CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

1 hour ago, giorox said:

Yeah, might not have been all direct hits :P

Anyways, let me bother you once more, any plans on making the VLS tubes working? Launching Tomahawks maybe? :3

Nope, that's for the sea sparrows and all the animations are there, howevere there's a silly restriction with how many people in a vehicle can use tablock (only one), so we had to put all tablock weapons to a single gunner (reason why the main gunner gets all the fancy weapons).

3 hours ago, Chairborne said:

Nope, that's for the sea sparrows and all the animations are there, howevere there's a silly restriction with how many people in a vehicle can use tablock (only one), so we had to put all tablock weapons to a single gunner (reason why the main gunner gets all the fancy weapons).

Awwww, kinda half expected them to be able to launch Tomahawks :P

6 hours ago, deltagamer said:

Agreed, we had an internal discussion and I decided to change it. Now looks a lot better and the commander is less exposed, only thing is with how the position is setup regardless he will always be exposed so nothing can really help that apart from maybe some GPK.

Yea that looks a lot better! Could put a small shield on the front of the .50 for some little more protection, or is that too much haha? 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, Chairborne said:

What kind of updates does it need?

being able to pack in editor

• Like 1

On 11/26/2016 at 2:24 AM, Alwarren said:

Upcoming in one of the next Cupdates. New PMC units. I'm making a couple of new uniforms and vests. The IOTV vest will be added to the US Army later

http://imgur.com/a/5TEhn

Did those make the last update? I cant find the Arma 2 Dayz Mod Hero look unfirm (PMC) if I go in editor nor I find any class names in your web site under documentation?

2 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

Did those make the last update? I cant find the Arma 2 Dayz Mod Hero look unfirm (PMC) if I go in editor nor I find any class names in your web site under documentation?

It's apart of the PMC faction, a faction that had not yet had their models ported over. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sergeant Mason said:

It's apart of the PMC faction, a faction that had not yet had their models ported over. 

Gotcha so not ported yet. thanks

3 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

Gotcha so not ported yet. thanks

They will likely be in the next update of CUP Units, if Alwarren finds the time to finalize them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Varanon said:

They will likely be in the next update of CUP Units, if Alwarren finds the time to finalize them.

Are we also going to expect Zeus comparability? Us zeusers are really missing out on the cup buildings.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Mason said:

Are we also going to expect Zeus comparability? Us zeusers are really missing out on the cup buildings.

They will be in, AFAIK. 

theres a lot of problems with cup. problems that seem like they could be fixed in 15 minutes but are never fixed no matter how many people complain.

its been a long time and the uaz with the spg still behaves like a damned tank. the gun inherits the t-72's properties. the rocket bounces off the ground and ricochets. when fired it kills anyone standing within 20 feet of the car because of overpressure.

it used to behave like a TOW.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76087

that is almost TWO YEARS AGO. it is listed as "resolved". is "resolved" code-word for "we broke it in a different way so make a new bug report on the bug tracker"?

when you lay prone and fire with many of the small arms you get the vanilla suppression effect that messes up your vision as if YOU are the one being shot at.

i like the additions such as the hook helicopter and how someone went out of their way to add in mastiffs and other weird things, but its impossible to use this mod in its current state. it cant even hold a candle to RHS because of these extremely basic glitches and bugs that take years to be fixed, if they are fixed at all.

even the maps in the map pack are still messed up after over a year. i know that in arma 1 roads were only one lane and if two cars were going down the same road towards each other they would hit head on. only in arma 2 was the ai/maps modified to have two lanes, one for each travel direction. for sahrani to be ported into arma 3 someone would have to manually add two lanes for every road. well on sahrani all the ai drive 10 or 15 feet offroad, simply driving next to the road until they hit a building and get stuck and never move again. the guy who made SMD sahrani was somehow able to figure this out on the first try and the ai use the roads on that map perfectly.

i feel like i put shit on the bug tracker and talk on the forums and do all this and nobody listens or gives a shit. i dont expect any miracles but its been so damn long that at this rate the mod wont be finished and usable until the year 2021. id like to use it as a base for adding more countries and factions to the game, but i cant do that when nothing works right and you cant even fire a gun without going blind or killing yourself.

