CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Awesome, thanks for the reply. To me I always liked both setups so it's fine. Nothing like a heavy, pouch laden vest to make you feel like an operator!

Is there a UH-1H for the US Army with CUP and may there be a UH-1H for UN in a future patch??? 0.o

6 hours ago, bagpiperguy said:

Is there a UH-1H for the US Army with CUP and may there be a UH-1H for UN in a future patch??? 0.o

UN version will be appreciated

The "sewing machine" makes an appearance in the Takistani Mountains as Takistani Army troops come under fire 

DBB12CED457C0E10BD4F33942BEEFB8E0A1B1735

• Like 10

On 26.02.2017 at 2:16 AM, bagpiperguy said:

1. No, but germany BLUFOR faction has it.

2. Not a bad idea actually. I'll see what can be done about this one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Question, will you guys consider enabling countermeasure mode?

Is it disabled? For what vehicles? Not all helicopters or aircraft have CM in real life.

2 minutes ago, taro8 said:

Is it disabled? For what vehicles? Not all helicopters or aircraft have CM in real life.

Well it isn't enabled for all helicopters that should have them "hind's and such". What i mean isn't countermeasures in general, but the aircraft that do only using Burst mode, AFAIK, switching to single fire is a thing, just disabled by default (wasn't this way in Arma 2), but can be enabled via. a simple config.

3 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Well it isn't enabled for all helicopters that should have them "hind's and such". What i mean isn't countermeasures in general, but the aircraft that do only using Burst mode, AFAIK, switching to single fire is a thing, just disabled by default (wasn't this way in Arma 2), but can be enabled via. a simple config.

Single fire CM is an ACE feature. Good one, but all of the vanilla vehicles use burst mode AFAIK,

9 minutes ago, taro8 said:

Single fire CM is an ACE feature. Good one, but all of the vanilla vehicles use burst mode AFAIK,

i'm aware ACE uses this, but it's already Vanilla to Arma 3, simply disabled by default, at least that's what i was told by a BI Dev some time ago. What i was wondering is if CUP could consider enabling this, not because it's realistic, which it is, sure and ACE uses it, but it's not native to ACE, but rather because it was nice to have in Arma 2, and CUP brings back some of those A2 good feeling. I feel like Arma 3 is missing this feature. 

52 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org

Please create a ticket and list those that you found not to have CM launchers

• Like 2

As far as i know 99% of helos have countermeasures, only exceptions being the older UH1H huey and littlebirds.

I dont see why that should change since they're indeed old airframes, and NOT having countermeasures gives some variety to the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Question, will you guys consider enabling countermeasure mode?

Why not do so yourself? We have quite a bit on our heads. If you do your mod might get incorporated into CUP.

Well I'm not saying they don't have countermeasuers, I suppose you may be interpreting what I'm saying wrong (countermeasure mode, burst/single)

I was only asking a question. But if I knew a bit of coding, I wouldn't mind. I remember scripting in YSFLIGHT (made flares fire left, down and to the right), but I'm not on the CUP team and I don't know SQF. =P

17 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

Of course it's possible. :^)

Would it be something in the config.cpp or the new model would need to be made?

15 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Well I'm not saying they don't have countermeasuers, I suppose you may be interpreting what I'm saying wrong (countermeasure mode, burst/single)

I was only asking a question. But if I knew a bit of coding, I wouldn't mind. I remember scripting in YSFLIGHT (made flares fire left, down and to the right), but I'm not on the CUP team and I don't know SQF. =P

All vanilla air vehicles have only burst mode, ACE3 adds the ability to toggle to single mode and that should work for all aircraft (including CUP's).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bhcluster said:

Would it be something in the config.cpp or the new model would need to be made?

It needs a butchered model.

14 hours ago, Chairborne said:

It needs a butchered model.

So there is no easy way of attaching .50cal onto unarmed version of this vehicle?

It needs someone to take possibly hours out of his spare time and do this instead of something else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chairborne said:

It needs someone to take possibly hours out of his spare time and do this instead of something else.

:rthumb:

Ok

5 hours ago, bhcluster said:

So there is no easy way of attaching .50cal onto unarmed version of this vehicle?

You could use attach to and attack a mini tripod version of the 50cal to the top and add some sandbags for cover if you want to

• Like 3

A remake of a remake of the M1 Abrams' textures. I used the lessons I learned from making the M113 textures: less bumpy, added dust, scratches etc.

Also I noticed that our Abrams had all of the roadwheels shifted to the rear, most likely the creator only saw a reference of a one side of the M1 and used wheels from that, mirroring them to the other side. Due to the torsion bar suspension the roadwheels are actually offset on one of the sides. I just moved them forward into "average" position. This stops the Abrams from slightly tilting forward on its own.

http://imgur.com/a/XXov9

• Like 8