CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hi there.

What is the command line to animate the doors of the blackhawk?

Thanks

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone reported this issue with units, but most of the ION PMC units show different uniforms to that when you spawn them in editor, Contractor 2 as example. when you make the unit playable the uniform changes too.

What is the classname for the strip blue and blue jeans uniform of the ION PMC?

46 minutes ago, AggrOnline said:

Not sure if anyone reported this issue with units, but most of the ION PMC units show different uniforms to that when you spawn them in editor, Contractor 2 as example. when you make the unit playable the uniform changes too.

That is not an issue, it's a feature called ramdomization.

As has been said this is the randomization at work. You can disable it by setting the BIS_disableRandomization variable, or by editing the loadout -units with a modified loadout don't randomize.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

On 5/9/2017 at 1:34 AM, Alwarren said:

As has been said this is the randomization at work. You can disable it by setting the BIS_disableRandomization variable, or by editing the loadout -units with a modified loadout don't randomize.

Still happening even when I disable by adding this to the player initialization :

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false];

By the way this is only happening with the ION PMC units, not seeing this behavior with other units

I tend to just spawn in Vanilla units and then dress them up in whatever gear I want. Okay it takes a little longer but you get to play around in Virtual Arsenal :)

On 07/05/2017 at 7:33 PM, wiki said:

Hi there.

What is the command line to animate the doors of the blackhawk?

Thanks

Does anyone know how to do it?

Haven't find it yet :-(

Just now, wiki said:

Does anyone know how to do it?

Haven't find it yet :-(

null = this animate ["doors",1];

6 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

Still happening even when I disable by adding this to the player initialization :

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false];

That was a typo. I wrote BIS_disableRandomization, it should have been CUP_disableRandomization.

Note the "disable"

6 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

By the way this is only happening with the ION PMC units, not seeing this behavior with other units

It was specifically implemented for the ION PMC's.

The thing is, I made most of the ION uniforms two-parted, a top and a bottom part. Like, a shirt and jeans. Each of them have their own 4096x2048 texture. The randomization selects, for each hiddenSelection that is listed in the unit's config, a random texture. This generates more combinations than the three or four pre-configured clothing variants.

We might add this behavior to other units if it fits.

4 hours ago, Chairborne said:

null = this animate ["doors",1];

Thanks.

I tried door_back, door_rear/ door_source... and not the most simple solution...

What an idiot...

If you check the config viewer you can find the animationsources by yourself though. :)

2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

If you check the config viewer you can find the animationsources by yourself though. :)

Never understood how it works :-(

With a name like WIKI you can't use the config viewer?  Is that irony?  :P

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Alwarren said:

That was a typo. I wrote BIS_disableRandomization, it should have been CUP_disableRandomization.

Note the "disable"

I just tried :

this setVariable ["CUP_enableRandomization", false];

still same issue. still randomizing it, What is the uniform class name used when you hover over Contractor 2?

Try CUP_disableRandomization instead?

I just tried :

still same issue. still randomizing it, What is the uniform class name used when you hover over Contractor 2?

As Janez said, and as I wrote, note the disable.
To get the class name just export thr loadout to Clipboard and see what uniform it assigns.

14 hours ago, Alwarren said:

As Janez said, and as I wrote, note the disable.
To get the class name just export thr loadout to Clipboard and see what uniform it assigns.

17 hours ago, Janez said:

Try CUP_disableRandomization instead?

I just tried this in editor:

and it still randomizing the clothing, Can you instead tell me what the Uniform class for the blue jeans and strippy shirt (CUP_I_PMC_Contractor2) is?

I'm seeing this as the syntax, yes?

this setVariable ["CUP_disableRandomization", false];

this setVariable ["CUP_disableRandomization", true];

So I'm having a heck of a time finding an F-35B addon that is as functional as the one in Arma2. Right now there only seem to be 2 sources, and this is one of them, but this F-35B has a few issues:

#1) Its not VTOL, it seems to be STOL (really short takeoff, but it always moves forward). Also, annoyingly, at only a few meters off the ground, it will start to move forward even when coming in vertically. The true VTOL nature of Arma2's F-35B was so convenient for repositioning it on the deck of the LHD.in a hangar/on the tarmac, etc, without using a towing script/mod.

Maybe this was an intentional design choice, but its one I really dislike.

#2) There is a problem with the with the loadouts of the CAS, LGB, and AA variants (I see the identical loadout of the AA and CAS variants is already on the bug tracker). CAS and AA loadouts are identical, the bomb version visually has mk82s in the internal bays, but they cant be dropped, and instead it displays 0 amraams.

#3) There is no version without external pylons and a gun. A "stealth" version without this external equipment would be very desirable. Perhaps you could make this version VTOL, while the ones with pylons (and thus a heavier weapons load) are just STOL/STOVL.

I hope there are plans to update them with the new Jets DLC in mind.

It would be really great if it had a targeting pod with the functionality shown here:

ie the ability to track and designate a fixed point on the ground like the drones have.

Since the Jets DLC comes with a new loadout UI for selecting jet loadouts, it would be great if this could carry 6 AMRAAMS (or zephyrs?) internally as it can IRL (or 6 falchions, or some mix thereof... but I don't know if you could change how many munitions you could carry depending on their size (like 4 amraams and 2 falchions, or 2 amraams and 2 GBUs), but a loadout with scalpels would be great as well.

I would love to see some loadout like this:

F35+with+Meteor+and+Spear+3.jpg

*Note that those missiles are derived from Hellfire missiles, and are not equivalent to the much larger and longer ranged AGM-65 Maverick/ "Macer IIs" of Arma 3. SO Arma 3's equivalent would be scalpel missiles I guess, although I wouldn't complain if there were DAGR pods instead.

I just tried this in editor:

and it still randomizing the clothing, Can you instead tell me what the Uniform class for the blue jeans and strippy shirt (CUP_I_PMC_Contractor2) is?

At this point I have to seriously ask wether you are trolling me.

9 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

OK, try this: Delete the init field of the unit. Yes, completely, remove everything.

Now, copy this ...

... and paste it into the init field of the unit. Don't change anything with it, most of all, do not disregard AGAIN what has been stated several times now that the variable is called

CUP_disableRandomization

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Varanon said:

OK, try this: Delete the init field of the unit. Yes, completely, remove everything.

Now, copy this ...

... and paste it into the init field of the unit. Don't change anything with it, most of all, do not disregard AGAIN what has been stated several times now that the variable is called

CUP_disableRandomization

you can walk a horse to water, but you cant force it to drink .

11 hours ago, Varanon said:

Now, copy this ...

CUP_disableRandomization

I figure since, It is clearly hard to explain it to you in words! CLEARLY!! and you seem just want me to test it out for you without testing it yourself first, Here is instructions and screen shots for you:

1. Load Chernarus_Isles in Editor (not that map should matter)

2. Go to Independent then select ION PMC

3. Hover over any of the men you get a picture preview of what the class should look like in this case I used Contractor 2, click here

4. Click preview and when you are in the game you can see how the uniform changes, click here, if you go back to editor and try again maybe I get lucky second time (yes, your code is still in the init field of the unit), click here. yet another random uniform!

12 hours ago, Alwarren said:

At this point I have to seriously ask wether you are trolling me.

typo! Not trolling It should ready disableRandomization. Read the above and try yourself. I will ask the third or fourth time, if you don't know just say so but WHAT IS THE UNIFORM CLASS NAME FOR Contractor 2 ??