CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

7 hours ago, mrsandbox said:

I like the fact that with the complete CUP pack you got everything you need without installing thousands of mods.

That was actually high on the list of my motivations when I started the whole thing. There had been ports of Arma 2 assets but most of the time it were single items, some weapons, some vehicles, but never the whole thing. To get everything you would have needed literally dozens of addons :)

• Like 1

For launchers, while I could understand the significantly increased weight compared to vanilla value, I don't quite get the sudden increase of total weight when a round is loaded into the launcher.

This is an Arma 3 bug and has been fixed in dev branch.

• Like 1

Thanks, dunno why the imgur album preview is not loading up on the forums though. :\

1 minute ago, Chairborne said:

Thanks, dunno why the imgur album preview is not loading up on the forums though. :\

It did the same on another thread for me. Guess its the 100kb thing?

I guess, image posting rules have changed since the new forums came, it used to be automated until like a couple weeks ago. Ah well...

Ambient Planes from Take on: Helicopters. They have no interior, but they can be used, showing a "UAV" like pilot view. Main purpose is for ambience, though, not for player use

bwbk5Trm.jpg
2jXMInkm.jpg

3uxsse4m.jpg

4EsoLEIm.jpg

Cy3H1sMm.jpg

IKsC8k4m.jpg

15an0x5m.jpg

• Like 26

Great idea! Will go beautifully with the ambient ships mod for that extra detail at low performance cost :drinking2:

So how soon can we expect working interiors for those new planes?

j/k  LOL

• Like 5

So how soon can we expect working interiors for those new planes?

j/k  LOL

Right after you've made them
  • Like 9

Thank you guys a lot for all the work you've put into this project. Especially with the rise of the Steam workshop, using mods has become a great experience and yours is already used in countless missions and greatly appreciated by the community.

I was recently thinking of trying a small mission with my friends and tried setting it up on my dedicated Linux server. Now the mission only uses CUP Weapons, Units and Vehicles, no terrains or anything fancy. So I went about installing those (CBA I already have). I'm aware of the capitalization "issue" on Linux, but running 

find . -depth -print -execdir rename -f 'y/A-Z/a-z/' '{}' \;

on the CUP mods solved that alright. Then I started the server with all the mods properly loaded

-mod=@CBA_A3;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;@cup_vehicles

and tried to load the mission after logging in. Unfortunately I was greeted by a blank lobby/slot selection screen. And sure enough, the server log showed

14:15:07 Mission co13_Leaving_Tanoa.Tanoa read from bank.
14:15:08 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1016.type: Vehicle class CUP_C_DC3_TanoAir_CIV no longer exists
14:15:08 Missing addons detected:
14:15:08   CUP_Creatures_Military_PMC
14:15:08   CUP_Creatures_Military_USMC
14:15:08   CUP_AirVehicles_DC3
14:15:08 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CUP_Creatures_Military_PMC, CUP_Creatures_Military_USMC, CUP_AirVehicles_DC3

I don't think the offender here is the mission, as I've been able to play it without problems by hosting it on my main Windows machine from the client. Naturally, I run the exact same (the latest) versions of CBA and CUP on the server as well as my client. Also I'd like to add that I've hosted missions requiring addons such as CBA or FFAA on my dedicated server before, and haven't run into that sort of problem yet.

I know there's most likely something weird going on that you can't really help me with, but I'm just putting this out there, hoping somebody maybe saw something like this before and might be able to point me in the right direction.

Are you sure you loaded the mods correctly, and that it's actually complete/uncorrupted?

Because that stuff was certainly not removed by us.

12 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

Are you sure you loaded the mods correctly, and that it's actually complete/uncorrupted?

Because that stuff was certainly not removed by us.

Quite sure, because I copied over the mod folder exactly as I have it on my client, and that is exactly what is automatically downloaded from the workshop. Of course I had a look at the files via SSH as they currently are on the server, and I think I found the files corresponding to the classes that are supposedly missing.

Here's part of what I have in the units:

BrYFyCL.png

And this is from vehicles:

TBLAJ80.png

It all seems to be there.

:dozingoff: that's weird.

Perhaps they got corrupted during transfer. The same files on your pc work correctly, right?

Absolutely, I was able to play the mission with no problems at all. And I've made two attempts at the whole thing, including transfering the files, making everything lowercase, the whole deal. Ended up with the exact same error. That plus the fact that file transfer via SSH (SFTP) technically cannot lead to corrupted files pretty much rules that out.

are you on a linux server? i remember reading there was a limit as to how many pbos at a time you could load, if you have tons of mods loaded other than cup it might cause troubles.

Yes I am using Linux, but I don't think this limit is the cause. I don't have any mods loaded besides CBA_A3, CUP weapons, units and vehicles. Also I would hope that reaching the PBO limit would at least throw some kind of mildly useful error message, but I haven't seen anything of the sort.

15 minutes ago, frankfranconi said:

Yes I am using Linux, but I don't think this limit is the cause. I don't have any mods loaded besides CBA_A3, CUP weapons, units and vehicles. Also I would hope that reaching the PBO limit would at least throw some kind of mildly useful error message, but I haven't seen anything of the sort.

It won't; it will just quietly fail and produce garbage. However, you shouldn't hit the limit with just CUP and CBA.

Does the RPT show anything else? Can you post your entire RPT into a pastebin?

17 minutes ago, frankfranconi said:

What are the folders named on your server ? If like @CUP Terrains - Core then it dont work well or dont work at all.

Linux goes crazy with gaps. Maybe thats your problem as your rpt says

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

That means its not loaded. ArmA never lies...

Just now, Muecke said:

What are the folder named on your server ? If like @CUP Terrains - Core then it dont work well or dont work at all.

Linux goes crazy with gaps. Maybe that your problem as your rpt says

I know that gaps are best avoided if you want something to run anywhere, so I made sure not to have any and renamed the modfolders. You can see how I named them from the -mod parameter I'm using.

-mod=@CBA_A3;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;@cup_vehicles

I'll go and grab the RPT quickly.

Ok, so apparently the Linux server doesn't create RPT files but instead just prints everything to stdout and stderr. So here's what I got:

http://pastebin.com/wQMr1SJ1

This is everything from the server starting, to me connecting, logging in, selecting the mission and getting the error.

I just realized that the log only shows the first mod, CBA_A3 in the list of loaded mods. Maybe something's wrong with my startup script that makes only the first mod from my -mod parameter list load.

#!/bin/bash

cd "Steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3 Server"
./arma3server -name=server -config=server.cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;@cup_vehicles

Since I've mostly been playing missions only requiring one mod at a time, that's probably why I haven't noticed until now.

Silly me, I figured it out. It really was the -mod parameter. Putting everything into quotations solved it, now all mods are loaded.

./arma3server -name=server -config=server.cfg -mod="@CBA_A3;@cup_weapons;@cup_units;@cup_vehicles"

• Like 2