18 minutes ago, pognivet said:

theres a lot of problems with cup. problems that seem like they could be fixed in 15 minutes but are never fixed no matter how many people complain.

its been a long time and the uaz with the spg still behaves like a damned tank. the gun inherits the t-72's properties. the rocket bounces off the ground and ricochets. when fired it kills anyone standing within 20 feet of the car because of overpressure.

that is almost TWO YEARS AGO. it is listed as "resolved". is "resolved" code-word for "we broke it in a different way so make a new bug report on the bug tracker"?

when you lay prone and fire with many of the small arms you get the vanilla suppression effect that messes up your vision as if YOU are the one being shot at.

i like the additions such as the hook helicopter and how someone went out of their way to add in mastiffs and other weird things, but its impossible to use this mod in its current state. it cant even hold a candle to RHS because of these extremely basic glitches and bugs that take years to be fixed, if they are fixed at all.

even the maps in the map pack are still messed up after over a year. i know that in arma 1 roads were only one lane and if two cars were going down the same road towards each other they would hit head on. only in arma 2 was the ai/maps modified to have two lanes, one for each travel direction. for sahrani to be ported into arma 3 someone would have to manually add two lanes for every road. well on sahrani all the ai drive 10 or 15 feet offroad, simply driving next to the road until they hit a building and get stuck and never move again. the guy who made SMD sahrani was somehow able to figure this out on the first try and the ai use the roads on that map perfectly.

i feel like i put shit on the bug tracker and talk on the forums and do all this and nobody listens or gives a shit. i dont expect any miracles but its been so damn long that at this rate the mod wont be finished and usable until the year 2021. id like to use it as a base for adding more countries and factions to the game, but i cant do that when nothing works right and you cant even fire a gun without going blind or killing yourself.

then dont fucking use it

• Like 5

Agree with Scotty.

The people behind CUP do it in their spare time and don't charge a penny. The mod was a huge undertaking to create and certainly is to maintain. Can it be frustrating to report something but still have there after sometime, absolutely! However, as I said on another post, mods are the miracle and frustration of Arma. The game wouldn't be what it is without them, but we the players are at the mercy of the mod maker who, as mentioned in the last sentence, do it for free! If they don't get to something or a fix doesn't stay fixed, unless you want to step up and fix it yourself, patience is what is needed.

With the CUP mod weighing in at gigabytes in size, I would think patience is a pretty cheap price tag!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, pognivet said:

theres a lot of problems with cup. problems that seem like they could be fixed in 15 minutes but are never fixed no matter how many people complain.[...] but i cant do that when nothing works right and you cant even fire a gun without going blind or killing yourself.

Have you considered learning to fix these problems yourself and helping out the mod? You seem to think that they are easy fixes and they very well might be but CUP has 2-3 games of content, 2-3 expansions of content, and 3 DLCs of content to take care of in their spare time. I'm sure they could use some more help and if you have things you want to see change then offering to help out might be the best way to do it.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, jakerod said:

Have you considered learning to fix these problems yourself and helping out the mod? You seem to think that they are easy fixes and they very well might be but CUP has 2-3 games of content, 2-3 expansions of content, and 3 DLCs of content to take care of in their spare time. I'm sure they could use some more help and if you have things you want to see change then offering to help out might be the best way to do it.

sure. im not hating. simply frustrated over these basic things. i will help any way i can.

7 hours ago, pognivet said:

sure. im not hating. simply frustrated over these basic things. i will help any way i can.

As far as I can see you won´t be a great help with disrespectful posts. Also you are surely hating as your post if full of it.

The bugs you are pointing on are mostly true but we can´t expect anything.

How often do we need to explain how this community works ?

• Like 3

Blimey. We're mostly grownups in here. So, he had a little rant. Get over it.

From what I've seen, it wasn't entirely unjustified and could have happened on ANY thread in this forum. He makes legitimate points and he's followed SOP by reporting them or checking they've been reported. So his language was a little spicey and perhaps disrespectful and that's unacceptable. But was he right? In part, at least, yes.

CUP is a fantastic body of work, created by some of the best guys we have available to us right now. It's free, wide-ranging and comprehensive. I and many others are grateful we have it and I'd argue that without CUP and RHS and others, we wouldn't be here today, given the rather limited range of the vanilla game. And it's flawed because it's made by humans. Nature of the beast.

