CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

1 hour ago, hcpookie said:

lol because you basically said "your mod sucks since the update" and they know all the details anyway so really there is no point to the question.  "when it is done"

No, he said that "Apaches are useless", which they are, along with practically every mod aircraft using guided missiles of any kind (excluding pure SACLOS, which actually got better). No need for knee-jerk responses.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

No, he said that "Apaches are useless", which they are, along with practically every mod aircraft using guided missiles of any kind (excluding pure SACLOS, which actually got better). No need for knee-jerk responses.

Pot kettle black.

Saying something is "useless" is a fair comment when you've paid for something.

However that same comment when applied to volunteers comes across very differently.

At best it comes across as ungrateful, at worst a slap in the face.

So don't be surprised by the sudden strength of reaction from some volunteers.

If, this distinction is too subtle to appreciate, try volunteer work (sports club, soup kitchen or local charity), then get criticised by someone who doesn't contribute and see how you feel...

I'm not suggesting that all modders are untouchable because they volunteer (I've seen that at my local rugby club), but outsiders need to exercise some caution when criticising.

• Like 4

It's a fair comment regardless of whether something is paid for or not. It's also a fair comment regardless of whether the maker can take criticism or not. 

I made mods for two other games, so I know what I'm talking about. That you work for free doesn't give you a free pass from criticism. If something doesn't work or is unusable (which fundamentally means the same things as useless, but sounds nicer), then it doesn't, no matter if the creator got paid or not. 

• Like 2

Just now, dragon01 said:

It's a fair comment regardless of whether something is paid for or not. It's also a fair comment regardless of whether the maker can take criticism or not. 

I made mods for two other games, so I know what I'm talking about. That you work for free doesn't give you a free pass from criticism. If something doesn't work or is unusable (which fundamentally means the same things as useless, but sounds nicer), then it doesn't, no matter if the creator got paid or not. 

I never said that volunteers get a free pass. In fact I explicitly stated that.

I'm simply suggesting that most people are human, i.e. they'll take criticism worse when working for free.

I think that most of us would agree that criticism is OK provided it's constructive.

For most of us "useless" is not constructive.

• Like 3

Coming in here saying stuff "is useless" makes you look like a whiny crybaby.

For the record the sensor tech has been added weeks ago to CUP DEV, and the reason we had to delay the stable patch was because of technical problems, but after seeing all this shitposting i'm definitely NOT in a hurry to put it out.

• Like 7

Would you prefer this thread to be silent instead? For me, there's nothing worse than the thread being silent, slowly dropping off the front page. That's demotivating, because it shows people don't care or simply don't use the mod. Try putting your work into an entire mod that turns out "useless" and gets ignored, and you'll welcome that kind of comments.

Also, it seems like you're putting too much weigh on words. Substitute "unusable" for "useless" and see if it'd rate a snippy remark in that form. It's an international forum, where considering the intended meaning, not words, is especially good advice.

Oh no, please PLEASE DONT GO! I need your validation! I'll get down to releasing the patch right away!

Lmao...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Would you prefer this thread to be silent instead? For me, there's nothing worse than the thread being silent, slowly dropping off the front page. That's demotivating, because it shows people don't care or simply don't use the mod. Try putting your work into an entire mod that turns out "useless" and gets ignored, and you'll welcome that kind of comments.

How about this:

"Are there any plans for a sensor upgrade for the CUP vehicles? Right now, with the new patch there are issues with the Apache and A-10"

See? Completely unoffensive. It's always a matter of how you ask. 

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Also, it seems like you're putting too much weigh on words. Substitute "unusable" for "useless" and see if it'd rate a snippy remark in that form. It's an international forum, where considering the intended meaning, not words, is especially good advice.

Really, don't you think that at one point each and every one of us has it with comments? If you get bombarded with that stuff on Facebook and Discord, when you get people whining to you for each and every little thing all day long, I am sorry, yes, you get sensitive to that, and yes, "useless" becomes a trigger word. 

If I told you to "shut the fuck up" vs. "please don't make degrading comments" would you tell me that is okay because, hey, what are words? Words are the only thing that we use to communicate here.

Everybody seems to think that theirs is the only request, the only comment, the only snappy remark. You might have noticed my post about the Taki Civilians, because that is an equally sore topic. We're working very hard on this stuff, and the least we can ask for is a little bit of respect. You want to keep your comment short? Well, at least take the time to write it nicely, because we're sure as hell going to take a lot more time fixing that stuff.

So, if that was too harsh for you, feel free to call me a tosser and go elsewhere. I am tired of people making snappy comment, and tired of White Knights riding in to defend them.

• Like 12

All I'm saying is that many people here are taking the comments way too emotionally. Recently-ish, a moderator outright told an RHS team member to knock it off regarding their "no requests" policy and outright venomous responses such things draw. Even outright ignoring such comments would make the place seem more positive.

19 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

If I told you to "shut the fuck up" vs. "please don't make degrading comments" would you tell me that is okay because, hey, what are words? Words are the only thing that we use to communicate here.

The meaning is the same and if you omitted "please" from the latter it wouldn't be much less rude than the former. With some additional dressing (or just the right delivery) it could be more snippy, while appearing gentler on the surface. All this is meaningless, because the message is "I don't want to listen to you and don't care for what you said", regardless of dressing (and if I think what I'm saying is important, I'd take offense either way). Given that people here range from native speakers to people who use Google Translate for everything, I learned to pay little heed to words. The latter always come out as very blunt (given that Google turns anything more eloquent into gibberish, I prefer it that way) and even without it, it's fruitless to expect non-English speakers to be needlessly wordy for the sake of politeness (some of which don't even have a distinction between "useless" and "unusable").

