CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

On 11/9/2017 at 4:40 AM, pvt. partz said:

It seems this error has been around for quite sometime. While looking around, I found  THIS  thread in which one member mentions that it could be that one of the crew has an M16 on him. So has anyone from either Team (CUP or UNSUNG) has a chance to research this? and. If this fix is easier said than done, does it hurt the game play other than an annoying popup? My friend who is testing a little for me said that he gets the error a few times (I now ask him if it might be occurring during chopper S&D runs) and, he also has had a few game crashes.

Here's the choppers in the mission at hand...

"CUP_O_UH1H_slick_SLA",
    "CUP_O_UH1H_SLA",
    "CUP_O_UH1H_slick_TKA",
    "CUP_O_UH1H_TKA",
    "CUP_I_UH1H_slick_TK_GUE",
    "CUP_I_UH1H_TK_GUE"

NAM_M16 is not a classname of ours, so my guess is somewhere the mission is trying to add that classname to the vehicle inventory, but since the weapon doesn't exist in your game version, it spawns an error.

In the meantime, we're adding PIP mirrors to the Hinds:

Vbgk32T.jpg

• Like 14

my guess is somewhere the mission is trying to add that classname to the vehicle inventory, but since the weapon doesn't exist in your game version, it spawns an error.

,....ah, as a light bulb goes on in my head.  So I've kept digging over the past few days and found out that the Personnel in the supplied by unsung in fact some of the armored vehicles do have M16 weapons, so what you're saying is all I have to do is find out the class names of those M16 weapons and add them to my inventory in the mission and everything should be good to go . I'll have to give that a whirl tonight.

20 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

,....ah, as a light bulb goes on in my head.  So I've kept digging over the past few days and found out that the Personnel in the supplied by unsung in fact some of the armored vehicles do have M16 weapons, so what you're saying is all I have to do is find out the class names of those M16 weapons and add them to my inventory in the mission and everything should be good to go . I'll have to give that a whirl tonight.

No, it doesn't work that way. The reference to NAM_M16 is within the Unsung mod and will be fixed in Unsung Echo, not before. You can only ignore this popup for now or use Unsung units which do not refer to NAM_M16.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Valenches.C said:

Really hoping CUP and Unsung integrate more so that Steam access can be realized.

Not sure about integration, but Unsung will be on steam with the release of Echo.

Anyone who uses VCOM AI or has seen the new additions of dynamic static weapon assembling and disassembling by enemy AI, plus enemy AI making use of mines and explosive, it really adds another dimension to the battlefield.  We've had a blast with it using CUP units.

I have created a faction config pack that utilizes these features.  It contains 13 factions in the pack, including all of my Asian and African CUP factions, as well as enhanced vanilla SLA, Taki Army, and Chedaki forces with new groups, etc.

Only dependency is CUP and you get the extra features if you use VCOM AI as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133783893

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 9:51 PM, pvt. partz said:

No, quite the opposite, you need to remove that classname from your mission/whatever is calling it, or wait for the Unsung patch to be out.

Just a head's up, Night515 over at the Aegis mod has a pretty good port of the F-35, updated with dynamic loadouts, sensors, a stealth/non-stealth version, using the same updates VTOL system as the Xian/Blackfish, and a working HUD indicating the vectoring state. I know you're a bit overworked and most of the aircraft haven't received an update in light of the Jets DLC, so maybe if you contacted him he'd be willing to share? He's also got some nice Olive skins for the Pacific NATO forces.... something that seems like it should have already been in the Apex expansion, and I doubt people would object to it in CUP.

Also, I noticed something strange about the CBA addons... for some reason they modify the Taru (but not Huron) Ammo, Fuel, and Repair pods. I had some missions I made with CUP loaded (but not using any vehicles added by CUP), and thus CBA loaded, that I thought would work fine without CUP/CBA loaded, but they wouldn't load.

Also for some strange reason, there is a static com tower prop that is modified by CBA.

These seem like errors to me, because I was under the impression that this collection of mods was purely additive, and didn't modify stock assets (and is thus one of the main reasons I'd prefer to use CUP for F-35s instead of Aegis for the F-35)

4 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Also, I noticed something strange about the CBA addons... for some reason they modify the Taru (but not Huron) Ammo, Fuel, and Repair pods. I had some missions I made with CUP loaded (but not using any vehicles added by CUP), and thus CBA loaded, that I thought would work fine without CUP/CBA loaded, but they wouldn't load.

Also for some strange reason, there is a static com tower prop that is modified by CBA.

These seem like errors to me, because I was under the impression that this collection of mods was purely additive, and didn't modify stock assets (and is thus one of the main reasons I'd prefer to use CUP for F-35s instead of Aegis for the F-35)

You should definitely report that to the CBA issue tracker on GitHub then. Just make sure it's really CBA changing things, and not something else.