Sometimes, what seems most distasteful to me is the gangs of users who are actually more offtopic than the original rant peddling the same old tired phrases attacking someone making valid and constructive but unwelcome criticism. But unwelcome != bad. Ranter has returned and posted again (so he's not flame baiting) in a more reflective mood, yet he's still being attacked.

I too have seen these bugs that he mentions and it's frustrating to see them 'closed' or 'solved' when they are in fact, far from that.

It's not wrong of him to raise these points. More moderate language would have been preferred no doubt. It's not wrong to say to creators of free content "You could do this better".

• Like 4

Just for some clarification:

First off the CUP team is fine with critical feedback. We get a lot. And everything that is justified is taken seriously by CUP.

But pognivet complains about a ticket in a tracker we don't use since more than 2 years about a ticket that is resolved. I also conclude that nobody here read the ticket in question. It is about the SPG flying wireguided like an ATGM missile and that it shouldn't be the case for a RPG like weapon. This was fixed, the RPG now flies straight. 

its been a long time and the uaz with the spg still behaves like a damned tank.

And that is how this thing should behave. A SPG is not a wire guided weapon. It was derived from the Titan some time ago which is clearly wrong, that was changed to a more realistic behaviour.

So his biggest point about "CUP doesn't fix simple stuff" is a ticket we actually fixed and he now complains wasn't fixed because he mixed the intended behaviour of the weapon before and after fixing.

This is like saying we need to fix the swimming tanks, they used to be sinking, so they need sink again when driven in water.

I also looked up newer changes in our Tracker http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T488 and the SPG had never anything to do with any T-72 weapon only that both fly in an unguided, straight way :D

Is there a ticket about it? Can't find one. If there is none, we don't know about this issue ;)

• Like 7

9 hours ago, pognivet said:

This feedback tracker has been abandoned 2 years ago, whatever was posted in there fell into oblivion a long time ago.

We fix as many problems as we can manage to get fixed, we currently have some 120 vehicle types in CUP, plus units, plus dubbing, plus infantry weapons.

Shouldn't really come as a surprise if we leave something behind (furthermore if it's in a feedback tracker we don't use anymore).

Overpressure is an ACE thing, we can't check every minimal compatibility detail, instead of acting like sperglord you could've opened a ticket in our CURRENT feedback tracker (the one that you can find in the very first post of this thread, and several times over in these pages).

What's "vanilla suppression effect"?

• Like 7

20 hours ago, pognivet said:

Right...

Overpressure is part of ACE; and since the SPG-9 is a recoilless rifle, the overpressure it generates is quite substantial. I haven't fired an SPG-9 yet, but I fired the Carl Gustav, and you don't want to be in front of this thing or behind it, certianly not 20 meters.

It doesn't behave like a TOW anymore, so what exactly are you complaining about? Yes, the ammo is way too bouncy, but the ticket you quoted from a long-abandoned tracker doesn't mention it. It only mentions that the bullet was steerable, which it isn't anymore. problem resolved. What is your point? If there is another issue, make another ticket but don't complain about the stuff that is, in fact ALREADY FIXED.

Geez, there is no "vanilla suppression effect". No overpressure either. You are using ACE: Overpressure, and what you call "suppression effect" are both features of ACE: Wear a pair of goggles, and when you fire prone the dust and dirt will no longer get into your eyes.

Point me to the year old issues. So far, the only ones you mentioned are either already fixed, or not an issue at all.

I do think this issue is fixed in the latest release. 

As pointed out above, none of the issues you raised are issues, or have already been fixed. If there is more, feel free to report it, and we will take our best effort to fix them, but this kind of ranting will get us nowhere, neither you, nor us. And if you report issues, please report them without ACE unless it is an ACE feature that you want to report about.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 8

I would like to add that our bug tracker is now at http://bugs.cup-arma3.org, so any bug reports, please report them there. 

I guess you have a point about bouncing ammo, and I'm sure it will be looked into

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 5:06 PM, jakerod said:

This x1000

Only so many hours in the day and Real Life keeps getting in the way of mod time!

Coming soon to a Community Upgrade Project near you: (click for larger)

EcJ1AN1m.jpga52IpdLm.jpgOtUH6a2m.jpgz6WMVaim.jpg

All new Little Birds, both J and M models, With a variety of weapons loadouts and benches. The models and textures are all done from scratch.

• Like 19