://discord.me/cup-arma3

Also, some stuff we are working on:

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, galet_ykt said:

:hyper:

I prefer this one ;-) :

• Like 3

Hi,

Vehicle weapon zeroing is not updated via Laze Target as it is for vanilla A3, correct?  You still must update it manually?

Using 1.78 stable and latest CUP files.  Thanks for latest CUP updates!

Cheers

2 hours ago, OMAC said:

Vehicle weapon zeroing is not updated via Laze Target as it is for vanilla A3, correct?  You still must update it manually?

Correct. The next update should fix this.

Excellent, thanks!

I think the latest ArmA3 update broke the Mi-24 Hind. When rolling on the ground even at low speed and when landing the helicopter takes damage and eventually explodes.

Edit: Nevermind. It even happens to vanilla choppers like the Kaiman

Dear CUP team,

would it be possible to get the C-130 and An-2 physX wheel setup you upgraded them with?

For the Su-34 I somehow managed but for the C-130 and An-2 I just gave up. I marvel at how you managed this.

many thanks

2 hours ago, DSabre said:

would it be possible to get the C-130 and An-2 physX wheel setup you upgraded them with?

For the Su-34 I somehow managed but for the C-130 and An-2 I just gave up. I marvel at how you managed this.

To be honest, I don't think that any of our planes has a proper wheel physX setup. I remember trying on the F-35 but postponing since we were about the release an update, and haven't touched it since. They area all "simulation="airplane";" which also causes trouble with the air support module since BIS decided that "airplane" is no longer a plane but "airplaneX" is.

Did I mention I am really hating PhysX?

14 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

...Did I mention I am really hating PhysX?

Glad I am not alone.

I actually tried to revert to the old simulation too before posting. The C-130 does wheelies no matter where I put the CoG and I am giving up on it.

I forgot how to do the old airplane thing and really don't want to learn it again. I remember it was a major pain to get it work in the first place. Then upgrade it to airplaneX and now here we are again : D - yay

So if it were possible to get the geo/landcontacts of the C-130 and An-2 you are using - I would be very grateful.

** and again many many thanks for the blender plugin!! **

Edited by DSabre
forgot something
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alwarren said:

which also causes trouble with the air support module since BIS decided that "airplane" is no longer a plane but "airplaneX" is.

And improper VTOL!

8 hours ago, DSabre said:

Glad I am not alone.

I actually tried to revert to the old simulation too before posting. The C-130 does wheelies no matter where I put the CoG and I am giving up on it.

I forgot how to do the old airplane thing and really don't want to learn it again. I remember it was a major pain to get it work in the first place. Then upgrade it to airplaneX and now here we are again : D - yay

I got the F-35 to a point were taking a corner on the taxiway would automatically explode it. If I tweaked around with it, it would spontaneously self-combust when someone looked at it. It's something to grow grey hair over if I had hair...

So if it were possible to get the geo/landcontacts of the C-130 and An-2 you are using - I would be very grateful.

I'll try to remember. Feel free to nag me on discord or by PM if I forget.

** and again many many thanks for the blender plugin!! **

You're welcome :)

3 hours ago, jonpas said:

And improper VTOL!

Right, that too. You can only start to adjust vectoring when going above five km/h :evil:

Speaking about exploding... If you collide with a motorbike, everything explodes ;) I'll try to make an issue later.

5 hours ago, yourstruly said:

...everything explodes ;)...

CUP devs have clearly watched too many Michael Bay movies :f:

Arma 3 has a long history of exploding vehicles. I posted a video on YT in 2014 that showed a vanilla tank ramming one of those go karts and the tank would explode. Bohemia eventually fixed that.

On 10.1.2018 at 10:59 AM, yourstruly said:

Speaking about exploding... If you collide with a motorbike, everything explodes ;) I'll try to make an issue later.

Isn't that the proper Arma2 behaviour? :P

4 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Isn't that the proper Arma2 behaviour? :P

You mean Derka-Derka simulator 2? Then yeah) Seems like the case. After all CUP is all about that sweet sweet A2 clunkyness  nostalgia :f:

• Like 1

Hellfire missiles don't work with the Apache or is it just me?

I tried to use K and L version.

I assume K need to have a laser target so that may explain why it doesn't lock.

But with the L version, even if I pick up a target, the missile won't lock on it.

*Condescending tech support voice* Are you sure the radar is on? :) 

Seriously, though, for K version it's to be expected, you do need a laser target. L should lock onto anything you can target on radar (not vis/IR!). At least, that's how I think radar guidance works in ArmA.