CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

First of all sorry for not using the bug tracker od dev.cup. I'm just too impatient to get them to work with me. But a quick search did not show this issue to be reported.

The UH-60's currently seem to have scuffed attachment point for ACE FRIES. It spawn directly in the middle of the cargo bay at about a knee height. My guess is it does not have an offset set in config so it spawns in the center of the model.

Is there any chance to see this fixed and/or is there any way I can fix this on a mission maker level by script/function/etc? 

3 hours ago, realcombatpl said:

First of all sorry for not using the bug tracker od dev.cup. I'm just too impatient to get them to work with me.

"too impatient" is a bit of a weak reason not to use the tracker. If it isn't reported chances are good that it is overlooked.

• Like 1

Well you should get that looked at because I'm too impatient to play with a broken mod  :dummy:

20 hours ago, realcombatpl said:

First of all sorry for not using the bug tracker od dev.cup. I'm just too impatient to get them to work with me. 

As said by others, please use the bugtracker. I for one refuse to invest time into fixing things when people aren't even willing to spent considerably less time (than it takes to fix this) in reporting them.

• Like 6

You should be able to remove the LHD from Utes if you don't need it. Devbranch has a map object removal gizmo (dunno if it's in main yet, probably not), but there's a way to do it without it.

If you want LHD without the lights, that might be a bit harder.

Is this even Utes, or is that the Wasp class LHD?

In any case, I don't think you can turn off the lights..

Hi guys,

could you help me? I tried to load a mission in 3Den of a campaign I have ported from Arma 2 which I haven't touched for some months. But as soon as I click on Open, the game crashes with an error. I opened a thread on this here.

My question is: That CUP stuff in the class AddonsMetaData in the mission.sqm files - are these names of the CUP addons? I'm not sure about that as I searched in the CUP folders and didn't find many of them (e.g. CUP_A2_EditorObjects, CUP_CAMisc, CUP_A2_EditorObjects, etc.). I found others though, like CUP_WheeledVehicles_LR.pbo

Or could it be that these names were changed in the latest CUPdates? That would clear it up and I could just correct them.

If you could point me in a direction, that would be great! Also if you have another idea on the issue itself (see my thread). 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Undeceived said:

My question is: That CUP stuff in the class AddonsMetaData in the mission.sqm files - are these names of the CUP addons? I'm not sure about that as I searched in the CUP folders and didn't find many of them (e.g. CUP_A2_EditorObjects, CUP_CAMisc, CUP_A2_EditorObjects, etc.). I found others though, like CUP_WheeledVehicles_LR.pbo

The stuff you see in AddonsMetaData isn't pbo names but rather CfgPatches names, which might or might not be the same.

Most of the stuff you list is from the Terrain pack... It shouldn't really cause a crash though. Maybe you have corrupted files?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undeceived said:

But as soon as I click on Open, the game crashes with an error. I opened a thread on this here.

I tried, and I can confirm, it crashes, but it'll be hard to find out why, really...

One of the few things I saw Arma crash with was using something with a non-existing model, like, you place something on the map and if it doesn't have a model, it would crash.

I'll take a look, but chances are that this will be pretty hard to find.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Varanon said:

this will be pretty hard to find

You're right here and I have only found it by coincidence:float:

Thanks a lot for your support, guys! I hope I can release my CUP campaign anytime soon. 

Still need some assets, but I already saw that some have arrived in the meanwhile. Thanks for your work, CUP team!

• Like 3

On 22.8.2017 at 0:36 AM, churrofighter said:

Is it possible to turn the LHD lights off? 

One thing that came to my mind are black painted user textures. :dontgetit: But if I remember correctly light shines through them (even though maybe there is a way to prevent that...).

Hey. Are there any plans to continue like adding assets/vehicles or you will only just fixing and improving CUP content?

2 hours ago, DonbassCZ said:

Hey. Are there any plans to continue like adding assets/vehicles or you will only just fixing and improving CUP content?

We'll keep doing what we're doing. We actually have a backlog of stuff that was donated to us for inclusion and that we hadn't had time yet to add, so I would expect more. Also, we didn't port everything yet, like the ACR units and, most importantly, the trator !

At the moment though the dynamic loadouts for the planes are a high priority.

• Like 6

I think i may have asked this before, but when you finish working on the assets, do you have any plans to try porting Arma2's campaign or missions etc? Would love to play the campaign again.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

But what about the Taki Civ units?!?!?!?!?   :dummy:

DELAY 12 MONTHS!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

I think i may have asked this before, but when you finish working on the assets, do you have any plans to try porting Arma2's campaign or missions etc? Would love to play the campaign again.

Some work on this has already been carried out. As usual, no timeframe beyond "When it's done"

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Varanon said:

Some work on this has already been carried out. As usual, no timeframe beyond "When it's done"

Awesome! Just great to hear it is not impossible :)

19 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Awesome! Just great to hear it is not impossible :)

It is impossible, there is no female model ^^ (just kidding)

Good news - though I hope it's Operation Arrowhead rather than Harvest Red (not a big fan of warfare missions) ;-)

• Like 3

Almost certainly, ArmA3 lacked proper support for Warfare last time I checked. High Command works (somewhat), but I don't think base building does. That said, I wouldn't mind if those missions were remade into regular sandbox missions (which they should work pretty well as, assuming they're balanced properly).

Or perhaps, a far superior base building and AI management system could be adopted from BeCTI or any other derivative.

CUP is CUP, though. I wouldn't want to download any other mod to play its campaigns. 

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

CUP is CUP, though. I wouldn't want to download any other mod to play its campaigns. 

So a separate mod by CUP Team named "CUP Missions" you wouldn't want? But if those missions would be eg. part of "CUP Vehicles" (that doesn't make sense btw) you would? ^^