16 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

-snip-

And now i hope we can get back to the thread topic. Thanks

• Like 3

I have a question..however it may be borderline of my getting an infraction or not..lol..I was curious if CUP is taking over Burnes MK10 or LCAC Landing crafts..I know the files were released by burnes and if I could Mod at all I'd have tried to fix them but I cant even get a simple box into the game. Anyway was just curious if those were something that CUP was taking over or not. Thanks for the great work you guys do.

Diesel

• Like 2

With absolutely zero reference to any recent post/poster, I want to thank the CUP team for an incredible amount of hard work that has produced a mountain of wonderful content.

The occasional glitch that might have sneaked through is trivial compared with the outstanding overall quality of their (entirely voluntary!) output. Who would have dreamt that not only would there not be a huge hole where BIS' brilliant Chernarus terrain once reigned supreme, but several versions for A3?

Many thanks, CUP team. I wish I had a shred of your competence.

(If I can ever stop the STEAMing puddle of poo from endlessly duplicating each and every workshop mod download, maybe I can enjoy playing the latest updates...)

• Like 9

Hello, guys, girls, thank's to bring us those A2 stuff to A3. 

I had some request, maybe you can watch it:

- on US Strykers, make the "to front FFV Seat" action menu on the back exterior of the vehicle. Actually it is on the left exterior side, not realistic. The squad leader should take this place threw the rear of the vehicle, ant not climbing the vehicle.

- make hatches where transported troop can turn out: Strykers, BMP-2, BTR, Warrior, Bulldog, Dingo, Bradley.

- add ability to drivers of armored vehicles to make a smoke screen using gas and motor.

1 hour ago, kgb613 said:

Hello, guys, girls, thank's to bring us those A2 stuff to A3. 

I had some request, maybe you can watch it:

- on US Strykers, make the "to front FFV Seat" action menu on the back exterior of the vehicle. Actually it is on the left exterior side, not realistic. The squad leader should take this place threw the rear of the vehicle, ant not climbing the vehicle.

- make hatches where transported troop can turn out: Strykers, BMP-2, BTR, Warrior, Bulldog, Dingo, Bradley.

1- make a ticket in our feedback tracker

2- slowly happening already, AAV7 and LAV25 have that already, BMP2 and BTR have ride on top seats already so they wont get openable hatches.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

1- make a ticket in our feedback tracker

2- slowly happening already, AAV7 and LAV25 have that already, BMP2 and BTR have ride on top seats already so they wont get openable hatches.

about 2, maybe a another variant that have hatches instead of sitting on? Of course if you could, and can, just a idea for you guys

9 minutes ago, mihal190 said:

about 2, maybe a another variant that have hatches instead of sitting on? Of course if you could, and can, just a idea for you guys

That would mean a whole new model to have that variant. Which could be quite abit of work to add.

7 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

That would mean a whole new model to have that variant. Which could be quite abit of work to add.

im not sure, but they could just remove FFV slots and make interiors or not? and animated hatches, seems a lot of work but new model?

2 minutes ago, mihal190 said:

im not sure, but they could just remove FFV slots and make interiors or not?

They could do that, but it would need a different p3d model as the FFV slots are on the model. Interiors may already be on the model.

and animated hatches, seems a lot of work but new model?

These would need to be added to the model.

Thanks for the update! Enjoying the new sensors on the choppers :don13:

• Like 1

CUPREP #0006: MY SENSORS ARE TINGLING

The CUP Team is happy to announce the release of the 1.9.1 patch for Weapons, Units and Vehicles!

You can find the downloads on our Download page     and Steam Workshop.

Change logs will follow shortly.

Jets DLC update is here!

This patch brings in dynamic loadouts and advanced sensors for all compatible CUP vehicles and weapons.

We used values that are roughly comparable to vanilla ones to streamline the experience but that might change depending on the feedback we get from the community.

Also a new UH60 variant joins our vehicle lineup, this time featuring M3M door guns, new nose radar, fuel probe and a US Navy livery to work as a bigger brother to the old MH60 Seahawk from Arma 2 in case some of you want more bang for the buck.

New jets hitpoints are unfortunately still being worked on however you can expect them to be added sometime later (hopefully soon!) this year.

On the other hand there has been some movement in the AFM department thanks to Jonpas, as this patch brings AFM compatibility for the new Littlebirds.

We also would like to take advantage of this occasion and remind you that we have launched a new CUP DEV Branch on steam!

Just like vanilla DEV Branch, our DEV is intended for advanced users and communities who want the latest hotfixes and/or help out development with feedback.

Because of how Steam works and how we want to keep more control on who has access to this separate version, you need to befriend the CUP Team Steam account to see it.

Drop us a message on our Discord Chat (https://discord.me/cup-arma3) to let us know who you are and we'll make sure to give you access.

As usual we remind you that we have a feedback tracker you can use if you find issues with our content and ease our life: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

This is all for now, enjoy! =)

• Like 27

Have been using new stuff on dev branch already. Is good 100% can confirm

• Like 2

@CUPLooking forward to playing the CUPdate. :hammer:

• Like 3