CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

13 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

TKS

29 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Work on this is underway. No ETA yet, but we intend to add the dynamic loadout to all CUP helicopters and planes.

Thats great to hear imho the dynamic Loadout is a real game changerr, its absolutely great.

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

Work on this is underway. No ETA yet, but we intend to add the dynamic loadout to all CUP helicopters and planes.

Anyone else find that recently they are able to hit 500km/h in the CUP Apache? Because i can... :D

Makes orbiting above an area somewhat difficult.

wo3Tphh.png

• Like 1

Hmmm, I couldn't get mine over 390km, LOL. Still way fast.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

For the helicopters, are you making your own Hellfire missiles or would you be using Firewill's AWS?  Cuz it would be cool to select different hellfire types per rail (if possibile).  I think the only types of HF's in game were the K, dunno if there are/were plans to have others for different roles.  I ETSed in 2011, but at that time we were using F, K2, K2A, M, N and trying to use up whatever was left of the C's.  We didn't use the L's cuz we didn't have the FCR's when we were deployed...too much weight...though with the Block III/-64E drivetrain overhaul and full utilization of the 701D engines I don't think that's an issue anymore

We're using our own weapon systems, since we don't want to make CUP dependent on any third party addons except for CBA.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Anyone else find that recently they are able to hit 500km/h in the CUP Apache? Because i can... :D

Makes orbiting above an area somewhat difficult.

Make a ticket, we'll take a look.

• Like 2

There seems to be some bump mapping bug in the Russian uniforms (except on the commander one)

dSv6o6z.png

xvf9hJK.png

And also, US Army MICH helmets are missing their NVG mounts (except for one model with the orange-glassed goggles), but the USMC one has them

omSpBA1.png

Also I wonder, why don't the USMC frog gear use the original texture (made by sabre i think) that was included in bink's addon for A2? was it not allowed to be edited or something?

1 hour ago, simcardo said:

And also, US Army MICH helmets are missing their NVG mounts (except for one model with the orange-glassed goggles), but the USMC one has them

omSpBA1.png

Also I wonder, why don't the USMC frog gear use the original texture (made by sabre i think) that was included in bink's addon for A2? was it not allowed to be edited or something?

Is it me?

Or do those hands look freakishly large?

And orange.

Did someone install the Trump mod?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, simcardo said:

There seems to be some bump mapping bug in the Russian uniforms (except on the commander one)

If that's an issue, it's possibly the shadow volume. The normal map looks like it's displaying correctly.

hm. maybe it's accidentally the wrong normal map? those seams look weird in the first one. going over the pocket and stuff. might be just the picture.

either way, more info is probably good. although guessing is fun :f:

4 hours ago, simcardo said:

dSv6o6z.png

xvf9hJK.png

omSpBA1.png

Those look like bugs with materials assignment indeed, i think i saw it before but last time i played with those uniforms they were ok.

Make a ticket in our feedback tracker and we'll take a look, same for the NVG mount on the helmet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, simcardo said:

I don't remember exactly what went down. It wasn't about permission. IIRC, the textures looked too bright in the new lighting and there might have been the one or the other occasion of missing texture space under vests etc... At that point I decided it was easier to remake some of the textures, but really don't know anymore why specifically.

Before slaying me for not searching... I've searched.

Is there a way to filter the BIS arsenal to have ONLY cup items so that I can make a mission exclusively CUP (to the extent that it can be within the context of the game)?

I do see the weapons box... what about uniforms and such?

The arsenal defaults to alphabetical, but you can click the dropdown and sort by mod, makes it a lot easier.

8 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Before slaying me for not searching... I've searched.

Is there a way to filter the BIS arsenal to have ONLY cup items so that I can make a mission exclusively CUP (to the extent that it can be within the context of the game)?

I do see the weapons box... what about uniforms and such?

All CUP assets should have the appropriate CUP logo, so if you only use those then you should be golden.

There's filtering by add-on as well.  My goal is VA's that are limited to strictly CUP.  If not that, at least normal boxes with CUP only.

38 minutes ago, lawndartleo said:

There's filtering by add-on as well.  My goal is VA's that are limited to strictly CUP.  If not that, at least normal boxes with CUP only.

Ah you mean inside the mission? There are no equipment/uniform-boxes I'm afraid. I think there is a way to filter VA stuff, it could probably be automated via the dlc="xxx" config entries, but there is, sadly, no prefabricated solution.

Yes... in mission.  Sounds like a good old fashioned non arsenal box is my best bet.

That's a lot of class names to get.

Will there be any sensor overhaul/update for cup planes and helos ? Apaches and A10 are useless after 1.70 A3 update...

• Like 1

We were going to but since you ask so nicely maybe we wont.

• Like 9

@lawndartleo You could add every CUP item to an empty container in the eden editor and then make the container a virtual arsenal so it will have everything you put in there in unlimited quantities. Tedious as heck though.

1 hour ago, Chairborne said:

I say we delay until after the Taki Civilians ^^

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Is this some sort of humor or something else because I don't get it. What is wrong with my question ?

lol because you basically said "your mod sucks since the update" and they know all the details anyway so really there is no point to the question.  "when it is done"

It's probably already fixed on an internal build