3 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Doae CUP always name their assets starting with cup?

Yes, it should be the case at least. I guess there could be a small possibility something was missed, in which case it would probably have prefix "ca" or something that vanilla assets used in previous games.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Those overwrite the EventHandlers class instead of inheriting it from their parents, which would break the Extended EventHanders component of CBA_A3. Therefore I have to add back the CBA_Extended_EventHandlers class. Sucks that the editor makes a dependency out of this, but that is a problem of 3den and nothing the community can fix. Always disable all mods if you want to make a mission that should work without mods.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/blob/master/addons/xeh/CfgVehicles.hpp#L229-L316

Interesting, it seems very strange that this applies just to the Taru pods, and one static tower... but I guess its already known and there's nothing that can be reasonably done.

toot toot HELLO SIR DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT DEMOCRACY?

arma3diag_x64_2017-09-22_00-32-39-60.jpg

Special thanks to Rygugu for giving us permissions to use his work!

• Like 35

13 minutes ago, Gruntini said:

Awesome! I'm pumped to finally have a western armor piece to match the T-55. Can't wait!

Out of curiosity, what variant is it going to be?

A3, with the .50cal in the commander's cupola.

• Like 2

What about TTS? ERA? Will it be available for US as well or just lower-tech blu/greenfor factions?

I have to say I'm quite excited for this one. Haven't seen a decent M60 in a long time and now it's coming to the premiere add all the things mod. It'll be a good match for both the T-55 and T-72 and it will be nice to have cannon fodder for high-end REDFOR tanks for once

BTW, hilarious but frustrating bug with the TOW Stryker (1135), When you launch a missile, instead of travelling straight forwards, the missile immediately curves straight up, looping around before exploding behind the vehicle. Doesn't seem to affect the Bradley or hummer, just the Stryker

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chairborne said:

toot toot HELLO SIR DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT DEMOCRACY?

Seems extremely good quality, at least from that screenshot. Excellent work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

What about TTS? ERA? Will it be available for US as well or just lower-tech blu/greenfor factions?

I have to say I'm quite excited for this one. Haven't seen a decent M60 in a long time and now it's coming to the premiere add all the things mod. It'll be a good match for both the T-55 and T-72 and it will be nice to have cannon fodder for high-end REDFOR tanks for once

BTW, hilarious but frustrating bug with the TOW Stryker (1135), When you launch a missile, instead of travelling straight forwards, the missile immediately curves straight up, looping around before exploding behind the vehicle. Doesn't seem to affect the Bradley or hummer, just the Stryker

It's only available for USMC right now, but the hull has no markings, just plain woodland camo.

No other variants are planned for now but we want to add it to RACS as well (unfortunately hiddenselections are not set up yet, but that should happen soon).

Don't talk too fast, it still has APFSDS rounds contrary to the crappy HEATs on the T-55A, you might be in for a bad surprise.:y:

About the TOW a ticket was made, we'll look into it.

• Like 5

Imgur decided to be uncooperative so you get a Twitter link instead:

• Like 9

On 12.9.2017 at 7:06 PM, Chairborne said:

NAM_M16 is not a classname of ours, so my guess is somewhere the mission is trying to add that classname to the vehicle inventory, but since the weapon doesn't exist in your game version, it spawns an error.

In the meantime, we're adding PIP mirrors to the Hinds:

Vbgk32T.jpg

That should really help me to reverse park that beast. Great job! :D

• Like 1

That Patton looks nice. Guess we're one step closer to a full OFP lineup. :) 

13 hours ago, Chairborne said:

It's only available for USMC right now, but the hull has no markings, just plain woodland camo.

No other variants are planned for now but we want to add it to RACS as well (unfortunately hiddenselections are not set up yet, but that should happen soon).

Don't talk too fast, it still has APFSDS rounds contrary to the crappy HEATs on the T-55A, you might be in for a bad surprise.:y:

B-but HEAT-FS is so gud in warthunder... *slapped for referencing a far less SERIOUS game than arma* (and completely ignoring the fact that tank armor nowadays it just a tad more sophisticated than it was in the 70s XD)

USMC and RACS will be nice. I always found it slightly bothersome that RACS, a clearly Western-armed faction, had to use T-72s. No matter what you guys do I'll be happy to have such a splendid middle-finger to the lightly-armored and low-slung Russian tanks at my disposal :)

I tried to make a ticket myself for you on the TOW thing but Phabricator decided "nah m8, that ain't happening." I'll try to make my own tickets from now on. I'll at least try to get a half-decent clip of it for demonstration purposes.

Edit: added short video to ticket. I also went through all of the other ground vehicles and turrets with ATGMs and confirmed that the Stryker is the only one affected